Proposal: Fire Schwartz Billboard

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Wut a pathetic idea.
Hour 2 today (Tuesday) of the Gregor Show starting at about the 19 minute mark really dealt with/debunked the goalie coach hysteria well.

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Wut a pathetic idea.

Have any better ideas? I think we can all agree Schwartz has had an extremely long leash here. I don’t even understand how he’s working at this level as he’s never played pro hockey before as a goalie. It would be nice to have a goalie coach who has played in the league and can share their knowledge and wisdom with the younger goalies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Makes sense for a GM, since that guy has his hands in almost anything in regards to players. A goalie coach though? Couldn't raise my eyebrow any higher than it should be physically possible.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I get the sentiment but at the end of the day it’s just entertainment for me. Hockey and Football are the only reasons I still have a cable package and I already spend enough money on that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_4249.gif

Rent one of these if you’re serious. Way cheaper than a billboard.

Honestly though that’s taking things too far for me. He has friends and family living here, so in my opinion that’s fans taking their passion too far. Imagine his wife and kids seeing this up everyday.

It gives Edmonton fans a bad name, like jersey tossing.

It’s a sport. It can be exceedingly frustrating to watch and it can be immensely joyful when things are going well. Fans need to remember that it’s not life or death.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
And to think we might give the word mob a bad name.

Terrible idea, These are human beings working in the ENTERTAINMENT business ffs. I deplore even the f***ing thought of this. I agree he should be gone but I'm not going to take my frustrations out on him personally.

If it was some politician or some other figure impacting the lives of society then hell yah. Let your voice be heard for what you believe is the betterment of us all.

This is a game. This is more of a sign that there's way too much emotional attachment to the team. They suck.. bitch... stop watching etc. But leave the pitchforks at home.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
why stop there though, do we know the equipment guys are sharpening skates properly? are the they hanging the jerseys in the right order? maybe we should fire them too?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
why stop there though, do we know the equipment guys are sharpening skates properly? are the they hanging the jerseys in the right order? maybe we should fire them too?
The madness needs to stop.

Fire the assistant to the travelling secretary!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
The madness needs to stop.

Fire the assistant to the travelling secretary!
is the bus driver even showing up on time for road games? FIRE THEM we need a blimp with a 1.5km banner labelling everyone

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Are the bus drivers and equipment managers losing the Oilers games? Because Schwartz is.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ahhh no. The goalies are. The D is. The forwards are.

Who coaches the goalies?

If you work for Microsoft or Apple or Google and your division at the company is tanking the company's profits, there should be accountability.

The fact that fans have to resort to suggestions like this tells you how badly this organization is run.

Probably the worst run organization in professional sports. Can't build a blue line, can't find a goalie worth shit, can barely give McDavid/Draisaitl two other forwards to play with and even that is like a fat kid being forced to climb a huge set of stairs, it takes everything in the tank to just accomplish that.

Scouts? Trash. Drafting? Trash? Coaching? Mediocre to trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad