OT: FLA All-Time Number Team: #11 (VOTING HAS BEEN RE-OPENED, CLOSES ON 1/27, VOTE NOW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
What did Billy do ?

Okay, okay, the goal... An exciting one, and pretty important too !

But on a team of great grinders, I always had the feeling that Billy was just the guy on the ice at the right time ! If Mathieu Biron or whoever was there and scored that goal, would you still include him on the All-Time Panthers Numbers Team ?

Huberdeau got us our first individual trophy since Pavel Bure won the Rocket...

Fans seem to forget that The Goal was scored because of The Team, and not because of the great Bill Lindsay IMO

Nothing against Billy, I just think this poll is a proof that we can't appreciate Huberdeau for what he is, just like Gallant or Kulikov... Because Hubderdeau should finish ahead in this poll IMO

Once again, I like Billy, I like Billy a lot... I just never got this admiration he got from fans because of being in the right place at the right moment.

Dave Bolland once scored The Goal... I know, it wasn't for our team, but shouldn't he be treated a bit better because of it ? :sarcasm:

I actually voted for Billy because of his commentary.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I actually voted for Billy because of him commentary.

I voted for him because he played his game the best.

He was one of the best grinders in the league who did a real good job contributing offensively. Almost every game he showed up, whether it was physically, on the PK, or offensively or defensively.

I feel like that's why Worrell won for #8; he was one of the best fighters of his time. Most intimidating at least. Did his job the best.

Hubie is paid to be an offensive threat, and for two year he didn't show up for many games. And when he doesn't show up offensively, he isn't really contributing much.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Just cause we voted for one person, Doesnt mean the rest suck or we don't appreciate the others

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just cause we voted for one person, Doesnt mean the rest suck or we don't appreciate the others

I gave some strong consideration to vote for Samuelsson. In '12 he was one of the better 2nd liners in the league. Strong playoffs too.

If he was here more than one year in his second stint he would of got more thought.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Lindsay all the way. Of course the goal helps. But the guy wore his heart on his sleeve.

Huby has a long way to go to prove himself as the best to wear #11

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I hope somehow Billy catches wind of these polls. Lots of nice things being said about him.
I believe when he was with the TV crew he would get a little too pumped up and enthusiastic, which might of resulted in some awkward things being said. Might've been nerves too, I don't know him personally so I can't really say.

He is excellent on the radio. If you ever get a chance, tune into WQAM and listen to a game. He really knows his stuff and is the right amount of positive.

Just a really nice guy. :nod: :handclap:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I hope somehow Billy catches wind of these polls. Lots of nice things being said about him.
I believe when he was with the TV crew he would get a little too pumped up and enthusiastic, which might of resulted in some awkward things being said. Might've been nerves too, I don't know him personally so I can't really say.

He is excellent on the radio. If you ever get a chance, tune into WQAM and listen to a game. He really knows his stuff and is the right amount of positive.

Just a really nice guy. :nod: :handclap:

True, this was a tough vote too.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Just want to clear things up...

I like Bill Lindsay and I have much respect for him, I should have had a little more respect for him maybe in my quest of respect for Huby !

Didn't want to minimize his work-ethic and his history with the club.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Just want to clear things up...

I like Bill Lindsay and I have much respect for him, I should have had a little more respect for him maybe in my quest of respect for Huby !

Didn't want to minimize his work-ethic and his history with the club.

Nothing to minimize anyone, the fact that Huby isn't running away with this speaks volumes about Billy's importance to us.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
After people have failed to vote within the 24 hours originally set for these threads, the time has now been extended and future numbers will have a longer vote time as well.

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad