Rumor: [FLA] Barkov extension coming this month or September, Reinhart contract to be announced shortly

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I suspect he wants to win the cup and doesnt want Florida to be in the sameposition as Leafs, with too many overpaid players. Either you max out your earnings or stay competative.

or he knows that there are no fans and he doesn’t want the cheques to bounce

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If Barkov takes 10m x 8y, that's a huge win. I was preparing for north of $11m.
Love him that much more if he goes that route.
Reinhart should be like $6m x 6y.

I understand defensemen have signed massive contracts recently but are you truly going to tell yourself he took a "discount" if Barkov signs for eight years at $10 million? He is certainly worthy of such a contract but that is the type of money the elite players are earning these days.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
I understand defensemen have signed massive contracts recently but are you truly going to tell yourself he took a "discount" if Barkov signs for eight years at $10 million? He is certainly worthy of such a contract but that is the type of money the elite players are earning these days.
seems as though the consensus is he is worth 13m/7 as a UFA because some idiot GM is willing to do it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

He’s an easy easy 12-13M player on the market so absolutely yes

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Since when is Barkov not elite?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Add the 5.5+6.5 and that's what MacKinnon will be making each year
Odds are Barkov next deal will be anywhere from 10-12 mill per. And he’s worth it. FLA might get him a little less with the tax laws, but I can’t see him making less then Panarin. He’s is gonna get payyyyed

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Wow 8 years @ 10 million for Barkov…... Good for him. How does Florida Panthers afford that?

Last time I was in Florida I bought 8 lower bowl seats for $ 10 each.
How long ago was that? And was it for a game vs Ottawa on a Tuesday when the Panthers were already eliminated from playoff race (that is, sometime after Thanksgiving)? Right about now you can get tix pretty damn cheap in hockey-mad Buffalo...some Sabres fans wouldn’t even go for free if you gave the tix to them.
Long periods of futility seem to have that effect on tix sales/attendance.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
How long ago was that? And was it for a game vs Ottawa on a Tuesday when the Panthers were already eliminated from playoff race (that is, sometime after Thanksgiving)? Right about now you can get tix pretty damn cheap in hockey-mad Buffalo...some Sabres fans wouldn’t even go for free if you gave the tix to them.
Long periods of futility seem to have that effect on tix sales/attendance.
I suspect border closures and covid restrictions affect Buffalo a tad more than Sunrise...

Reactions: Burkeocet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad