Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Brandon Montour re-signs with the Panthers (3 years, $3.5M AAV)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

They are nearly identical players analytically. Montour is actually arguably worse.
You pop into a lot of Florida threads to say some slick stuff about our team. It's a little weird. That being said Montour's one season so far with us never gave me an indication he sucked as much as Matheson did with us.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You pop into a lot of Florida threads to say some slick stuff about our team. It's a little weird. That being said Montour's one season so far with us never gave me an indication he sucked as much as Matheson did with us.

Maybe that has to do with a perceived bias on Matheson. They are basically the same player.

Granted Montour probably signs for 2 mil x 3 or something really stomach-able compared to the shit turd that is Matheson’s contract.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Is Florida also keeping Gudas and Nutivaara? There is a premium on RD right now so I know a lot of clubs would be interested if one of them became available.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Maybe that has to do with a perceived bias on Matheson. They are basically the same player.

Granted Montour probably signs for 2 mil x 3 or something really stomach-able compared to the shit turd that is Matheson’s contract.
He doesn't make the same stupid errors every single game nor has the 8 year contract/price.

Reactions: zeroG and Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

No. They’re not remotely the same, Montour is stronger defensively. I watched Matheson for years and watched Montour in his few games here. Give me Montour all year long, would rather have gone a different direction, but it is what it is.
The contract alone makes him even worse.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No. They’re not remotely the same, Montour is stronger defensively. I watched Matheson for years and watched Montour in his few games here. Give me Montour all year long, would rather have gone a different direction, but it is what it is.
The contract alone makes him even worse.

Montour has been worse defensively over the past three years, but you do you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad