Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Right, but why would Ramsay do this when it was OBVIOUS that Drury wanted a tight ship?

Again, he threw his career away himself by being a f***ing moron, it sounds like. I'd rather not think he was an idiot and more that he just didn't respect Drury or something, lol
If you want the why, ask him.
We’re just working off reports and assumptions.
He didn’t throw his career away, he’s working for mtl.
You seem to be hung up on the why. And no one here is gonna be able to give you that insight, nor does it really matter.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
If you want the why, ask him.
We’re just working off reports and assumptions.
He didn’t throw his career away, he’s working for mtl.
You seem to be hung up on the why. And no one here is gonna be able to give you that insight, nor does it really matter.
So they set it all up in order to move on to Montreal.. Montreal typical 😆

Last edited:

trueblue30nyr

Jan 31, 2011
Manhattan
Game speed is reached playing in games

He hasn't played in months and this is a very condensed schedule. He should get as much practice as possible to get the rust off. Last that we know, he wasn't even doing line rushes yet.

We can agree to disagree, but I wouldn't be rushing to put him in this series. Assuming the Rangers wrap this series early and some others go 7, that gives him ample time to continue to prepare.

Reactions: maris

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If you've got a winning formula you keep going with that. Wennberg/Kakko/Cuylle is our third line. Wennberg might not have the offense that Filip does but he's got a solid two way game, can skate and move the puck well and if the 4th line keeps playing the way they did the other night then you don't change them out either.

I think it's nice that Filip's practicing with the team and looks like he's got beyond the injury finally but where his game shape is is ? who knows. it's good to have him as an option though and injuries become more and more likely the deeper you go into the playoffs so there's a decent chance he'll get a chance if we do go deep.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If you've got a winning formula you keep going with that. Wennberg/Kakko/Cuylle is our third line. Wennberg might not have the offense that Filip does but he's got a solid two way game, can skate and move the puck well and if the 4th line keeps playing the way they did the other night then you don't change them out either.

I think it's nice that Filip's practicing with the team and looks like he's got beyond the injury finally but where his game shape is is ? who knows. it's good to have him as an option though and injuries become more and more likely the deeper you go into the playoffs so there's a decent chance he'll get a chance if we do go deep.
That’s the reason you asses in a legit practice. The rangers under Lavi have hard practices.
Also people act like profession athletes can’t condition themselves.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Right, but why would Ramsay do this when it was OBVIOUS that Drury wanted a tight ship?

Again, he threw his career away himself by being a f***ing moron, it sounds like. I'd rather not think he was an idiot and more that he just didn't respect Drury or something, lol.
Longevity with an organization will make people take things got granted and think they are untouchable.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
What was the argument anyone know?

Where are you getting this from?
If I remember right there was an argument about deployment of players in the series that boiled over after that loss. There was speculation that it had to do with disagreements they had all year about the use of analytics to help with strategy and deployment. Turk game with a rep of not caring for analytics but I think Drury believed he would be more open to their use this time around. Turk was horrible at adjusting to other teams and a lot of it had to do with his unwillingness to adapt beyond what he thought based on what was in front of him

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
If I remember right there was an argument about deployment of players in the series that boiled over after that loss. There was speculation that it had to do with disagreements they had all year about the use of analytics to help with strategy and deployment. Turk game with a rep of not caring for analytics but I think Drury believed he would be more open to their use this time around. Turk was horrible at adjusting to other teams and a lot of it had to do with his unwillingness to adapt beyond what he thought based on what was in front of him
Where did ramsey come in there? lol

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Are the rangers even practicing. I’m so curious how this is gonna play out with him
I could see them holding him out until the Canes series. His speed and skill will be needed and the Canes aren't as physical as the Caps. He played really well against them two years ago.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
honestly as the Presidents Trophy winning club, and adding a bona-fide top 6 center/forward onto our club, you would think we have to win...but then again with so much parity and Vegas up to their shenanigans who knows. I'm predicting Vegas NYR

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
honestly as the Presidents Trophy winning club, and adding a bona-fide top 6 center/forward onto our club, you would think we have to win...but then again with so much parity and Vegas up to their shenanigans who knows. I'm predicting Vegas NYR
That would be huge as they are my two heaviest tickets to win it all! I would walk away with a nice payday.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
No reason to scratch Wennberg, so thats not it.

A Goody-Wennberg-Vesey 4th would probably be a very effective matchup line

I'd worry about messing with the chemistry of that third line, specifically Kakko and Wennberg.

Id rather see something like Chytil-Wennberg-Kakko & Cuylle-Goodrow-Vesey than above, but anything that features Chytil in the lineup would be amazing, if hes ready.

But honestly in fear of messing with a winning lineup id wait to game 4 if this series goes to 3-0 or even 2-1 after a loss to shake things up.

Re: the 4th - Goodrow is about 10% better on draws than Wennberg, but i have a feeling they arent in love with Goodrow elsewhere up the middle. Plan to see Goodrow take draws and Wennberg and him switch once the puck drops if and when that becomes the lineup

Last edited:

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I feel like we might need a bouncer. There is going to be some post-Oshie shenanigans in game 3. My, how our Breadman has grown since "the letter" days
You need Rempe to go after their guys the moment Wilson gets fresh with ours.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
into a series with the Canes? You thought they were gonna get bounced in the first round....now you are thinking we actually make it to the 2nd round? Must be a festivus miracle...
I think you might have the wrong guy. I absolutely did not think they were going to get bounced in the first round.

I did say that I'm surprised the team won the president's trophy as I do believe they have a lot of flaws. But so does every team and that's just life with a parity/salary capped NHL. I still don't think we're going to win the cup, but 100% expected us to beat (and probably quickly) Washington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad