Fire Doug Wilson

MardocAgain

Apr 10, 2012
I don't know who it's on, but this Sharks team looks like a bunch of guys playing just hard enough not to get fired.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
All he needed to do this offseason is two simple fixes, he refused to do anything now everything is falling apart. His unnecessary meltdown after the playoffs last season and subsequent unnecessary stripping of the captaincy was yet another one of his failed experiments.

There's a reason why Doug Wilson has never won a Cup as a Player, Coach, or GM. He just simply does not know what it takes to ****ing win. If it wasn't for the Thornton trade he would've been canned ages ago.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
All he needed to do this offseason is two simple fixes, he refused to do anything now everything is falling apart. His unnecessary meltdown after the playoffs last season and subsequent unnecessary stripping of the captaincy was yet another one of his failed experiments.

There's a reason why Doug Wilson has never won a Cup as a Player, Coach, or GM. He just simply does not know what it takes to ****ing win. If it wasn't for the Thornton trade he would've been canned ages ago.

How many cups do you have?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Maybe if he wasn't an ambiguous jerk over the offseason and said something like "I trust Joe and Patty" and "I'll make this team better" we wouldn't have these issues.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

And he had the nerve to call out other people's leadership ability

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Get a new TV deal, get rid of our tightwad owner, and get rid of Mclellan, and get rid of DW. In that order.

Fire Wilson, fire Mclellan, and fire the assistant coaches other than Robinson. This entire staff sucks,
Why do you think Robinson has done so great for this team? He publicly shamed Thornton's leadership ability on a Montreal radio show. Keep that **** behind closed doors. There's not trust within the organization anymore. Robinson is partly to blame.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The team is underperforming what it actually has but I certainly agree DW's offseason was terrible.

richo

Mar 14, 2011
Bay Area
Wilson blew it last summer. After the LA playoff humiliation he should have made big changes then to shake these guys up and get top value. Now value is decreasing for all (except maybe Vlasic and Burns). In another thread i proposed sending Thornton to Edmonton for a package and people labeled it as silly. What is silly is continuing to believe in this guy. He needs to go. Tonight he showed yet another disspirited performance. A few months ago Hockeyball summed it up best with regard to Thornton. I will paraphrase the best i remember. HB stated that Thornton has such great career numbers because he is a guy with definite talent. He plays well during the regular season when he can play many games against 1) non-playoff caliber teams and 2) higher quality teams who may be hit by injuries or in the midst of a long road trip. Come playoff time quality teams adjust to Thornton's style and shut him down He either is too stubborn or perhaps unable to adjust and he and his team is eliminated year after year. At least last summer there was a chance to get a lot for him. Now however he cannot even produce against the likes of Florida, Arizona and Calgary (the jury's still out on their quality) so even if Wilson wakes up and correctly decides he should deal Thornton we have already lost value. Something significant needs to be done. Continued dawdling only brings value down more and more. It also means probably not qualifying for the playoffs. Something tells me that may be what will wake up Wilson and maybe many others on these boards as well. Big numbers may make someone great for a fantasy team but it does not necessarily mean he is someone who will raise your team up when it most needs it. Yes Wilson should go but make sure Thornton goes too.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Get a new TV deal, get rid of our tightwad owner, and get rid of Mclellan, and get rid of DW. In that order.

Why do you think Robinson has done so great for this team? He publicly shamed Thornton's leadership ability on a Montreal radio show. Keep that **** behind closed doors. There's not trust within the organization anymore. Robinson is partly to blame.

He's helped make Braun better. Other than that? i've been pretty disappointed with him. He hasn't gotten anything out of our defenseman offensively that wasn't already there (Burns). Add in the Thornton comments and his possible influence in getting Hannan/Irwin/etc in the lineup over Demers and it's hard to defend the guy.

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
Who honestly didn't see this coming? He got rid of a couple guys, signed John Scott, and called it a day. He should have been fired before the season even started.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Wilson blew it last summer. After the LA playoff humiliation he should have made big changes then to shake these guys up and get top value. Now value is decreasing for all (except maybe Vlasic and Burns). In another thread i proposed sending Thornton to Edmonton for a package and people labeled it as silly. What is silly is continuing to believe in this guy. He needs to go. Tonight he showed yet another disspirited performance. A few months ago Hockeyball summed it up best with regard to Thornton. I will paraphrase the best i remember. HB stated that Thornton has such great career numbers because he is a guy with definite talent. He plays well during the regular season when he can play many games against 1) non-playoff caliber teams and 2) higher quality teams who may be hit by injuries or in the midst of a long road trip. Come playoff time quality teams adjust to Thornton's style and shut him down He either is too stubborn or perhaps unable to adjust and he and his team is eliminated year after year. At least last summer there was a chance to get a lot for him. Now however he cannot even produce against the likes of Florida, Arizona and Calgary (the jury's still out on their quality) so even if Wilson wakes up and correctly decides he should deal Thornton we have already lost value. Something significant needs to be done. Continued dawdling only brings value down more and more. It also means probably not qualifying for the playoffs. Something tells me that may be what will wake up Wilson and maybe many others on these boards as well. Big numbers may make someone great for a fantasy team but it does not necessarily mean he is someone who will raise your team up when it most needs it. Yes Wilson should go but make sure Thornton goes too.
using Thornton as a scapegoat again and again doesn't solve anything with this team and getting rid of him won't make anything better. He has been the only player doing anything on this team and has done this year in and year out. He didn't show up last year in playoffs? No one did. He isn't a good captain? Stripped his C. What other excuses do we have? This is a team sport and it took a team to lose tonight and last years playoffs

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
He's helped make Braun better. Other than that? i've been pretty disappointed with him. He hasn't gotten anything out of our defenseman offensively that wasn't already there (Burns). Add in the Thornton comments and his possible influence in getting Hannan/Irwin/etc in the lineup over Demers and it's hard to defend the guy.

Forgot about Braun. I will give him that. I still think he needs to go based on all your other points. He's old-minded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad