Fix The Ducks Overtime Woes Thread!!

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If he shoots in the exact same spot everytime, the goalie can simply cheat - assuming he gets info on it, which he probably does.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
If he shoots in the exact same spot everytime, the goalie can simply cheat - assuming he gets info on it, which he probably does.

Silf doesn't shoot in the same exact spot every time, he has 3 main spots he goes. Goalies can't predict which one he'll go, and like Sojourn explained, Silf has a quick shot so the goalie has to rely on reflexes to stop it. If it were as easy as you mentioned, Silf wouldn't have great success in the shootout.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Silf doesn't shoot in the same exact spot every time, he has 3 main spots he goes. Goalies can't predict which one he'll go, and like Sojourn explained, Silf has a quick shot so the goalie has to rely on reflexes to stop it. If it were as easy as you mentioned, Silf wouldn't have great success in the shootout.

He always shoots to the left of the goalie (his perspective), right?

I can't remember him ever not going glove-side anyway.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Glove side isn't really a "spot." More of an area. It's the entire section of the net above the goaltender's leg pad, and under the bar, on the glove side. A goaltender can't simply cheat to cover that entire side on the shootout. Not without opening up a massive hole on the blocker side. What you're suggesting isn't really feasible.

A goalie can anticipate the shot to that side, but that's it. There is too much net to cover, and the release that Silfverberg has allows him to beat the goaltender cleanly, and consistently. We've seen it enough times to see that if Silfverberg hits the spot he wants, it's going in.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
I'd play Getz and Perry much less in the 3 on 3. They get burnt too often and Getzlaf loves throwing the ol' herp derp no look pass to the wrong team. I think as long as the team is structured the way it is it won't be very good in overtime.

Not really the end of the world though, I'd rather have the big boys out there during the first 60 then try and tweak the roster for the occasional last 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad