Player Discussion: Fire Per MÃ¥rts from NT!

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Why is he boring? Because he doesn't let up a lot of goals?

Well, if you watched any Luleå last couple of seasons you know what im talking about.

I for one would have no problem with him as a coach.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Andreas Johansson anyone?

Btw, Mårts about Burström:

”Nisse, som han kallas, ringde vi till när vi fick Daniel Rahimi och Jonas Ahnelöv skadade i VM i Minsk. Vi sa till honom att han skulle överta deras spelsätt och deras roll, sÃ¥ han blev lite förvÃ¥nad, haha. Han är ju inte alls den spelartypen… I stället är han en av de spelskickligaste som finns i SHL och han löser allting sÃ¥ jäkla fantastiskt. Han klarade sitt första VM och jag tror han hade 20-22 minuter i sin första match och dÃ¥ hade han inte spelat pÃ¥ ett tag. Det klarade han galant. Härligt att se.”

Says alot about Mårts....thinking Burström should take Rahimi and Ahnelövs style of play....did Burström listen and do it? Not at all, not a single hit in the tournament by Burström.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
We can forget about Rönnberg, he will stay in Göteborg to 2019.

So who will take over after MÃ¥rts?

Grönborg? Wallson? Fagervall? Anders Forsberg? Hallam?

Wallson yes, he had done it really well in skellefteå with medicore players. Grönborg? No thanks, I wouldnt mind see him being replaced in U20

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
What about Niklas Sundblad? Not the first coach you would think about, but he made ERC Ingolstadt become German champions after ending 9th in the regular season

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
So it seems like we are seeing the end of the Mårts time as a HC of sweden. People seems to prefer Wikegård, that i will not even comment, since that will simply not happen.

Im very surprise that not more what to see Wallson? They rather want to have Grönborg, that basically have no merits execpt for failing in 2 tournaments in a row? Him they want, but not the one that have made his team to the dominating factor in swedish hockey the last years?

Grönborg I want to see fired, not promoted.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I think Roger Melin would be the best available coach for this mission, unless you go with an underdog.

Roger Rönnberg would be the best option, but as he has a long contract with Frölunda, I don't see that happen

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
New coaches from the summer of 2016 and on:

Mats Sundin (media relations, victory celebrations)

Peter Forsberg (game coach, filosopher)

Nicklas Lidström (defense coach)

Per MÃ¥rts (technical consultant, team selection)

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I love Per MÃ¥rts! We will win every EHT-tournament if we have the best team. Now when the winning formula is there, should we really start over with a NEW GUY??

FOUR MORE YEARS! YES WE CAN!

The dude must have offers from the KHL ($$). Or maybe he will make Iceland a top team.

Last edited:

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Roger Rönnberg would be the best option, but as he has a long contract with Frölunda, I don't see that happen

I don't see any reason why he would turn down the national team job. Higher profile, less work, higher pay (I'm assuming) and more job security (when was the last time a national team head coach was fired?).

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I don't blame Mårts for players like Hörnqvist being divas and declining just for having to wait a few days. Further, Mårts is so much better than BÅG ever was, he was a frustrating coach for fans. He if anyone mistreated the relations with the Swedish NHL-players.

If we can have a better coach, well in due time it has to be change but MÃ¥rts is far from the failure many pundits seems to express he is.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I don't blame Mårts for players like Hörnqvist being divas and declining just for having to wait a few days. Further, Mårts is so much better than BÅG ever was, he was a frustrating coach for fans. He if anyone mistreated the relations with the Swedish NHL-players.

If we can have a better coach, well in due time it has to be change but MÃ¥rts is far from the failure many pundits seems to express he is.

People always get upset with the NT coach after a few years. No matter who the next one is, he will be hated by fans eventually. MÃ¥rts has gotten good results with his teams and that's pretty much what matters in the end. The great number of declining NHL players is probably more a result of the general attitude towards the WC in North America rather than MÃ¥rts.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sundin has to be GM and Foppa the HC for (older) players to change attititude towards the national team. I don't see any issue with the guys <25 because they come from an era with great WJC teams and an overall good connection with the federation. That said we will never be Russia, our players rate the Stanley Cup as high as North Americans and that's always gonna be a big factor so long as this is a May tournament.

MÃ¥rts himself has evolved as a coach during these years. He started out naive but has adapted and become solid. Still, I think by the end of next season we are ready for new blood. We have time to figure out who.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00