Confirmed Trade: [FLA/BUF] Kyle Okposo for Calle Sjalin and 2024 cond., 7th round pick

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He's potentially only there for a few months, so that doesn't make sense. This is purely a guy looking for a shot at a cup late in his career. If players didn't care about the team, they wouldn't have made the cup final last year and wouldn't be 1st overall in the league right now.

Plus the Panthers have a few former teammates of his down there already (Reinhart and Montour), which may even be a bigger factor in him feeling comfortable going there. I know Okposo doesn’t have an NMC or anything, but I’d be stunned if the Sabres weren’t looping him in on his options for the rest of this season and honoring his wishes.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Well...he offered 12 goals so far this year for the Sabres, which is not bad.
He hasn't been getting those goals on the 4th line. He has been playing pretty high in the lineup and on the PP on a regular occasion for some reason.

Reactions: DJN21

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Plus the Panthers have a few former teammates of his down there already (Reinhart and Montour), which may even be a bigger factor in him feeling comfortable going there. I know Okposo doesn’t have an NMC or anything, but I’d be stunned if the Sabres weren’t looping him in on his options for the rest of this season and honoring his wishes.

It was already mentioned by the press that Okposo's top of list was Florida. So they did him the favor of sending him there.

Also, he's still tight with Craig Anderson and Andy still lives in Sunrise.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He's potentially only there for a few months, so that doesn't make sense. This is purely a guy looking for a shot at a cup late in his career. If players didn't care about the team, they wouldn't have made the cup final last year and wouldn't be 1st overall in the league right now.
Yes. If he is done then he probably wants to win a Cup. There was no reason to believe the Panthers were any good before Tkachuk got there though.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Florida’s additions of Tarasenko and Okposo remind me a lot of the 2013 Penguins adding Iginla and Morrow.

You have a team that plays a certain style and pace, and you’re adding two guys that play a much different, much slower game.

Not saying it cant work or they wont fit, just feels like a bit of deja vu. Hopefully Maurice knows how to integrate without allowing the domino effect to slow the whole team down like it did the Pens that post-season.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Meh, probably more leadership than playing ability gained here for Florida, which isn't bad.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Florida’s additions of Tarasenko and Okposo remind me a lot of the 2013 Penguins adding Iginla and Morrow.

You have a team that plays a certain style and pace, and you’re adding two guys that play a much different, much slower game.

Not saying it cant work or they wont fit, just feels like a bit of deja vu. Hopefully Maurice knows how to integrate without allowing the domino effect to slow the whole team down like it did the Pens that post-season.
Not the same but I see the similarities.
Iggy was a big add and should’ve been played rw to Crosby but the coach botched it

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Also seems like this is one of those unceremonious "we have our captain for the future, but we need to politely remove our current one" a la Chris Clark on the Caps years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00