GDT: FLAMES (29-23-13) vs. DUCKS (21-35-9) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We should have beat out Dallas easier in round 1 last year. Instead (due to Sutter coaching) you had Tkachuk running around trying to check anything that moved, totally pulled out of his game and rendered ineffective offensively. Every single one of our players was trying to out-hit a bigger squad when we could have easily just outskilled them (yes worked hard too). So we had the high shot-count plastered boards play and barely beat the Stars. Come round 2 we looked like a completely spent club against Edmonton after game one. Toffoli could hardly stand up let alone control the puck and give or accept a pass. Everyone looked bagged including our smallish middle six.

I like Coleman and his effort level every game. But, he like Dube, doesn't have the softest hands isn't the fleetest of foot, always has to be going balls out 110% to be effective. Coleman achieves that most nights, Dube not as much. Mangi is smaller yet (I doubt 5'10") and was streaky last year while amassing a career year with the first line getting the majority of checking attention; is predictably showing what he's closer to as a player this year. I'd say all 3 are 3rd line players who can slide up, and play special teams if need be. So I'd keep Dube of the 3 because he can slot in as reliable 3rd liner and doesn't have the 2nd line contract (yet). I'd be playing Ruz on the 2nd/1st line (first line PP), Duehr on the 3rd/4th. Keep Pelletier up too 2nd/3rd line.

Whatever. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
You literally said this in post #141

"If Ruzicka is some great player why has no team come to get him when he clearly is out of favor in Calgary? How come all these studs that we have never are taken by other teams? Never go on to great success elsewhere, never do anything?"

what "all these studs" were you talking about? Vali was hyped, Rittich had us (all?) excited for a while, Fanbase was always 50/50 on Benny.

In the past names that I have heard Flames fans complaining were held down and not given enough chance- jankowski, Gilmour, Sieloff, Gillies, Poirier, Byron, Agostino, Horak, Granlund and now Phillips, Ruzicka, Wolf, Zary the lastest group of players held down by the evil Flames despite how great they are.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Laughing my ass off at this shit take on Ruzicka, who signed on a 2 year league minimum deal last summer and is at a 0.5 ppg in bottom 6 minutes. Imagine shitting on a player like this.

If he's a plug, then I'd rather have this plug playing every game rather than two of the league's biggest plugs Lucic and Lewis, who contribute to absolutely nothing for the good of this team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Sutter hockey requires tight checking, grinding close games. That system needs a good goalie like Quick and Kipper along with clutch scoring when they need it like Johnny and Kopitar. Current squad has neither. Huberdeau is a fraud and Markstrom is anti clutch.

As for young players, Pelletier and Ruzicka are not a good fit for his grinding game. Pelletier finally got the job because he needs someone to play with his 17M players. Lucic was a big joke on that line. Ruzicka got f***ed but partially his fault for not showing up some games after a hot start. He is a poor man Monahan. One giant softie that does nothing to carry a line.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Laughing my ass off at this shit take on Ruzicka, who signed on a 2 year league minimum deal last summer and is at a 0.5 ppg in bottom 6 minutes. Imagine shitting on a player like this.

If he's a plug, then I'd rather have this plug playing every game rather than two of the league's biggest plugs Lucic and Lewis, who contribute to absolutely nothing for the good of this team.

I would rather have Ruzicka playing over Lucic as well.

Also nobody is shitting on anyone just making an honest assessment of a meh player but sure keep overrating crap, it has done so well for the Flames in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad