Player Discussion: Fire Per MÃ¥rts from NT!

Snurrfint

Apr 8, 2012
Ske-a/Lund
After this last game went bad without nearly no coaching adjustment (benched Hedman 2 periods too late).

Persson and Brodin out for last 40 sec

Completely clueless in the interview after the game.

Im all for this proposal.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Awful team selection.

Sweden assembling players who can't play Swedish hockey worth a damn, and aren't too good at playing any other form of hockey either.
Oldtimers-hasbeens Z and Alfie having to lead the pack, not just mentally, but actually is evident to something's very wrong.

Too many guys who act and look like kids, even though they should be well veterans by now.

Marts should be getting the axe. Wrong man on the job.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Awful team selection.

Sweden assembling players who can't play Swedish hockey worth a damn, and aren't too good at playing any other form of hockey either.
Oldtimers-hasbeens Z and Alfie having to lead the pack, not just mentally, but actually is evident to something's very wrong.

Too many guys who act and look like kids, even though they should be well veterans by now.

Marts should be getting the axe. Wrong man on the job.

Hasbeen Z?

Perplexing.

Did a damn good job leading the team all tournament including this game.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The problem was in getting the defense to work together. Fasth is a good goalie but will be exploited as soon as there is a defense that doesn't play well together.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
I like MÃ¥rts, but he didn't do a good job this season. The defense looked shaky all the way from the pre-tournament games to the quarterfinals, and the boxplay was bad. The worrying thing is that things didn't improve after a couple of games, the flaws was evident and nothing much was done about them.

Looking at a team of SEL-players like Norway where alost all players overachieved, I got to say that MÃ¥rts didn't get the best out of his material, there was quite a few players that underachieved on the swedish team, that didn't play their best hockey. That is partly the coach fault, if you want your team to win, you got to get your players to play to the best of their abilities.

I don't mind if he gets a new chance, I like his style of hockey, but I wouldn't be sad if he gets fired.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
The problem was in getting the defense to work together. Fasth is a good goalie but will be exploited as soon as there is a defense that doesn't play well together.

Actually ineffective offense was probably as frustrating as Fasth.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Is it time to unleash "tuffe Uffe"?

Calle Johansson may have many stupid opinions, but I read that he had Uffe as one of his options to take the coaching job.

Wouldn't be a bad fit. he's been a player, assistant NHL coach and knows how to push the right buttons with NA players. Also how they work tactically and could make that transition smoother. Now when we have close to 70 NHL players, many of them young, with very little at "home" you have to figure there will be heavy NHL based WC teams for years to come.

If we're gonna aim for gold, we have to swallow the disappointment some years. Because the players we at home can never have a realistic shot at the gold. Russia has gone many years with all-star teams and never won. Czechs had something going bigtime last year before we eliminated them. Slovakia basically had their Olympic team last year and did nothing. Canada always have teams good enough to win. There's no guarantes with single elimination, that's just the way it is.

I don't think NHL players respond well to Mårts' "fake toughness". The guy is by heart a softie. We need something more straight forward. If not Uffe or Rönnberg, maybe even a foreign coach.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I don't think NHL players respond well to Mårts' "fake toughness". The guy is by heart a softie. We need something more straight forward. If not Uffe or Rönnberg, maybe even a foreign coach.

My vote goes to Janne Karlsson.

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
We need a coach that can make/let the team defend themselves when things are heating up. I was so mad after the game against Russia when they didn't stood up against the russians and their ugly plays. We need more grit and physical engagement. Sometimes you have to cross a few lines to win. You just need some balls for it.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Well, MÃ¥rts is staying on.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/landslag/trekronor/article14954087.ab

"I don't think that I can improve on anything that I do. I don't think my coaching is to blame for the loss."

Wow. Just wow. What a winner. No wonder he failed with some of the most talented WJC teams of all time.

table-flip.png

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We can forget about Rönnberg, he will stay in Göteborg to 2019.

So who will take over after MÃ¥rts?

Grönborg? Wallson? Fagervall? Anders Forsberg? Hallam?

Last edited:

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
We can forget about Rönnberg, he will stay in Göteborg to 2019.

So who will take over after MÃ¥rts?

Grönborg? Wallson? Fagervall? Anders Forsberg? Hallam?

No thanks to Grönborg and Forsberg.

My ideal choice would be Hallam, but he extended three years.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
MÃ¥rts have done pretty good results as of late:

2013 World Championship gold
2014 Olympic silver
2014 World Championship bronze

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca