#FireTherrien lives! Habs lose AGAIN 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What the **** does grind da puck even mean?

It's like when idiots talk about detox diets that clean out "toxins" from your body. What does that even mean??

You're joking right???

But in case you don't know, it means to chip it in deep and cycle it..no fancy plays, just work on the boards with the puck, get a good cycle in to create an opening for a scoring chance. What's important here though is not for "Waffle" to understand these terms but the players.

As for detoxing your body, it means to cleanse it...riding your body of impurities, cleaning your blood. you can do this by eating healthy, reducing your sugar intake, exercising, saunas...etc

Anytime you'd like an explanation on something, feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to be of service :)

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I like Weise, but we're seeing was Tortorella was talking about. He starts to think he's a legit top 6 sniper and stops playing the way that made him successful.

I thought he was a nice guy but he has an ego, let's face it.

When he joined the Habs he acted like Dale Hunter. Now he thinks he's the next David Desharnais.

Nynja*

MB's gonna sign soo many free agents this offseason, everyones dying to be coached by "ok boys we need to show da character and grind da puck, grind grind grind da puck"

:sarcasm:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
You're joking right???

But in case you don't know, it means to chip it in deep and cycle it..no fancy plays, just work on the boards with the puck, get a good cycle in to create an opening for a scoring chance. What's important here though is not for "Waffle" to understand these terms but the players.

As for detoxing your body, it means to cleanse it...riding your body of impurities, cleaning your blood. you can do this by eating healthy, reducing your sugar intake, exercising, saunas...etc

Anytime you'd like an explanation on something, feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to be of service :)

I've heard of cycling the puck or grinding out a cycle. I've heard of grinding. Being a grinder... But grinding a puck as grinding a coffee is new to me. Glad I won't stick out as a sore thumb with hockey company from now on.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
So, in short, Da Plan is... play boring hockey. In fact, keep it as boring as you possibly can. Nothing fancy. At all. Ever. So it isn't just me.... this team REALLY is boring! By design!?!

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
You're joking right???

chip it in deep and cycle it..no fancy plays, just work on the boards with the puck, get a good cycle in to create an opening for a scoring chance.

It all makes sense now.

*Phone rings*
MB: Hey Michel! What's up?
MT: WAAAZZZUUUUUPPPP!!!!!
MB: Ummm.. yeah, about those new players you want me to find, what are you in need of?
MT: Grinder with character and more grind!
MB: ...but the bottom six is pretty good and we...
MT: More grind!
MB: ...well, you know, we have all th...
MT: More grind!!
MB: Are you sure? I mean we...
MT: More grind! Grind grind grind! Character and grind!
MB: *sigh*
MT: Small fast ones.
MB: ...Byron's on waivers
MT: Yeah! Yeah! Take him!
MB: Ok...

*click*
MB: FML...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You're joking right???

Funny thing is, he never said any of this. All he says is GRIND DA PUCK which is vague and can mean many things. Besides, the team doesn't even play this way so how can you be sure this is what he's telling them? I am convinced the players have no ****ing clue what he's saying when he spews cigarette breath and farts in the room with his GRIN GRIN GRIN DA PUCK!!!!

And don't get me started on this "body cleanse" nonsense. What a ****ing crock of garbage. What impurities are in your blood exactly? What toxins, specifically, are you cleansing? Only dumbasses buy into this ****.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If the coach treats you like a top 6, you're going to act accordingly.

True.

But this is something I saw from Weise even last year. Where when Therrien put him in a grinding role last year, he seemed like he didn't want to do it. Both he and Prust started to think they were better than they are just cause a few times the coach put them on the first two lines.

Nevermind that Therrien used them there cause the Habs needed size and physicality. It's Martn using Moen on the first two lines cause we liked size all over again.

And management still have not fixed that problem.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
I remember this exchange during an episode of 24CH

MT " Alexei! Be stubborn on the puck"
Emelin skates over to Markov before the faceoff

Emelin "What stubborn mean"
Markov shrugs "play hard"
:laugh:

MT is the coach that just tells his players grind the puck/ play hard/ be first on the puck/ win your battles every intermission

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario

MT is the coach that just tells his players grind the puck/ play hard/ be first on the puck/ win your battles every intermission

He really said that?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Lol

AM: "Markov play hard, coach happy"

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

I think that was with Jean-Jaque Daignault, Diaz, and Gorges. Could be a different encounter though.

The Colorado game is scoreless in the first period, and in the second JJ tells Raphael Diaz something we can't quite hear but sounds like, "Stubborn at the blue! Stubborn at the blue!" Evidently whatever it was was, also confused to Diaz, who is later heard asking Gorges, "Hey, what does stubborn mean?"
- http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2013/11/14/5102818/24ch-s-02-e-06-start-spreading-the-bad-news

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
So, in short, Da Plan is... play boring hockey. In fact, keep it as boring as you possibly can. Nothing fancy. At all. Ever. So it isn't just me.... this team REALLY is boring! By design!?!

I'd rather play boring than lose. The last 2 games were entertaining but in large part due to giving up a lot of Grade a chances. we ended up giving up 6 goals even though Condon and Scrivens made quite a few great saves.

Yeah we need more offense, but it won't happen by making high risk plays across the neutral zone or dipsy doodle plays. We need to play better defensively plus get traffic in front of goalies, guys like Pacioretty spend too much time on the outside.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'd rather play boring than lose. The last 2 games were entertaining but in large part due to giving up a lot of Grade a chances. we ended up giving up 6 goals even though Condon and Scrivens made quite a few great saves.

Yeah we need more offense, but it won't happen by making high risk plays across the neutral zone or dipsy doodle plays. We need to play better defensively plus get traffic in front of goalies, guys like Pacioretty spend too much time on the outside.

Last game was entertaining?? What? :laugh: Some of the worse display of hockey I've seen from the Habs over the past few years.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Thanks! Now it all makes sense.

Are there any episodes where MT says, "now DD, you need to twerk it more"? Regardless, if we make the playoffs, this will serve us well. Right now, everything is a dress rehearsal for the playoffs where it will all be grinding and twerking.

yes but the footage is troubling and only shown in certain parts of eastern europe

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Thanks! Now it all makes sense.

Are there any episodes where MT says, "now DD, you need to twerk it more"? Regardless, if we make the playoffs, this will serve us well. Right now, everything is a dress rehearsal for the playoffs where it will all be grinding and twerking.

You shouldn't make fun of the way he speaks like that. We all know he meant to say "now DD, you need to wark it more"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad