Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Panthers sign Spencer Knight to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Presumably this doesn't affect Florida wanting to keep Driedger for the playoffs, right?
I’m actually not sure: I think it doesn’t change what it costs but our willingness to do it. The problem is that most teams don’t want to pay the cost I think

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Not disputing at all. That was an amazing performance but he also allowed 4 on 12 to the Russians which was the last time I personally saw him.

So you watched 1 game (and the least important at that) and have formulated your entire opinion on that

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
How will the AHL season even play out in terms of playoffs and ending? Assuming he could just go to Syracuse
There is no official AHL playoffs this year. Each division will have a mini playoff within the division but there will be no inter divisional playoffs and no calder cup.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Surprised he signed. Bob is locked in long term at big money. Not looking like a financially promising future. Bob makes 10, how much more can a team really pay for goaltending

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Surprised he signed. Bob is locked in long term at big money. Not looking like a financially promising future. Bob makes 10, how much more can a team really pay for goaltending
Um we buy Bob out after year 5 when Spencer is due for an extension? Really not ground breaking at all. Spencer signed because Bob does absolutely 0 to block his path.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Um we buy Bob out after year 5 when Spencer is due for an extension? Really not ground breaking at all. Spencer signed because Bob does absolutely 0 to block his path.

Theyll pay ~6.666per year to have him not play? That’s a ~3.333 savings in a likely still flat cap..... your prediction is 3 years away and flat cap is expected for “next few years for sure”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad