Proposal: Fire Schwartz Billboard

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Peter Chiareli and Ken Holland have double handedly ruined most of the career of what could be the next best player since Gretzky. He likely will be nowhere near his true potential as a result. And a cup seems out of reach, when it shouldn't have been. It has taken its toll mentally and even injury wise quite likely. Schwartz is just a tool of theirs in completing this task.

And one of these guys is still around.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Again my own working class standards are different. The ethos being is if you don't do your job you don't have one. Period.

I agree, however it is not up to us to determine in this case and as fans we vote with our wallets and our time, not with buying billboards. Again my opinion only.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wut a pathetic idea.
Hour 2 today (Tuesday) of the Gregor Show starting at about the 19 minute mark really dealt with/debunked the goalie coach hysteria well.

No it didn’t. He cited Kosko as an example of a goalie “improving” under Schwartz, which is a weak example. His argument is that he wasn’t an NHL goalie before we signed him and he improved. What actually happened is Kosko came in and looked decent, to the point where it convinced the Oilers to sign him; then immediately after signing he started to suck. He rebounded the year after (which Gregor attributes to Schwartz) but then his game falls apart in years 3 and 4, and of course no attribution to Schwartz for that cause it doesn’t support his argument.

He cited Smith as another example of improved goaltending under Schwartz. Smith was what, 37 when we signed him? And Gregor thinks Schwartz was able to teach him new things that improved his game? I don’t buy that. Weak example.

Why doesn’t Gregor mention all the other goalies that sucked with Schwartz? Oh right, cherry picked examples (and bad ones at that).

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I'm kinda surprises the tech bros on HF are not all over those white placards the oilers players are holding on twitter. Fertile ground there boys.

I want one of Bouchard holding a sign that says I can't gap control

Reactions: MessierII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad