First Home Game, Rick Nash

Hensch

Dec 30, 2010
Nanaimo
Hey guys, found some time to post on here, glad the lockout is over obviously. was wondering how many posters on here actually go to the games or if any of you plan on attending the first Home game @ the garden?

if so, was hoping that the garden faithful has a hilarious welcoming chant for number #61 in broadway blue when he steps on the ice for the first time... kinda owe it to him since the whole "we don't need you" chant before :p (if anyone has a vid link to that I would love it!)

maybe something along the lines of "we were kidding"

anyways looking forward to the start of the season #LGR

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If everyone could get a "we were kidding" chant going, that would be stellar. Get someone to set up outside of MSG by the entrance with a sign or something :laugh: That will welcome him nicely.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I know it's for fun and all, but I'm not really a fan of that chant. No one was kidding.. For what Howson wanted at the time, I didn't want him.

Hensch

Dec 30, 2010
Nanaimo
wish I could be there to help that out... NYC is far away from Kelowna... ill be watching the game at home...

Uncle Sid

Nov 30, 2007
New Jersey
I was just talking to my friend about this before. I took off of work on the 19th just in case and I'm ready to call out if it falls on a day that I work. I'm not a season ticket holder but I am planning on getting my hands on some tickets to the home opener one way or another, and I'm ready to pay out of the ass for them. I haven't missed one in a few years.

My friend and I thought a chant for Nash would be awesome, classy, and would show that we as a fan base get behind our team and stand behind them. I'd definitely be down, "we were kidding" would be great lol

Hensch

Dec 30, 2010
Nanaimo
I know it's for fun and all, but I'm not really a fan of that chant. No one was kidding.. For what Howson wanted at the time, I didn't want him.

I was in that same boat too... still think a chant would be epic regardless, my god ranger fans are hilarious at MSG... I can't wait to finally watch a game there, I was at last years away game when the rangers visited the canucks and Hank stole the show, ill never forget that.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Didn't he score a nasty goal in that game to bring it to overtime?

Maybe we should keep up the "We don't want you" chants if he keeps doing that in response... :laugh:

Also, I really thought that chant was stupid. Almost as bad as We Want Avery.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
That is an epic idea lolz, I would love to hear that chant. I laughed out loud when I read your post and idea. :laugh:

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
As Nash skates onto the ice for the 1st pre game warm up...

For he's a jolly good fell-o, for he's a jolly good fell-o, for he's a jolly good fell-ooOOO! Which nobody can deny !

:party::wave::party:

NYRJules

Dec 2, 2011
NY
Cannot wait to be back in MSG for the home opener, a chant like that would be pretty unreal. Anyone know if any more renovations have been done at the Garden?

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
He gets his chant after he scores. No free chants in New York.

No free chants? Isn't this enough for you?!

RANGERS-articleLarge.jpg

Not a game under his belt and he's already out there showing the kids how it's done. :handclap:

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
i, for one, am in favor of booing the **** out of everyone that steps on the ice until they drop the puck

**** you for the lockout

love,

the fans

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia