GDT: Flambes vs the, uh, Reds! Its uh, in Calgary, at 7 on today.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeeeaaah, still stupid. I mean, they aren’t no Edmonton.

Huh? I don't get it. Pulling the goalie increases the chance of a goal being scored. 3 goals in 5 minutes is unlikely, so you want to do whatever you can to better those odds. Add in the fact that the Flames have been lethal with the goalie pulled this year.

Unless you're saying that the Flames should be protecting their goal difference?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Huh? I don't get it. Pulling the goalie increases the chance of a goal being scored. 3 goals in 5 minutes is unlikely, so you want to do whatever you can to better those odds. Add in the fact that the Flames have been lethal with the goalie pulled this year.

Unless you're saying that the Flames should be protecting their goal difference?

Yeah don't we have something ridiculous like 8 or 9 goals this year with the goalie pulled?

Also damn off the post.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Turned it off at 4-0.

Colborne was actually throwing hits. He and Raymond were amongst our better forwards, not that it meant a whole lot tonight. Watching Joe try to outskate someone on the breakaway was mildly painful though.

Also, Johnny... sometimes just shoot the puck.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is what the playoffs will be

Hope so. Honestly, I don't think it's that unrealistic to suggest that the Flames have outchanced the Blues tonight. Only one of their goals came from a true grade-A chance, which was from a turnover. The other two were a random snipe and a scramble faceoff.

If we could have scored with the same efficiency, then this is a completely different outcome.

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
0ESDqKl.gif

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
One game that we could probably throw int he garbage before the game started. Bad matchup for the Flames. Absolutely must take advantage of the non-playoff teams up next.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I hope Hartley gives them the right message after the game. They played well and were right there in the game with the Blues. The score made it seem like a beat-down, but it really wasn't even close to that. Blues just capitalized on their few chances and we couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad