Prospect Info: Filip Hållander

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Hopefully we can convince him to focus on improving his faceoffs and penalty killing.

He does that and brings an average 20-30 points he would be the perfect piece for us.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I had Hallander ahead of Durzi in 2018. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people did around here.
I did. I wouldn’t have taken Durzi until somewhere in the 4-7 range to be honest. Dubas did much better in a similar spot the next year though.

Reactions: Smif

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I had Hallander ahead of Durzi in 2018. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people did around here.
I absolutely despised the Durzi pick at the time and still do. Thankfully we turned it into Muzzin.

I wanted Akil Thomas or Calen Addison with that pick and I believe those were the two players that ended up sandwhiching the Durzi pick.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Does he jump past Brooks on our centre depth chart?

I'm going to say no, he was a centre in Jr, but when he jumped up to Svenska they put him on the wing, Brooks on the other hand stayed in the middle as he had the two way game already and a playmakers mindset

there's a reason for it, maybe it's his just average skating abilities, his defensive awareness or not having the playmaker mentality that's necessary in a centre that's not named Matthews

Reactions: The Iceman

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Just a tidbit for what its worth - he played in the Allsvenskan division.

The Allsvenskan is the second division in Swedish Hockey. Looks like his team Timra is getting promoted to the SHL (1st division) next year though.

He sounds decent from the profiles I've read, but honestly, so hard to know definitively I'd think.

And, for what this is worth as well, the above description (post #7) is the 2nd profile that has mentioned he is not a fast skater - not vital, just a fwiw.

Last edited:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I absolutely despised the Durzi pick at the time and still do. Thankfully we turned it into Muzzin.

I wanted Akil Thomas or Calen Addison with that pick and I believe those were the two players that ended up sandwhiching the Durzi pick.

Yeah. Those were not only my two favourites for the 2nd round when the pick was coming, but I had them rated over Sandin (who I had 20th). I was refreshing my phone like crazy begging Thomas to drop to us. Friggin LA.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Yeah. Those were not only my two favourites for the 2nd round when the pick was coming, but I had them rated over Sandin (who I had 20th). I was refreshing my phone like crazy begging Thomas to drop to us. Friggin LA.
Yeah - Thomas would have been a nice add to this forward prospect group. A different type of forward than most of our forwards. Would have been nice but I guess if we do that we don't get Muzzin? I still find it so strange that LA was interested in Durzi at all.

Reactions: kb and Morgs

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Just a tidbit for what its worth - he played in the Allsvenskan division.

The Allsvenskan is the second division in Swedish Hockey. Looks like his team Timra is getting promoted to the SHL (1st division) next year though.
He has played the last two seasons in the SHL. First one was really good second one he got hurt early and then I didn't notice him much (don't follow his team).

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
He has played the last two seasons in the SHL. First one was really good second one he got hurt early and then I didn't notice him much (don't follow his team).
Are you calling the Allsvenskan the SHL as well?

It could be the source I'm using for this info which is:

Filip Hallander Scouting Report: 2018 NHL Draft #49 - Last Word on Hockey

I think the article (linked above) is dated (2018), so that's probably the problem. I didn't realize this until just now as I just reread the article.

If so (seems likely), thanks for catching this.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Are you calling the Allsvenskan the SHL as well?

It could be the source I'm using for this info which is:

Filip Hallander Scouting Report: 2018 NHL Draft #49 - Last Word on Hockey

I think the article (linked above) is dated (2018), so that's probably the problem. I didn't realize this until just now as I just reread the article.

If so (seems likely), thanks for catching this.
Yeah that was correct back in 2018. You can see stats after that here: Filip Hållander at eliteprospects.com

turbine

Jan 5, 2006
Greetings to our new Nordic God. In Leaf land you will be anointed as a premier prospect and Future Watch 2021 darling.

Reactions: Matte99

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Not looking for superstars. Just good old fashioned hard work from start through playoffs.

Reactions: weems

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014

NHLe is far from a perfect measure of prospect success, but the fact that Hallander has outproduced Kapanen at every single year of development so far is encouraging for sure.

Reactions: qqaz and Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad