Fire Luke Richardson

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I was under the impression that they were aware it was more than annoying them and that Quennville said they could deal with it after the finale.
What do you mean “more than annoying them?”. The consensus from the report seemed to be that in that meeting they were made aware that there was something that happened but there was no specifics given and nothing to suggest anything close to what later came out. Q was also not originally in the meeting, but was brought in after the meeting had begun. What he said in todays interview lines up pretty well with what is in the report.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
What do you mean “more than annoying them?”. The consensus from the report seemed to be that in that meeting they were made aware that there was something that happened but there was no specifics given and nothing to suggest anything close to what later came out. Q was also not originally in the meeting, but was brought in after the meeting had begun. What he said in todays interview lines up pretty well with what is in the report.
Q in this interview said he was aware that BA was “annoying the black aces” I thought the report mentioned that they knew it was more than that?

It’s been a really long time since I read the report.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I recall the phrase, trying to get into bed with, being used about what was supposedly said in the meeting. But it seemed they were too bothered by the homosexual activity to actually treat and talk about the claims directly.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Q in this interview said he was aware that BA was “annoying the black aces” I thought the report mentioned that they knew it was more than that?

It’s been a really long time since I read the report.
It’s been a while since I read it too, so I am not 100%, but I seem to recall that there was definitely not a consensus based on the interviews of those at the meeting exactly what was said. In general, there was not a whole lot of details provided, and certainly nothing as I recall that came close to what eventually was accused. I do remember that the meeting commenced without Q and that he was brought in later once it was realized that a member of the coaching staff was involved. Whatever details were shared earlier in the meeting were not necessarily relayed in their entirety to Q. Based on this interview all Q says he was told was that BA was hanging around the Rockford players, going out to bars with them, that there were possibly some inappropriate text messages and that he was bugging them.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why are we rehashing this? Q lied blatantly to the media when they questioned him about this originally. Then he tried to walk back his lies when it came out. f*** Q.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I'm sure the Hawks will come out with 25 minutes of good grindy hustly hockey before sucking the last 35 to keep the LR excuse train rolling. Might even get a 4-1 win

1 shot before the game was over.

And yes there were at least 30 worse teams (not pts %) than this one in the cap era.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I dunno why Doug is so upset by the tank. And don’t give me the whole “I like the tank I’m just mad they don’t lose every game 4-3.” That’s just greedy and defies realism.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Definitely not

Name all these 30 teams that had 1 top 6 player, and 0 top pairing Dman
To be fair, I'd consider Vlasic to be a top pair D. He's played like one all season. He's probably a top 10 shutdown D in the league right now. Top 15 at worst.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Problem is Vlasic has NEVER shown that kind of offensive ability in his career. Even in the NHL he'll definitely show flashes, but no finish. Do I think he has more offensive upside than say, Hjalmarsson? Yes, but not by much. If you're expecting him to have Keith or even Seabrook level offensive ability while shutting down people.. let's just say I'll bet your house and mine that won't happen.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Problem is Vlasic has NEVER shown that kind of offensive ability in his career. Even in the NHL he'll definitely show flashes, but no finish. Do I think he has more offensive upside than say, Hjalmarsson? Yes, but not by much. If you're expecting him to have Keith or even Seabrook level offensive ability while shutting down people.. let's just say I'll bet your house and mine that won't happen.

Duncan Keith's numbers weren't exactly eye-popping, until they were. In fact, Keith and Vlasic have identical AHL numbers at .33 PPG. We will see. I'm not writing him off offensively until I see him logging 25 minutes a night with legit top six talent.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's difficult for defensemen to put up offensive numbers when it's a bunch of 4th liners in front of them.
True, but he needs to show it more frequently and produce to be that next level, regardless. He's getting there, but dont think hes a top pairing guy yet.

But it's besides the point I made, this team has very little talent compared to most teams in the cap era. Maybe if Hall, Murphy and Perry were playing all year it would be an argument, but its a pathetic group of talent.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Definitely not

Name all these 30 teams that had 1 top 6 player, and 0 top pairing Dman
Jones is a top pairing Dman
Mrazek is a real goalie.

There's terrible, but there's plenty of company with teams that had neither.

It's not straight talent either. Ownership has decimated more teams than gms ever could.

This year's sharks are just as bad but have managed to stay out of the terribly terrible all time stat categories since their start. 21' Ducks. 07 BJs, a bunch of Ott, Buf, AZ, and FLA teams. 07 Flyers, 20' Detroit, 17 Van, 15 Devils trainwreck from ownership down, etc. Is Radulov talent, Semin in Carolina, those were subtraction by addition on rosters in many cases.

This ownership still takes care of the players with all the bells and whistles too. It's not like TB in Torts last year when they're gutting the depth and taking the floor out as they get ready to sell in an already toxic situation.

Hawks are terrible, but there's been alot of terrible the last 19 seasons.

Reactions: belfour30

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Duncan Keith's numbers weren't exactly eye-popping, until they were. In fact, Keith and Vlasic have identical AHL numbers at .33 PPG. We will see. I'm not writing him off offensively until I see him logging 25 minutes a night with legit top six talent.
alot of keith pts were being on a really good PP with 1st and 2nd assists.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
In total different eras... Keith was over a ppg player in the WHL and skating actively all over the ice. I don't get this thought. Keith was a play driving style with the puck.

Nothing against Vlasic but alot last year which happens in the ahl, is getting the puck to forwards making plays with time and space.

Reactions: clydesdale line

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Vlasic doesn't need to be making pretty plays in the O zone or ripping bombs to be a top pairing. He's awesome and well on his way to becoming a possession monster. Fans are too obsessed with points, but he's going to get plenty just forcing turnovers and getting the puck up to his forwards.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
alot of keith pts were being on a really good PP with 1st and 2nd assists.
Their PP was never good. Like... ever. The best they had was in 2010-2011, where it was top 5. Outside of that season, during their run, they were only top 10 in the league a single time from 2008-2015, and it was actually #10. Most the time they were around 15-20, and after 2016 they were closer to the bottom 5-8 in the league. They had a good PP in 2015-2016 that finished top 2. Those are it as far as good PP seasons from 2008-2020.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
In total different eras... Keith was over a ppg player in the WHL and skating actively all over the ice. I don't get this thought. Keith was a play driving style with the puck.

Nothing against Vlasic but alot last year which happens in the ahl, is getting the puck to forwards making plays with time and space.

The argument was that he had "too little offense" for a top pairing D. I was refuting that point, and the point that "he has never shown offense". Zdeno Chara only ever topped out at 52 points. Was he a top pairing D?

You also realize that most points ANY D in ANY league collect are.....getting the pucks to forwards making plays? :laugh:

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad