OT: FLA All-Time Number Team: #11 (VOTING HAS BEEN RE-OPENED, CLOSES ON 1/27, VOTE NOW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| ?
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
You, judging by your vote.

Greg was awesome here. Huberdeau as Calder and top liner hold the future in his hands, but for now (and all the time he played here), Campbell gets my serious vote.

I just dont like that he played and won with the Bruins. Yea it wasnt his choixe, but i hate the Broons

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I just dont like that he played and won with the Bruins. Yea it wasnt his choixe, but i hate the Broons

It was HIS choice IF he asked out when Tallon had his open door initial individual player meetings 1 on 1. That's when Horton notified Tallon that he wanted out (the same time/deal Campbell was moved as well).

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I think Huberdeau is a really good player and has great potential to break out more than what he has.

That said, it's still early in his career. Campbell was a nice asset but Lindsay was a bit more key, and of course scored the most memorable goal ("The Goal") in our history outside of Mellanby's first rat trick. I have to give the edge to him. In a few years, it'll be Huberdeau hands down.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Huby may get there before its said and done. But right now it's Billy.

LindsayGoal-011411.jpg

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Man... I'm starting to hope that Huberdeau gets traded so another fan-base can enjoy Jonathan for his true-value...

We don't deserve this kid !

:shakehead

He has the second most votes!

One will assume at the end of his Panthers career, Huberdeau will easily surpass Lindsay. But at the moment its close. And considering what Billy did, you can't begrudge people for voting for him. Huberdeau has more 'talent' but as of now, voting for Billy does make a lot of sense.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
He has the second most votes!

One will assume at the end of his Panthers career, Huberdeau will easily surpass Lindsay. But at the moment its close. And considering what Billy did, you can't begrudge people for voting for him. Huberdeau has more 'talent' but as of now, voting for Billy does make a lot of sense.

What did Billy do ?

Okay, okay, the goal... An exciting one, and pretty important too !

But on a team of great grinders, I always had the feeling that Billy was just the guy on the ice at the right time ! If Mathieu Biron or whoever was there and scored that goal, would you still include him on the All-Time Panthers Numbers Team ?

Huberdeau got us our first individual trophy since Pavel Bure won the Rocket...

Fans seem to forget that The Goal was scored because of The Team, and not because of the great Bill Lindsay IMO

Nothing against Billy, I just think this poll is a proof that we can't appreciate Huberdeau for what he is, just like Gallant or Kulikov... Because Hubderdeau should finish ahead in this poll IMO

Once again, I like Billy, I like Billy a lot... I just never got this admiration he got from fans because of being in the right place at the right moment.

Dave Bolland once scored The Goal... I know, it wasn't for our team, but shouldn't he be treated a bit better because of it ? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
What did Billy do ?

Okay, okay, the goal... An exciting one, and pretty important too !

But on a team of great grinders, I always had the feeling that Billy was just the guy on the ice at the right time ! If Mathieu Biron or whoever was there and scored that goal, would you still include him on the All-Time Panthers Numbers Team ?

Huberdeau got us our first individual trophy since Pavel Bure won the Rocket...

Fans seem to forget that The Goal was scored because of The Team, and not because of the great Bill Lindsay IMO

Nothing against Billy, I just think this poll is a proof that we can't appreciate Huberdeau for what he is, just like Gallant or Kulikov...

While his trophy was far more "valuable", that's not true. Brian Campbell won the Lady Byng trophy in 2012.

I think most of us appreciate Huberdeau, I know I sure as hell do. But I also appreciate Lindsay. We're going to let this one go down the wire as it's real close. Poll closes around 10pm EST. I'm also waiting to hear who Dr Beinfest meant to vote for.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
While his trophy was far more "valuable", that's not true. Brian Campbell won the Lady Byng trophy in 2012.

I think most of us appreciate Huberdeau, I know I sure as hell do. But I also appreciate Lindsay. We're going to let this one go down the wire as it's real close. Poll closes around 10pm EST. I'm also waiting to hear who Dr Beinfest meant to vote for.

My bad ! I knew I missed one... But I don't consider the Lady Bing like a trophy, but still, you're right, I'm wrong. :)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Campbell had a couple decent seasons here, max effort every shift and one heck of a PK'er.
'09 - 77 GP, 13 G, 19 A, 32 P9first TS, 76 PIMS, +/-0

Samuelsson's 2nd stint here (1st was in '04, 9 PTS in 37 GP) in '12 was really good, and you could almost warrant a vote in itself:
'12 - 48 GP, 13 G, 15 A, 28PTS, 14 PIMs, +2
Playoffs - 7 GP 5 A, 2 PIMS

Hubie has been really up and down in his current four-year career in FLA. Solid '13 Calder trophy season, as well as his current '16 season.
'14 & '15 were very below average.
Like I said, he is having a solid '16 season, and things are really starting to look up again for him.

Billy Lindsay was another heart and soul player from the '90's. His first season in FLA was '94, and he was still trying to find his place in the league.
After that, from '95 to '99 he had some solid seasons, offensively and defensively.
Not to mention, he's currently our solid colour guy on the radio. :handclap:

And of course, he scored the goal:

:bow: :yo: :hockey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad