Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Part 2

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Finally finished the 5.3 story. Goddamn. Kept expecting the rug to get pulled and thankfully they didn't do it.What a satisfying end to that chapter.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Just started playing this. Any reason to do any of the sidequests (not including the quests that unlock things) while trying to level up? Do they add anything other than minor world building stories?

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Just started playing this. Any reason to do any of the sidequests (not including the quests that unlock things) while trying to level up? Do they add anything other than minor world building stories?

Some later ones will give you high quality versions of gear that you can sell through your retainers to make some money (think it starts in the first expansion iirc?).

Other than that I'd say it's unnecessary for most of them unless you just don't like the quest markers on your map. The exp tends to be lackluster in comparison to other alternatives you get.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Endwalker announced as the next expansion with a Fall 2021 release date.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker

Sage has been announced as the new Healer Job (FINALLY)
Melee DPS will be the other new job but we won't know what it actually is until the fan fest in May.

They covered a decent bit but will go over a lot more during the fan fest

Last edited:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Male Viera was announced at Fan Fest, along with a full trailer for Endwalker.
Reaper looks AWESOME. Sooooo many people will be going STRAIGHT for that when the time comes.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Just jumped into FFXIV for the first time ever. Needed an online experience that isn’t a battle royale or an FPS and I’ve always loved Final Fantasy even if my MMO experience isn’t great. So far about an hour in and there is so much stuff haha but I can already tell I’m gonna love the world. Anyone have any tips whatsoever?!

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Just jumped into FFXIV for the first time ever. Needed an online experience that isn’t a battle royale or an FPS and I’ve always loved Final Fantasy even if my MMO experience isn’t great. So far about an hour in and there is so much stuff haha but I can already tell I’m gonna love the world. Anyone have any tips whatsoever?!
Complete your hunting log. It'll help with getting XP as you level through the A Realm Reborn stage.
If you are running out of side quests to do and still need to level up to do your next Main Scenario Quest, queue up for dungeons to get through it, and do some leve-quests (as long as you have the allowance for them). I don't think you are at the point where the leve-quests have been introduced, but you'll eventually get a quest to unlock them.

I'm about to re-subscribe myself later this week. I have a big itch to play, and I'd like to get some other classes to 80, along with getting my professions done and to max level. The game is honestly great. I'm glad you are enjoying it so far and hope that you continue to do so. The community in general is pretty great. You can always come across some bad apples, but that happens in literally every game.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Complete your hunting log. It'll help with getting XP as you level through the A Realm Reborn stage.
If you are running out of side quests to do and still need to level up to do your next Main Scenario Quest, queue up for dungeons to get through it, and do some leve-quests (as long as you have the allowance for them). I don't think you are at the point where the leve-quests have been introduced, but you'll eventually get a quest to unlock them.

I'm about to re-subscribe myself later this week. I have a big itch to play, and I'd like to get some other classes to 80, along with getting my professions done and to max level. The game is honestly great. I'm glad you are enjoying it so far and hope that you continue to do so. The community in general is pretty great. You can always come across some bad apples, but that happens in literally every game.

Awesome, thanks a lot! Not sure how many hours at a time I’ll be able to put in at a time due to time constraints but I plan to chip away when I can!

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Awesome, thanks a lot! Not sure how many hours at a time I’ll be able to put in at a time due to time constraints but I plan to chip away when I can!
No problem! Also, you may have noticed on your map (or have accidentally run into) FATES that are going on that are in your level range, you can do those as well. Sometimes you can do them solo (like if it only requires you to kill a number of mobs) other times you will need another person or two (if it's a BIG solo mob). Those will also help!
But yeah, being able to take your time with the story is always recommended. It's such a good one.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
No problem! Also, you may have noticed on your map (or have accidentally run into) FATES that are going on that are in your level range, you can do those as well. Sometimes you can do them solo (like if it only requires you to kill a number of mobs) other times you will need another person or two (if it's a BIG solo mob). Those will also help!
But yeah, being able to take your time with the story is always recommended. It's such a good one.

I’ve just been kinda following the main story quests (very early on). I’m a gladiator so I figured I should join that guild, I find the small non story exclamation mark quests don’t provide enough exp to waste my time with but the main story ones have provided very fast levelling. Just got the hunter log so I’ll be following your advice regarding that. Can’t wait to see this story unravel, I’m hearing how legendary it is and how it stacks up against some of the very best Final Fantasy stories, huge drawing point for me

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
If you're already enjoying it early on, you're gonna love it when you hit 50 and everything starts opening up and Heavensward starts. Most people new to the game have major complaints about content and lack of job actions and functionality. The community is pretty helpful, albeit kinda weird (role-playing, glamouring).

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I’m sitting at level 18 right now. Still loving it and actually can’t stop thinking about it when I’m at work haha. I’ve been playing just as a gladiator, when did you guys decide to start an alt job? Im gonna try to get to the highest level I can with my gladiator and then maybe branch out in the end game stuff.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
I’m sitting at level 18 right now. Still loving it and actually can’t stop thinking about it when I’m at work haha. I’ve been playing just as a gladiator, when did you guys decide to start an alt job? Im gonna try to get to the highest level I can with my gladiator and then maybe branch out in the end game stuff.

If you're ever looking for someone to play with, feel free to shoot me a message. I'm on Faerie at the moment (Aether Data Center), but that will matter less in the future with the cross data center stuff coming in the next expansion.

I'd recommend joining a guild, if you're on a subscription already at least (since you can't join one during the free trial). If only to get the guild buffs, assuming they have them active (bonus exp being the main one people like while leveling). If you're on the free trial still, I would just focus on the hunting log and stuff if you need some more exp (and eventually your daily dungeon roulettes if you're short on exp / want to level up another class). [If you're on that server and want to join for the buffs / do stuff, you're more than welcome to. It's just me and a couple other people at the moment]

I'm also not sure if you were referred by someone, if not either myself or someone else can get you a referral code if you don't have someone that you're playing with. You can get some minor stuff in game for going through that on the website (a circlet you can wear that increases exp on classes below level 25? I believe it is, some free teleports [I'd save for the more expensive teleports later on but not a big deal either way] and then some feathers you can trade in for some glamour options for gear [don't think I ever actually traded them in for any of my characters]).

I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but as long as I'm not doing stuff already I'm definitely willing to hop on and do stuff whenever. A lot of the people that I played with either stopped getting on as much or started playing mostly in statics for savage that I didn't feel like joining.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
If you're ever looking for someone to play with, feel free to shoot me a message. I'm on Faerie at the moment (Aether Data Center), but that will matter less in the future with the cross data center stuff coming in the next expansion.

I'd recommend joining a guild, if you're on a subscription already at least (since you can't join one during the free trial). If only to get the guild buffs, assuming they have them active (bonus exp being the main one people like while leveling). If you're on the free trial still, I would just focus on the hunting log and stuff if you need some more exp (and eventually your daily dungeon roulettes if you're short on exp / want to level up another class). [If you're on that server and want to join for the buffs / do stuff, you're more than welcome to. It's just me and a couple other people at the moment]

I'm also not sure if you were referred by someone, if not either myself or someone else can get you a referral code if you don't have someone that you're playing with. You can get some minor stuff in game for going through that on the website (a circlet you can wear that increases exp on classes below level 25? I believe it is, some free teleports [I'd save for the more expensive teleports later on but not a big deal either way] and then some feathers you can trade in for some glamour options for gear [don't think I ever actually traded them in for any of my characters]).

I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but as long as I'm not doing stuff already I'm definitely willing to hop on and do stuff whenever. A lot of the people that I played with either stopped getting on as much or started playing mostly in statics for savage that I didn't feel like joining.

This is really awesome. I actually joined the gladiator guild immediately and have been doing all of the quests related to it. I just got through my first dungeon yesterday and it was a blast to play with other people, so I’m really looking forward to the endgame raids. I’ll definitely Keep you in mind if I run into any issues or need someone to play with. I can already tell it’s the deepest game I’ve ever played.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
This is really awesome. I actually joined the gladiator guild immediately and have been doing all of the quests related to it. I just got through my first dungeon yesterday and it was a blast to play with other people, so I’m really looking forward to the endgame raids. I’ll definitely Keep you in mind if I run into any issues or need someone to play with. I can already tell it’s the deepest game I’ve ever played.

I'm assuming that the gladiator guild is for the gladiator quests.

There are guilds that you can join with other players in them (no quests relating to them), that have some other features. Stuff like guild buffs can be activated (bonus battle exp, bonus gathering/crafting exp, etc.) [2 at a time max, have to be reactivated every 24 hours. I want to say 10% bonus, but I can't remember off the top of my head], guild house (that you can buy a room in or you can get one in the apartment buildings if you don't want to try for a private house) and then a chat option for talking directly to other people in it (like party chat for in the dungeon/party with other players. I think the actual term for it is Free Company if I recall correctly, but they function like guilds in other mmo's so they'll be referred to as that a lot.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I'm assuming that the gladiator guild is for the gladiator quests.

There are guilds that you can join with other players in them (no quests relating to them), that have some other features. Stuff like guild buffs can be activated (bonus battle exp, bonus gathering/crafting exp, etc.) [2 at a time max, have to be reactivated every 24 hours. I want to say 10% bonus, but I can't remember off the top of my head], guild house (that you can buy a room in or you can get one in the apartment buildings if you don't want to try for a private house) and then a chat option for talking directly to other people in it (like party chat for in the dungeon/party with other players. I think the actual term for it is Free Company if I recall correctly, but they function like guilds in other mmo's so they'll be referred to as that a lot.

ahh yes! A free company actually invited me in on my first day and since I didn’t know what the hell it was, I ignored it. Thanks for making sense of it

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Decided to start leveling up a few classes that I've been wanting to play. Just finished up White Mage (Was already at 78 :laugh:) and now I'm starting with Lancer/Dragoon. It's been a class I've wanted to have at max level for quite a while, but never have leveled it up at all yet. Paladin might be next on the list. I have yet to touch any of the tanks, but I've decided, what the hell, why not.

Same goes with all of my crafting and gathering ones. I want to get everything up to 80 before Endwalker arrives. Which I will have plenty of time to achieve though.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Update: Just hit level 41 with my Paladin at just around 30 hours played while focusing mainly on MSQ stuff. Haven’t found an FC yet but have had some good help from randoms along the way. Getting the hang of tanking in dungeons as well, usually if it’s a new dungeon I let them know I’m unfamiliar and let someone lead while I’m the first one into the mobs. I’m enjoying this game more and more each time I play it.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
New 7.0 name was just Dropped.

Dawntrail.
Tropical area where we head to a western continent.

Also, FF14 is coming to the Xbox.
Phil Spencer is on stage.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad