First Home Game, Rick Nash

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
i, for one, am in favor of booing the **** out of everyone that steps on the ice until they drop the puck

**** you for the lockout

love,

the fans

Walking into the renovated garden with the bright lights and smell of hockey, it's hard to remember that bitterness even though I'd love to see that as well.

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
not going to home owner. not going to any home games. tickets are overpriced (yes I'm cheap)

not really all too excited about this though.

don't get me wrong I got nothing against the blueshirts (other than the fact that Niel Smith traded Dan Cloutier. That really pissed me off) Hats off to the organization for providing the likes of Staal, Girardi and McDonagh (the last being my particular favorite)

One thing to keep in mind though. The best team on Paper is not necessarily the best team on the ice.

I got a bundle saying should this experiment go south someone's gonna get canned (just don't know if it's Torts or management)

I thought the bolded would happen with Torts in this time frame when he was first signed. I've drastically changed my mind.

The organization is behind Torts 100%. More importantly, his captain and players are. I don't think he's going anywhere unless there are a few more years with no cup. He's been one of the better coaches we've had recently (last 20 yrs or so).

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
by the way. How many here know that Torts is technically in his second stint behind the bench in New York ?

He served as temporary replacement for John Muckler (sp?) for 3 games or so. (I think it was 99-00.)

Punxrocknyc19*

I thought the bolded would happen with Torts in this time frame when he was first signed. I've drastically changed my mind.

The organization is behind Torts 100%. More importantly, his captain and players are. I don't think he's going anywhere unless there are a few more years with no cup. He's been one of the better coaches we've had recently (last 20 yrs or so).

Sather did pick alot of bad coaches before Torts.

92hatchattack

Dec 23, 2005
Jersey
Oh please, everyone loved Renney post lockout. Everyone loves Torts after a winning year.... No coach is perfect. Renney handles personel very well but didnt have that killer instict. Torts has the killer instict but lacks the ability to make in game adjustments besides picking lines out of a hat. Everyone loves the coach that has us winning.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
other than the "can you hear us" chant...im not a big fan of hearing stupid chants at the garden...its corny. cheer or boo...imho thats enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad