WC: Finland vs USA semi final!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Sweden are poor at both hockey and football nowadays.
Without their forever Zatan.

The two sports that really matters. And others sports like track and field there are invaders like Daniel Arvid Paavali Ståhl and frenshman Duplantus at the forefront.
Sweden won groups containing Germany and Spain in the last two World Cup / Euro torunaments. We are great at football. And hockey. Have more than twice as many NHLers than Russia, Finland and Czechia and produce top players every year. Bad trolling.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Idk why some Finns are being an ass to Swedes. They lost, we could just be happy we are still going and they went home instead of laughing for no reason. Its not a best-on-best tournament, but of course the tournament matters. Especially it matters to the Finnish people who just want to see success from our team.

I think it matters something to the Swedes as well since they are commenting here, but losing early doesn't mean there is something wrong with the system. One bad coach can ruin the national team success for years and with other coach the same team can win 3 gold medals in a row.

Its simple.
I don't think anyone would've mentioned word about Sweden without these 2 guys storming to Finland game thread.

Reactions: Ippenator

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I don't think anyone would've mentioned word about Sweden without these 2 guys storming to Finland game thread.
Don’t make innacurate statements about Sweden not being good then. Because or C-team and former coach lost a game in OT. If I say ”these tournaments should not be used to judge quality of hockey programs”, you should respond with ”I agree but still like watching them”.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Yeah always complain about the coach, goal-keeper, referees or one player's mistake. That's the AB's answer to every lose..
Dude, if you're being trained by someone who just stands passively over you and looks at a cube over the ice and no reaction comes up, who's wrong? The Swedes began to lose the match against Canada in the second period, only Ullmark kept them in the game. And the highlight was the power play, where the goal was not to score a goal at 4-0 but to run another two minutes of play. At that moment, I felt that Garpenlöv was again afraid of winning. A competent coach should try to calm the team, find a way to dull the opponent's pressure and sometimes try to attack so that the opponent's goalkeeper knows that he can not rest. What has Sweden done in the second period? The shots on goal were 19-1, that's clear enough to describe how the match began to flow between Sweden's fingers.

From your point of view of a Finnish fan, these are excuses, from my point of view of a Swedish fan, these are relevant arguments. I think Hallam wouldn't do what Garpenlöv did. This team could be on the ice today, but the quality had failed, as well as a few months back at the Olympics. It is no coincidence that they have no medal under Garpenlöv.

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
haha, this year Olympic gold?

Lol, I glad you enjoy it :) Finally eh ?

This one ?

I think in fact Teppo is right now a lot happier than you or any other Swedish hockey fan. Or what do you think? But glad that Sweden has had their moments in the past. Finland is having our moments now.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Proves my point. Therefore, tournament results should not lead to ridiculous statements like ”Sweden are now worse than Finland”.
I say this for the last time now, professional sports is a bottom line business. Finland get's success Sweden not, that's just the way it is.

Besides Finland has more best vs best medals than Sweden in 2000's even though Sweden had way stronger roster before what they have now. So just leave it mate.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Dude, if you're being trained by someone who just stands passively over you and looks at a cube over the ice and no reaction comes up, who's wrong? The Swedes began to lose the match against Canada in the second period, only Ullmark kept them in the game. And the highlight was the power play, where the goal was not to score a goal at 4-0 but to run another two minutes of play. At that moment, I felt that Garpenlöv was again afraid of winning. A competent coach should try to calm the team, find a way to dull the opponent's pressure and sometimes try to attack so that the opponent's goalkeeper knows that he can not rest. What has Sweden done in the second period? The shots on goal were 19-1, that's clear enough to describe how the match began to flow between Sweden's fingers.

From your point of view of a Finnish fan, these are excuses, from my point of view of a Swedish fan, these are relevant arguments. I think Hallam wouldn't do what Garpenlöv did. This team could be on the ice today, but the quality had failed, as well as a few months back at the Olympics. It is no coincidence that they have no medal under Garpenlöv.
Thank you for a reasonable comment. You will be one of the favorites next year and hopefully more Swedish NHL-stars will take part then.

Reactions: karhukissa

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I say this for the last time now, professional sports is a bottom line business. Finland get's success Sweden not, that's just the way it is.

Besides Finland has more best vs best medals than Sweden in 2000's even though Sweden had way stronger roster before what they have now. So just leave it mate.
What the f*** does Salt Lake City 2002 and Vancouver 2010 bring to the discussion? It says nothing. No coach and no player on the teams are still there.

And no, you can’t say Sweden are worse because our C-team doesn’t win some WCs. If you said Finland were better than the US at hockey because the US (who haven’t made a finals since 1960) don’t get results at the world champinoships people would laugh in your face.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
One truly can't help but wonder why your neighboring country's team winning a game of hockey which your team didn't even participate in can eat a man's psyche this much.

In the end... life goes on. Well, until our Sun scorches our Earth with its dying grasp (unless we figure out a way to relocate before that), but luckily none of us will be around to witness that.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Thank you for a reasonable comment. You will be one of the favorites next year and hopefully more Swedish NHL-stars will take part then.
When players stop believing in a coach's ability, it's easy to say no and stay in America. Next year, in my opinion, the players' confidence in the coach will be restored and 15-17 players can come to play for Sweden at the WHC. Also, many players will resolve their contracts and some of them I hope will not lose interest in representing them. Sweden is now at zero, it is the beginning of the process and it will depend on how Hallam takes office and the style of the first contact with the players.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
What the f*** does Salt Lake City 2002 and Vancouver 2010 bring to the discussion? It says nothing. No coach and no player on the teams are still there.

And no, you can’t say Sweden are worse because our C-team doesn’t win some WCs. If you said Finland were better than the US at hockey because the US (who haven’t made a finals since 1960) don’t get results at the world champinoships people would laugh in your face.
Can you just go away?

Reactions: AB13

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019

Well it's to give you some perspective, Sweden had better players then than they have today. C-teams also represent their country, Sweden is underperforming and i don't know how much it would change best vs best.

I'd rather have medals than not, i don't know about other people. World Championships are just one part of hockey and it counts with it's own way, it doesn't define everything.

Sweden is a great hockey nation and does amazing job with developing players. Be happy and don't storm to every game thread.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well it's to give you some perspective, Sweden had better players then than they have today. C-teams also represent their country, Sweden is underperforming and i don't know how much it would change best vs best.

I'd rather have medals than not, i don't know about other people. World Championships are just one part of hockey and it counts with it's own way, it doesn't define everything.

Sweden is a great hockey nation and does amazing job with developing players. Be happy and don't storm to every game thread.
Everything changes from year to year depending on what players we get from the NHL and what coach we have. You know this. Please don’t make huge generalisations about Swedish hockey in general because of just a couple tournaments with replacable players. Sweden are absolutely not underperforming. You can say that if we stop producing top 10 picks and like 6 first rounders every year. That’s what pissed me off. Enjoy your medals. I have had my fair share of hockey-related enjoyment too and look back on those fondlly.

Some of our past best on best teams did great, some didn’t. It’s totally irrelevant now unless you want to claim Swedish players will always underperform regardless of circumstances because of culture or something. Seems like that is what you are trying to say?

Last edited:
Reactions: karhukissa

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
It was a really tie game. Kudos to USA for that. Hope you guys take the bronze tomorrow. It is always an achievement to win over USA.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Sweden is not a bad hockey country, and a few subpar results from the past few years don't change that big picture. However... the best time and place to present that fact may not be when a group of Finns are enjoying the moment of reaching a WHC final. No one should be surprised that the end result is an absolute trainwreck.

To put it simply, the problem here may not be that certain Swedes here don't have a good point. It's that they're absolutely freakin' bad at reading the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad