GDT: FLAMES (29-23-13) vs. DUCKS (21-35-9) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
This organization has the players on the Flames and Wranglers this year to be a playoff team. Sutter’s player deployment and big mouth cratered the season up to this point.

Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
It's sad that two barely wins in a row have got me this jacked up again. What can I say I'm just a big dumb idiot with a favorite hockey team.

WE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS BABY
disappointed-bunk-moreland.gif

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I don't understand how Sutter has had the success he's had.

He undermines confidence in nearly every player (Lucic and Toffoli being the two exceptions) by odd usage and non-usage/press-box placement (Ruzicka, Duehr). He plays the worst player on the team nearly the most and in prime moments where we need our most skilled out there instead of him. He constantly has the lines in a blender, but oddly 1st and 4th lines seem interchangable in his scheme of things. There's no cohesion, no team gelling, no chemistry. Our PP looks like dog crap (ok Muller can take most of the blame for that). He's created a system where everyone is so undermined that they play down to the lowest mean. We have no scoring threat when we desperately need it (which with all the PPs we get we shouldn't even need on a night like tonight). He's contributed to a floundering, confidenceless #1 goaltender until he finally voices belief in him ironically with us on the brink of playoff elimination (and low and behold Markstrom responds). What a gong-show.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Besides Toffoli this team just can't score on a consistent basis. Our offense is offensive, but not in the proper way

Reactions: Tofveve

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The death of the flames for all eternity will be goaltender on his game

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Missing the playoffs to get Dutter fired would be worth it on it's own, regardless of what happens with the draft.

No way it's still that high. Not with a coach that's going to have missed the playoffs in 4 of his last 6 seasons. Hilarious that the Flames gave someone like that a 2 year extension without seeing how he'd gel with the new roster.

Last edited:

Puk44

May 7, 2022
Fuc...ridiculous team!
Just lose 3 or 4 games in a row so we get the season done once and for all.
1 win in the last 8 games on the Dome!...

And Sutter? Man, no words for his options...
I'm completely frustrated!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad