Confirmed Buy-Out [FLA] Panthers buyout Keith Yandle

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Kraken maybe should seriously consider picking him up. An expansion team needs a puck-moving defensemen to generate some offense and excitement, when winning isn't necessarily the #1 priority.

Yandle could fit that Norm MacIver / Doug Wilson type of role.
I hope they stay away plus bet he goes to Boston for around a million. He's staying east coast I can almost guarantee it.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Makes sense for both sides. Q wasn't playing him and he wanted to play. As someone else mentioned, he'd be better off signing a one-year deal for a smaller role with a contender (i.e., Shattenkirk on Tampa).

Anyone about to post those JFresh fancy stat things, keep in mind that he started in the o-zone 73% OF THE TIME. That's insane.

JFresh would have mentioned this in the tweet for the fancy stat thing. He takes things such as usage - which had to be adjusted for Yandle - into consideration when evaluating players.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
UH go look at MIN's dead cap for next 5 years.
This was all about protecting Forsling
Not the worst buyout, but he was frontloaded around $2.3 mill plus has $3 mill in SB still on the books. That $5.3 mill means that they have to eat around $1.8 mill more in dead cap in total over the next 2 years vs spreading that over 4 years.

Reactions: I am not exposed

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not the worst buyout, but he was frontloaded around $2.3 mill plus has $3 mill in SB still on the books. That $5.3 mill means that they have to eat around $1.8 mill more in dead cap in total over the next 2 years vs spreading that over 4 years.

For sure, would have preferred Zito retained and traded him but maybe Yandle prefers to hear his offers as a UFA.
Sucks for next year but we have some cheap deals still on the books with Huberdeau, Weegar, Forsling, Duclair and the ELC guys who off-set Bob's deal and this dead cap.

Barkov's new deal kicks in but we should be fine as we lose some dead cap from Luongo as well.

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
Anyone about to post those JFresh fancy stat things, keep in mind that he started in the o-zone 73% OF THE TIME. That's insane.
That 73% is his o-zone/d-zone ratio. While it's true that Yandle had the 2nd most o-zone starts, and the least d-zone starts, that 73% number completely ignores that over 75% of his shifts started either on the fly or with neutral zone faceoff.

Reactions: JBeast and mattihp

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The yandle buyout allows for a 7-3-1 leaving stralman exposed. Huge if the kraken take that 5.5m off the Panthers hands.

Reactions: aemoreira1981

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The yandle buyout allows for a 7-3-1 leaving stralman exposed. Huge if the kraken take that 5.5m off the Panthers hands.

Nutivaara and Gudas as well on D, think it will be Nutivaara, only has 1 yr left, still relatively young/cheap, so if SEA isn't in playoff race, they recoup assets at deadline or if they're in the playoff race, maybe re-sign him if he has a good year.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Best ability is availability.
His best ability in the playoffs was to sit in the press box because his iron man streak was no longer threatened so he could be healthy scratched like he deserved.

Keith was a fine player in his prime but he’s long past that which makes this a great move for the Panthers.

Reactions: McD37 and Laus723

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
600 points in 1032 NHL games as a D is not great?
No. Not when your defense is consistently terrible. He was a decent player for one or two years. Mediocre for the rest of those 1032 games. He had one year in the top 10 of Norris voting. One. There is nothing great about his career.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
I am curious to see where he ends up. I have been told several times from people who know him well that he has no desire to play for the Boston Bruins organization. I would be shocked to see him do it but the world is bat shit crazy nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad