OT: First Snowstorm of the Winter!

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Lol. Towing drove by a few times on my street today since they were supposed to clean the one side today. Nope. Snow is still there. Ffs.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Lol. Towing drove by a few times on my street today since they were supposed to clean the one side today. Nope. Snow is still there. Ffs.

Same here. Streets are so narrow because of the snow and people being parked on both sides.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Same here. Streets are so narrow because of the snow and people being parked on both sides.

People don't know they can still get a ticket for parking more than 30 cm from the curb even if there's a lot of snow. It's true, I've been to the municipal court for this.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I love all this snow. I built a snowman with my daughter and it was cool as hell.

Well i've always said that snow is good for two kinds of people. Kids and for people who like to ski. Im neither of those. Bah! Humbug!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
People don't know they can still get a ticket for parking more than 30 cm from the curb even if there's a lot of snow. It's true, I've been to the municipal court for this.

What?? That's insane. Easy way to argue the ticket: The city is responsible for snow removal. If the snow hasn't been removed, the city is responsible for the snow-adjusted curb.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
What?? That's insane. Easy way to argue the ticket: The city is responsible for snow removal. If the snow hasn't been removed, the city is responsible for the snow-adjusted curb.

Nope. The law doesn't provide exceptions, which means that if you can't park 30 cm from the curb you have to go park elsewhere. I lost that case.

In any event, this kind of ticket is probably pretty rare. But if you do get one, and you try to fight it, the only thing the judge cares about is whether or not you were 30 cm from the curb.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Nope. The law doesn't provide exceptions, which means that if you can't park 30 cm from the curb you have to go park elsewhere. I lost that case.

In any event, this kind of ticket is probably pretty rare. But if you do get one, and you try to fight it, the only thing the judge cares about is whether or not you were 30 cm from the curb.

Hmmm... okay, so its strictly about taking up too much road space. Practicality over driver intention. Funny how that law is so rarely implemented, considering how many cars break it on a daily basis. Here in the West Island there are multiple streets with long lines of cars parked alongside snowbanks more than 30cm out because there's nowhere else to park. The city could balance the budget in one morning (which would pay for the extra judges to handle the gazillion traffic-court contestations).

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I don't even care if the snow is cleared or not. Mountains of snow? I'll climb them. Patches of black ice? I'll glide on them like a samurai. I don't give a ****. Bring the snow. Bring more of it.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
I had the brilliant idea of lifting weights for an hour and fifteen minutes before going out to shovel my driveway. I didn't seem bad from inside until I got out and realized that because of the wind, I had close to 2 feet of snow covering most of my driveway. Over an hour later I was done and exhausted... and then the snow plow came....

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Hmmm... okay, so its strictly about taking up too much road space. Practicality over driver intention. Funny how that law is so rarely implemented, considering how many cars break it on a daily basis. Here in the West Island there are multiple streets with long lines of cars parked alongside snowbanks more than 30cm out because there's nowhere else to park. The city could balance the budget in one morning (which would pay for the extra judges to handle the gazillion traffic-court contestations).

Everyone on my street would have been given a parking ticket if the city passed by. I'd say nearly everyone was parked 30cm from the curb on New Years Day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad