GDT: FLAMES (27-20-12) @ AVALANCHE (32-19-5) | 8:00 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If that is the standard then that is the type of goal elite goalies routinely give up.

Dube was weak on the boards getting a poor pass from Gilbert, forwards slow to react to the loose puck, Zadorov way out position so MacKinnon could easily walk past him. It was a shut play by everyone in the ice.
Defending Markstrom? Lol

It’s not that it’s all his fault. He just doesn’t make enough saves

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
2/2!!! The Marky experience is in full effect baby.
How are these game starts even possible sire? Yall team dont even allow shots.... and also yall do shot a lot. Still all shots go in for your goalies. I have never seen this type of dirt in 25 years of following the game. I am over 40 miself.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I realize that Markstrom has lost any goodwill or benefit of the doubt and 2 goals on shots is pathetic, but I am not sure the score is any different if Vladar or Wolf are in net.

Defending Markstrom? Lol

It’s not that it’s all his fault. He just doesn’t make enough saves

Not really defending him just saying there are more to blame than just him.

But I will always say at some point NHL goalies need to make tough saves.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
If the Flames haven't considered trading Markstrom as of yet, good chance he goes to them wanting a change of scenery

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I realize that Markstrom has lost any goodwill or benefit of the doubt and 2 goals on shots is pathetic, but I am not sure the score is any different if Vladar or Wolf are in net.

Yeah it’s more than him

But when you pay the guy star money, and he is below average, actually near the bottom.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I won't blame Markstrom on 2nd goal. First goal though, Georgiev in net, that isn't a goal. Likewise Markstrom in goal during those two good chances the Kadri line had? It's 1-0 us.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
For those who want Markstrom traded, consider the fact that nobody would want him.
We certainly don't want him. 3 more years at $6 million. We'd have to eat 90% of the contract and give up a couple of 1sts to move him.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Yeah it’s more than him

But when you pay the guy star money, and he is below average, actually near the bottom.

100% him (and Vladar) are a problem and nowhere near good enough this season.

Reactions: DFF

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
For those who want Markstrom traded, consider the fact that nobody would want him.
We certainly don't want him. 3 more years at $6 million. We'd have to eat 90% of the contract and give up a couple of 1sts to move

Yeah they have to pay someone to take him

Reactions: Boomstick

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I won't blame Markstrom on 2nd goal. First goal though, Georgiev in net, that isn't a goal. Likewise Markstrom in goal during those two good chances the Kadri line had? It's 1-0 us.

I don’t think so on the first goal. Letting MacKinnon come in with that amount of time and space is hiking to result in a goal more often than not.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The game is over now

Markstrom can relax and make the good saves

Until they tie it up

That’s how it works this year

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hey we have a 5 on 3. Zounds.

Welp that penalty was coming