GDT: FLAMES (19-14-8) @ BLUES (20-18-3) | 6 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Ya know what, even though vladar has been the better goalie this year, I think starting markstrom was the right choice.

He is the guy after all. I mean sure he might be terrible, but he’s the guy, and that’s all that matters in the end. Ya he might let in awful untimely goals and there is not a chance we survive a 7 game series with him, but damn it he’s “the guy”.

This team is a f***ing joke. Sutter might as well say “seniority over the highway”. f***ing pathetic.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Big checks no positive contributions: Huberdeau and Markstrom.

Markstrom can make big saves sometimes but only a moron can trust him. Apparently our HC is becoming one now

Would be great if the Lindholm line showed up and did something
Lindholm needs someone to carry him

It’s too much to ask him to carry a line more than a few games

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I disliked the Marky signing, but he proved me wrong last year up until the Oilers series. He's been average to putrid since. He did have a string of games where he averaged a .908 before Chicago, but that needs to be the norm not the exception. And it's not just about save pct of course, but when we constantly take 45+ shots and allow 22-25 and lose it's become a primary focus. If Vladar was in today 2 deflected goals or not we win the game. There were no saves Marky made that I think Vlad wouldn't have, but I believe Vlad would have made 1-2 more saves that he shouldn't have been able to that keeps that a win. Worthless speculation I know.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I honestly don't know what to do with this bunch. It's just frustrating. Don't understand how nobody has any chemistry with anyone. Goalie can't make a save, coach can't figure out lines, players just skate around and take meaningless shots. There's nothing that says urgency, it's just the same game night after night. I just don't know anymore. I hope they're as frustrated as we are because this is just ridiculous. Every game is a deja vu.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Big checks no positive contributions: Huberdeau and Markstrom.

Markstrom can make big saves sometimes but only a moron can trust him. Apparently our HC is becoming one now

Lindholm needs someone to carry him

It’s too much to ask him to carry a line more than a few games
It'd be sad to see the best line in hockey from last yr go 0/3 this as far as making the playoffs. Florida needs a gargantuan second half to have an outside shot and we're battling teams like Colorado, StL & Nashville for a wild card. LA and Sea have separated themselves from the WC pack for now.

And Johnny goes to bed every night praying for Bedard.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I know it's kind of heresy to say around here but I think the Flames should explore trading Elias in the summer depending how the season goes. I like the player a lot, but I do not want to pay him 50+ million to just exist.
I think he walks in free agency to a contender. Definitely put him out there and see what we can get back.

This team has to win 10 in a row or lose 10 in a row. One or the other. Keep shitting the bed, or start kicking some ass.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad