Confirmed Trade: [FLA/SJS]Mike Hoffman. 7th ('18) for 2nd ('19), 4th ('18) & 5th ('18)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No, the facts are that Miami has a high cost of living for a reason. People want to live here. The things I listed are a major reason why. Those aren’t opinions. It’s fact.
Toronto also has an absurdly high cost of living. That's a fact. People want to live there.

Oh wait... It doesn't fit your "warm all the time" framework.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
No, the facts are that Miami has a high cost of living for a reason. People want to live here. The things I listed are a major reason why. Those aren’t opinions. It’s fact.

Does cost of living really prove which is the best places to live?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Of course, everyone has their preferences. Personally, I greatly, greatly prefer a cold climate over a hot one and summer's my least favorite season by a huge margin. But I do assume that the majority would prefer tropical climates(Something I definitely am not going to understand).

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Wait, not everyone wants the same thing? Who knew?
I know right? It all started from me suggesting that "better weather" isn't a defined fact, nor is Florida necessarily better than any other place that an NHL team plays. Someone took offence to that. I can respect anyone for their choice of climate, city, cost of living, etc. choice. Not everyone values all things the same.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Toronto also has an absurdly high cost of living. That's a fact. People want to live there.

Oh wait... It doesn't fit your "warm all the time" framework.
I stated the reasons why Miami has a high cost of living. Toronto has a high cost of living for other reasons.
Does cost of living really prove which is the best places to live?
Not at all. And everyone has things that appeal to them. It still doesn’t change on average that warm climates like Miami are more desirable places to live then places like Ottawa.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I stated the reasons why Miami has a high cost of living. Toronto has a high cost of living for other reasons.

Not at all. And everyone has things that appeal to them. It still doesn’t change on average that warm climates like Miami are more desirable places to live then places like Ottawa.
So... You're standing by your assertion that "better weather" is an objective, not subjective statement?

:)

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
So... You're standing by your assertion that "better weather" is an objective, not subjective statement?

:)
I stated generally more desirable. This is a proven thing. I’m happy for you that you feel differently and enjoy where you live.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I know right? It all started from me suggesting that "better weather" isn't a defined fact, nor is Florida necessarily better than any other place that an NHL team plays. Someone took offence to that. I can respect anyone for their choice of climate, city, cost of living, etc. choice. Not everyone values all things the same.
No, you asked what's so great about living in the South or having little attention and someone found it funny. Then arguing ensued. Not sure why you feel like you need to walk that back.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No, you asked what's so great about living in the South or having little attention and someone found it funny. Then arguing ensued. Not sure why you feel like you need to walk that back.
Not walking back on anything. I stand by everything I've said this thread. They can find it funny all they like. I've consistently said I won't judge anyone by their choice. I don't think it's fair to suggest any place is superior based on the weather.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Not walking back on anything. I stand by everything I've said this thread. They can find it funny all they like. I've consistently said I won't judge anyone by their choice. I don't think it's fair to suggest any place is superior based on the weather.
Sorry that you want to ignore basic fact that people are constantly moving from cold weather climates to warm weather climates and rarely the other way around. I understand YOUR preference. It doesn’t change what the majority of people prefer.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Sorry that you want to ignore basic fact that people are constantly moving from cold weather climates to warm weather climates and rarely the other way around. I understand YOUR preference. It doesn’t change what the majority of people prefer.

What about Drouin and Domi? they signed an extension with the habs

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So after Sharks did not manage to sign Tavares ,is this really such a great trade for Sharks? Imo both sharks and ottawa are losers in this trade and Florida is the clear winner. They gave a bunch of ****ty picks for Hoffman.
It's still great for them. They cleared up cap space for future moves or immediate ones.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Can’t believe stuff like this is being discussed after an NHL player just recently commented about something like this.

Clearly players do take the weather into account with where they want to play.

Reactions: olli and Laus723

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I feel like Hoffman is going to have a really good year on that second line. Could see him getting 65-70 points with Huberdeau and Trocheck

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Can’t believe stuff like this is being discussed after an NHL player just recently commented about something like this.

Clearly players do take the weather into account with where they want to play.

I know I would if I was a millionaire NHLer.

If I could migrate to the US and live in either North Carolina, Florida, Texas, Arizona or California I would be gone out of Canada in a second. Sure, I'd likely maintain a residence here, but you'd better believe I would take climate into consideration. Especially as I got older and was coming to the end of my career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad