GDT: Flames at Carolina, 3:00 MT (not that it matters I have no idea what time it is lol)

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
oh-no.gif

Give me that top 10 pick.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Anyone interested in some Wolf starts in the last 20 games?
Goalie situation has to be sorted out for next season. Go with 3 goalies for the rest of the season, give Wolf 6 or 7 starts, Vladdy a couple, Markstrom can do some mopping up.
Anyone?
Not behind that disaster of a D core. Maybe against the Sharks or Ducks. Not coming up in the near future

Reactions: Boomstick

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
There are probably no complaints only about Manjipane.
Andersen is terrible.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Imagine if Conroy had traded Hanifin and tanev earlier? We would be the favorite for Celebrini now.
Perhaps but everyone knows an earlier trade would have resulted in much worse return. Nothing beats a TDL trade. :sarcasm:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Twitter Shitpost dump:

Anyone interested in some Wolf starts in the last 20 games?
Goalie situation has to be sorted out for next season. Go with 3 goalies for the rest of the season, give Wolf 6 or 7 starts, Vladdy a couple, Markstrom can do some mopping up.
Anyone?

Yes. Let that playoff dream go and see what else is in the system. Wolf isn't a newborn baby bird, he's been a pro goalie for a couple seasons now. Might as well let him get more familiar with the NHL. Give guys like Ben Jones a look. Get Gallant up here to rattle some cages.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
About the Kuzmenko trip, people need to think before they post. Yes, it was a wrong call, but the officials are behind and ahead of the play, so from there angle it looks like the stick would be in teh foot. They aren't watching from the side angle in slow motion.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
You have been missing quite a few lately. What's up buddy? Work commitments?

I don't like Weegar OR Andersson on 1st PP, give the wheel to Seriozha Miromanov.

Second segment meant to be a separate post, soz

I work shift work as a power engineer, and the last month we were extremely short-handed along with a scheduled maintenance shutdown in one of our departments. I've also been doing some work-related further studies, have an exam coming up. It's been an extremely busy month to two months. I'll always miss some games but yeah it's been extra busy. I should be able to catch the next couple though.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It's a good thing we kept Markstrom for that playoff push. Thanks Murray. We might never have the chance to trade Kadri again. Look at that Hertl deal. Kadri is comparable. I hate how delusional our organization is. They thought they could delete our shutdown pair and we could still push for the playoffs if we have Markstrom.

People will see now that Hanifin was our best defenseman, those who thought it was Ras or Weegar are very wrong. Not blaming the org for that though, they can't make him sign.

Reactions: badi and Tofveve

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Imagine if Conroy had traded Hanifin and tanev earlier? We would be the favorite for Celebrini now.
Fair point lol but just be happy Conroy actually did sell them. We still aren’t worse than SJ or Chicago and this draft is a crapshoot between like 2/3-10 anyway so it’s not a big deal

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
It's a good thing we kept Markstrom for that playoff push. Thanks Murray. We might never have the chance to trade Kadri again. Look at that Hertl deal. Kadri is comparable. I hate how delusional our organization is. They thought they could delete our shutdown pair and we could still push for the playoffs if we have Markstrom.

People will see now that Hanifin was our best defenseman, those who thought it was Ras or Weegar are very wrong. Not blaming the org for that though, they can't make him sign.
Kadri is not comparable to Hertl imo. Hertl is a legit top line C/LW at age 30 whereas Kadri is 33 and is a 2C. We’d get close to 0 value for Kadri in a trade with his current contract imo.

I would have traded Marky too but it seems like it wasn’t as close as we thought based on the report from Francis and the quote from Fitzgerald that Conroy was trying to squeeze him for every penny or something to that effect. Marky also isn’t bringing us back an elite prospect and imo the best we can expect is a mid-first. I think we can still get good value for him in the summer so I wouldn’t be too hard on our management for that one.

Conroy hasn’t been perfect, but I see so many fans harping on the negative when we just pulled off 4 big selling moves in the past 8 months and added tons of picks and prospects. We’re finally on the right path forward by focusing on the future and taking some short term pain for long term gain, let’s just be patient and accept that Conroy has a legit long-term plan even if it isn’t perfect. I for one am excited to see us pick in the top-10 this year and next, watch our young guys (Zary, Coronato, Pells, Wolf, Pospisil, Honzek, our plethora of d prospects) develop, and build around them with tons of mid-round picks and some good leadership scattered throughout the lineup.

This is the start of our next chapter. It will likely be painful in the short term, but we’re investing in the future. Time to be positive and patient.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Free Wolf. Vladar isn’t the future in this teams net.

Let’s see what Poirier can do in the top 4. No one other than Brewski or Morin have top 4 talent and they are a few years away from that role at least. I’d also like to see Kuznetsov and Solovyov get some games on the 3rd pair. Nothing to lose now.

Reactions: Tofveve

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This might be our D moving forward for the next couple of years.
Maybe, it all depends how management feels about the top 4 potential of Miromanov, Pachal & Okhotyuk The latter 2 still being pretty young for defensemen.

Personally I think Pachal has that potential from what I've seen. Miro certainly has the confidence in himself to be a top 4 defenseman. I have no thoughts on Okhotyuk at this point in time.

That deal for Hertl was f***ing terrible for the Sharks.

And it's obvious you have 0 leadership skills. Nothing the Flames did said they think we are a playoff contender, but you don't say that to the media, you say the opposite to encourage your your team and help morale. You need to stop believing everything you read online.

Free Wolf. Vladar isn’t the future in this teams net.

Let’s see what Poirier can do in the top 4. No one other than Brewski or Morin have top 4 talent and they are a few years away from that role at least. I’d also like to see Kuznetsov and Solovyov get some games on the 3rd pair. Nothing to lose now.
Poirier has barely played this year, let him get his legs under him again and calling up Wolf when he's not playing all that well, is hardly a smart idea. Also Solo is hurt.

edit: just to elaborate on Wolf, since going back down, he's 4-5-2 with a 2.75 GAA and sub .910 SV%

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Kadri is not comparable to Hertl imo. Hertl is a legit top line C/LW at age 30 whereas Kadri is 33 and is a 2C. We’d get close to 0 value for Kadri in a trade with his current contract imo.

I would have traded Marky too but it seems like it wasn’t as close as we thought based on the report from Francis and the quote from Fitzgerald that Conroy was trying to squeeze him for every penny or something to that effect. Marky also isn’t bringing us back an elite prospect and imo the best we can expect is a mid-first. I think we can still get good value for him in the summer so I wouldn’t be too hard on our management for that one.

Conroy hasn’t been perfect, but I see so many fans harping on the negative when we just pulled off 4 big selling moves in the past 8 months and added tons of picks and prospects. We’re finally on the right path forward by focusing on the future and taking some short term pain for long term gain, let’s just be patient and accept that Conroy has a legit long-term plan even if it isn’t perfect. I for one am excited to see us pick in the top-10 this year and next, watch our young guys (Zary, Coronato, Pells, Wolf, Pospisil, Honzek, our plethora of d prospects) develop, and build around them with tons of mid-round picks and some good leadership scattered throughout the lineup.

This is the start of our next chapter. It will likely be painful in the short term, but we’re investing in the future. Time to be positive and patient.
Based on what exactly? Kadri is definitely better defensively. He has outscored Hertl for 3 straight seasons. Kadri is more competitive, is top 5 in penalties drawn. Kadri is much better than Hertl. It's not really close.

Maybe, it all depends how management feels about the top 4 potential of Miromanov, Pachal & Okhotyuk The latter 2 still being pretty young for defensemen.

Personally I think Pachal has that potential from what I've seen. Miro certainly has the confidence in himself to be a top 4 defenseman. I have no thoughts on Okhotyuk at this point in time.

That deal for Hertl was f***ing terrible for the Sharks.

And it's obvious you have 0 leadership skills. Nothing the Flames did said they think we are a playoff contender, but you don't say that to the media, you say the opposite to encourage your your team and help morale. You need to stop believing everything you read online.

Poirier has barely played this year, let him get his legs under him again and calling up Wolf when he's not playing all that well, is hardly a smart idea. Also Solo is hurt.

edit: just to elaborate on Wolf, since going back down, he's 4-5-2 with a 2.75 GAA and sub .910 SV%
Oof. You're so unaware of what a rebuilding team should be doing that it's scary. The Hertl deal was brilliant for the Sharks. The basically got 2 1st round picks for Hertl and 2 3rd round picks. That's excellent value for a guy who is over 30 and carries a big cap hit while producing around 60 points and not playing in his own end at all.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Based on what exactly? Kadri is definitely better defensively. He has outscored Hertl for 3 straight seasons. Kadri is more competitive, is top 5 in penalties drawn. Kadri is much better than Hertl. It's not really close.
It’s almost like Hertl playing on a bottom-5 team in the league the past few years has significantly impacted his production. Look at the stats all you want, just watch what happens with Hertl in Vegas.

Hertl is much more talented than you’re giving him credit for. He’s bigger, faster, and a much better playmaker/offense creator than Kadri. Kadri is so selfish with the puck and has terrible tunnel vision when he gets it. Half the games (like today’s) he is atrocious and often doesn’t use his linemates unless they make it easy for him like Zary does. He’s obviously still skilled and a great 2C when playing with high end linemates, but I bet Hertl proves to be a first line player down the stretch and into playoffs at a near PPG pace when he’s healthy. Add to that the fact that Hertl is 3 years younger and it’s not quite close who the more valuable asset is. And no team is acquiring Hertl or Kadri for their defensive ability lol. There’s a reason teams won’t give us anything for Kadri at 5 more years at 7 mil signed til he’s 38.

Looking at Hertl’s numbers over the last two years when the Sharks are an absolute joke doesn’t tell you much. Ask an objective fan though or make a poll on the main boards and you’ll see

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Oof. You're so unaware of what a rebuilding team should be doing that it's scary. The Hertl deal was brilliant for the Sharks. The basically got 2 1st round picks for Hertl and 2 3rd round picks. That's excellent value for a guy who is over 30 and carries a big cap hit while producing around 60 points and not playing in his own end at all.
I'm smart enough to know you can rebuild without going scorched earth and turning into a joke because your players learn to accept losing.

And that was a f***ing terrible trade. They should get a 1st for just eating that much salary . Now they all their retention slots tied up for another year and 2 of them for much longer. They should have gotten significantly more, but Grier is a moron.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
It’s almost like Hertl playing on a bottom-5 team in the league the past few years has significantly impacted his production. Look at the stats all you want, just watch what happens with Hertl in Vegas.

Hertl is much more talented than you’re giving him credit for. He’s bigger, faster, and a much better playmaker/offense creator than Kadri. Kadri is so selfish with the puck and has terrible tunnel vision when he gets it. Half the games (like today’s) he is atrocious and often doesn’t use his linemates unless they make it easy for him like Zary does. He’s obviously still skilled and a great 2C when playing with high end linemates, but I bet Hertl proves to be a first line player down the stretch and into playoffs at a near PPG pace when he’s healthy. Add to that the fact that Hertl is 3 years younger and it’s not quite close who the more valuable asset is. And no team is acquiring Hertl or Kadri for their defensive ability lol. There’s a reason teams won’t give us anything for Kadri at 5 more years at 7 mil signed til he’s 38.

Looking at Hertl’s numbers over the last two years when the Sharks are an absolute joke doesn’t tell you much. Ask an objective fan though or make a poll on the main boards and you’ll see

I don’t feel strongly one way or another about Kadri over Hertl but this isn’t a good argument. He likely won’t be getting first line or first PP minutes in Vegas when they’re healthy

Meier’s production took a huge hit when he moved off the sharks to a deeper team in New Jersey

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

If you think Hertl is faster than Kadri you've never watched him play. He's slow. Extremely slow. Skates like Tkachuk and Monahan.

You think his numbers are going to get better when he has to be accountable defensively? Like Burns? Like Meier? Like Karlsson?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'm smart enough to know you can rebuild without going scorched earth and turning into a joke because your players learn to accept losing.

And that was a f***ing terrible trade. They should get a 1st for just eating that much salary . Now they all their retention slots tied up for another year and 2 of them for much longer. They should have gotten significantly more, but Grier is a moron.
Grier got rid of one of the 3 long term bad contracts he has to. The retention slot being used was the only bad part of that deal. Do you really think having Kadri or Markstrom prevents this or makes it become scorched earth? Our teams wins are produced by the Backlund line, our top pairing and goaltending being good this year. Do you think Markstrom is a sure bet to be good every year? He's been here 4 years now. He had an average year, a great year, a terrible year and another great year. He's also 34. Kadri is 34 too. You want to wait for 39 so we can finish 23rd next season instead of 27th? That seems....dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad