Player Discussion: Fire Per MÃ¥rts from NT!

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I don't have an issue with MÃ¥rts per se, boring personality perhaps but his hockey philosophy is sound and he seems to be a good teacher and have a good team around him.

He is, however, completely insane when it comes to personnel decisions. Because we are a top-4 hockey country we'll never really be punished for it and you can't complain about the results he's had, a medal here and there is good enough, we never have the best roster in the tournament no matter if it's WC or Olympics.

He plays Tallinder at the Olympics 'because he's a good guy', he literally said that. He ****ed up the Enström and Söderberg situations completely, and now the Hörnqvist with this team. All the Joel Lundqvist and Daniel Rahimi over way better players. OEL 8th D-man at Olympics, Hedman(!) and Strålman(!) weren't even there and they ended the year earning a few votes for the Norris.

I get that there'll always be a few spots here and there up for debate but I don't think people who don't follow NHL realize how wide the gap between someone like Hedman and someone like Tallinder is, or Oduya and Jonathan Ericsson for that matter, or now the gap between Hörnqvist and Nicklas Danielsson, or Hörnqvist and any forward not named Forsberg, Lindholm or Loui.

Team is good enough to get a bronze medal or something anyway, probably, so nothing will change.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
SAVE MÃ¥rts! We should have won the Olympics if our centers were not injured!

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I don't have an issue with MÃ¥rts per se, boring personality perhaps but his hockey philosophy is sound and he seems to be a good teacher and have a good team around him.

He is, however, completely insane when it comes to personnel decisions. Because we are a top-4 hockey country we'll never really be punished for it and you can't complain about the results he's had, a medal here and there is good enough, we never have the best roster in the tournament no matter if it's WC or Olympics.

He plays Tallinder at the Olympics 'because he's a good guy', he literally said that. He ****ed up the Enström and Söderberg situations completely, and now the Hörnqvist with this team. All the Joel Lundqvist and Daniel Rahimi over way better players. OEL 8th D-man at Olympics, Hedman(!) and Strålman(!) weren't even there and they ended the year earning a few votes for the Norris.

I get that there'll always be a few spots here and there up for debate but I don't think people who don't follow NHL realize how wide the gap between someone like Hedman and someone like Tallinder is, or Oduya and Jonathan Ericsson for that matter, or now the gap between Hörnqvist and Nicklas Danielsson, or Hörnqvist and any forward not named Forsberg, Lindholm or Loui.

Team is good enough to get a bronze medal or something anyway, probably, so nothing will change.

1. Strålman in the OG would have broken the bank in Vegas
2. What MÃ¥rts SAYS to the press is not relevant
3. When Hörnqvist was sidestepped we were in a position four or five players better than Horner were possible to assemble.
4. You can't play on Olympic level with Mickey Mouse defenders on every position.
5. Söderberg, c'mon. It was a decision on another level.
6. Complaints so far on Jewel and IB-Rahimi??
7. He did invite "Streamer" last year. He believes in the process of teambuilding, Per M

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Why does everyone misspell his name?

If french: "Meaurts" as in Eau de Cologne, must be the dot over the a, ä has two small dots while å has one bigger with a hole in it. Märtesacker, j-a bonnläpp, Antero Niittymääki etc.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
If french: "Meaurts" as in Eau de Cologne, must be the dot over the a, ä has two small dots while å has one bigger with a hole in it. Märtesacker, j-a bonnläpp, Antero Niittymääki etc.

I think he meant his first name. Mårts is one of those hipsters that spells his name "Pär" instead of "Per".

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
1. Strålman in the OG would have broken the bank in Vegas
2. What MÃ¥rts SAYS to the press is not relevant
3. When Hörnqvist was sidestepped we were in a position four or five players better than Horner were possible to assemble.
4. You can't play on Olympic level with Mickey Mouse defenders on every position.
5. Söderberg, c'mon. It was a decision on another level.
6. Complaints so far on Jewel and IB-Rahimi??
7. He did invite "Streamer" last year. He believes in the process of teambuilding, Per M

1. Don't know how often he'll have to be a key part of a cup finals defence before he gets some recognition in Sweden. Third time's the charm?
2. Fair enough.
3. Sure, Zetterberg and Kronwall would be great but Hörnqvist would also be better than 10 forwards on the roster.
4. ?
5. Perhaps it was over his head, could probably have patched things up if he wanted him though, doubt he wanted him there.
6. Today was a good measuring stick.
7. Who is that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad