Series Discussion: First Round matchup Jets vs Wild

Who will win this series?

• Total voters

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at putting together a sort of fan vs fan perspective writeup for our work in progress articles section:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/articles/

Is anyone here interested in writing a 3 paragraph-ish post for us about what you think of the match up, who will win, players to watch, or whatever is on your mind? It can even be a post you were gonna write anyway.

You get trophy points when you contribute an article if that floats your boat :P

Thanks,

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at putting together a sort of fan vs fan perspective writeup for our work in progress articles section:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/articles/

Is anyone here interested in writing a 3 paragraph-ish post for us about what you think of the match up, who will win, players to watch, or whatever is on your mind? It can even be a post you were gonna write anyway.

You get trophy points when you contribute an article if that floats your boat :P

Thanks,
Can we vote on which poster writes it to be safe :laugh:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I second the nomination of avgard. It's been his life's work leading up this moment.

If we can't find him, we can just go through his post history and mash his posts together in random orders to form an article. It would read just as, if not more, coherently.

Reactions: TheDeuce

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
They were amazing! The Canadian Military vocal group that did the accapella was unreal, and the trio that sang last night was great too.

Stacey Nattrass is like listening to nails on a chalkboard, I always skip the anthems when she's singing. The anthems can be such an awe inspiring moment if done correctly, but she doesn't do that. I was in tears when the military group sang, and I was at United Airlines Arena for a playoff game and listening to the anthems there was otherworldly.
d you remember when, during preseason, one poster got really, really upset when i said she was offkey? lol

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Fleury played because Murray got injured in the game 1 warm up. Other than for an injury situation the backup only plays if a game goes off the rails and the starter is given a little rest. I would expect Helly to start every single game we play in the playoffs.
There’s only 16 games ;)

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I think Connor is going to take his game to the next level in playoffs. Think he'll lead the team in points.

Our very own Jake Guentzel but even better. I see him being big for us. I see the Wild trying to lock it down obviously, play patient and simple, so we have to limit mistakes. And I also see them playing rough and finishing every check, and lots of clutch and grab hockey. Will be a good test to see how we are built for those types of teams, in the playoffs when the rules suddenly change regarding holding and hooking.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Im expecting the Jets will need a full period to get back into battle mode. Jets have been coasting to easy wins the last 5 games, where as the Wild have been in a battle to secure 3rd place.

Hope kulikov returns at some point if the series drags on. The depth after him drops off severely.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Im expecting the Jets will need a full period to get back into battle mode. Jets have been coasting to easy wins the last 5 games, where as the Wild have been in a battle to secure 3rd place.

Hope kulikov returns at some point if the series drags on. The depth after him drops off severely.

How long do you think it will take a Minny to get back to battle mode? Why does it only apply to one team and not the other?

I actually expect our team to be full on battle mode right from the start. The will funnel the crowd energy into beast mode.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
How long do you think it will take a Minny to get back to battle mode? Why does it only apply to one team and not the other?

I actually expect our team to be full on battle mode right from the start. The will funnel the crowd energy into beast mode.

Because the Jets have been coasting for a couple weeks. The Wild havent been right up to their 2nd last game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad