Finding the Oilers a Goalie

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Neuvirth actually looked fantastic behind a shoddy defence this year. He's my #1 UFA option.

Dubnyk won't go anywhere near Edmonton.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I thought Partners were only allowed to post their link on one forum. Shouldn't this either be here, or on the trade board? Not both

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
My apologies if true, Spawn. I wanted to share it here as well because it was Oilers specific. But it seems to be getting more feedback on the Trade board anyway, which is a bit surprising.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
My apologies if true, Spawn. I wanted to share it here as well because it was Oilers specific. But it seems to be getting more feedback on the Trade board anyway, which is a bit surprising.

Never underestimate how much fans of other teams love telling Oiler fans how to fix their team. Usually Step 1 involves the Oilers getting bent over by their favourite team in a trade for high picks or Taylor Hall

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Karri Ramo is missing why?

I'd be shocked if Andersen is available given his stellar contract and play but Gibson is the golden child there. The price would be high for an inter-conference team but I love the guy.

Realistically I am hoping for a Ramo/Neuvirth combo. Scrivens can be traded for a pick. He's terrible.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
if we cant get anderson or andersen i dont see a lot of wow on that list. I really wish we would have traded for luongo when he was available.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I also really like Neuvirth, young and did well in Buffalo. I think he is flying under the radar. I wouldn't touch Dubnyk with a 10 foot pole, he will get over paid and regress back to his old self.

I would also be in for trading for Cam Ward. I got to think he might like to come home to end his career, sign him to a low cap hit long term deal.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I also really like Neuvirth, young and did well in Buffalo. I think he is flying under the radar. I wouldn't touch Dubnyk with a 10 foot pole, he will get over paid and regress back to his old self.

I would also be in for trading for Cam Ward. I got to think he might like to come home to end his career, sign him to a low cap hit long term deal.

Look at Neuvirth and Enroth on their new teams. Much worse numbers. I think there's something about Buffalo that makes goalies look good on stats even though they aren't all that great (or maybe certain types of goalies). Lindback looks brilliant on the Sabres right now btw. He's a goalie that's well established to be below average.

I still want us to go after Bernier

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
It would be interesting (to me at least), if there was a poll...unless there has already been one that I missed.

The goalie position is one that is extremely important to the team, but in my case, I do not follow the goalies very closely...if at all. Never have really, unless they play for one of the 2 teams I cheer for.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Kuemper was TERRIBLE this year.

So was Scrivens this year, Dubnyk was terrible last year, Lindback was terrible just a few months ago.

Kuemper, to me could be had cheaply and could be a good buy low sell high option in net plus he is from Saskatoon so its possible he would be interested in playing for Edmonton.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
scrivens 2.0. No thanks.

Martin Jones is a different style goalie to Scrivens, Far better positionally than Scrivens, maybe not as good in movement but he plays more patient in net and doesn't get caught out forcing him to make some of the dumb saves Scrivens gives himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad