Pre-Game Talk: Fievel goes west: 10/16 Sabres (5-0-1) @ Anaheim (4-2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I'll be there! Very psyched. Hope they can keep it rolling. I hate that their only west coast swing is so early in the year. I'm going tonight and tomorrow night. I miss the days when they used to come out here twice.

Interesting they have Guhle, Deslauriers, Derek Grant and Ryan Miller.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Are the Ducks much improved roster wise or are they just playing better hockey under Dallas Eakins?

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Are the Ducks much improved roster wise or are they just playing better hockey under Dallas Eakins?

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
They have the best goalie in the game. I'm sure they're playing better than under Carlyle, but he keeps them in just about every game.

I fear that we'll struggle to score on him, yet I felt the same way about Bishop on Monday, so we'll see.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Roster hasn't changed all that much since last year, so I think it's mostly coaching. Having Kase healthy definitely helps, also. Gibson is a good enough goalie that a little added goal support goes a long way.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That hockey guy on youtube says they are playing the trap.
From one trap to the next. Hopefully we shit on them and their boring ass philosophy like we did Dallas. This coaching style needs to be destroyed, and the only way to do that is continously curb stomping teams that employ it. Unfortunately, it's here to stay because it gives not-so-talented teams a chance to win.

Reactions: Onry

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Game at 1030.

Bed after 1am probably.

Wake up at 5am.

Not looking forward to it
Nap before game, my friend. ;)

Question, how many games do you expect Hutton to start this season? Is Ulmark good enough to split games like 50%? Or is he only going to do back to backs mostly?
Sabres need to understand Ullmark's longer-term value and potential before this off-season's RFA negotiations, and there's no reason to believe Sabres view Hutton as an essential part of the team after next season's contract expires, nor as a heavy-workload starter, so my belief is Hutton this season plays somewhere between 46 and 56 games. Others may feel differently.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
About time for a nice west coast swing!

I dont usually see the EST games in entirety. When I'm lucky I usually only miss the first period but my life and work in Alberta don't jive with 5pm starts.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Sigh... the west coast trip. We meet again.

With as early as I'm up every morning, I can barely finish the regular 7-7:30pm games without risking cutting into my night (where I usually sleep like crap anyways but I digress). The west coast trip is basically just a week or so of no Sabres hockey for me. :laugh: So soon after the offseason finally ended, smh.

If I can dodge scores and highlights until I get home from work the following day, I'll try and catch the games somehow... but most likely just read through the GBU's and watch highlights and call it a day.

Go Sabres!
Check PM

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Same roster, better system. Anaheim struggles mightily with scoring, particularly on the PP where we've yet to score HAHA.

The positives: Gibson is his usual self; Fowler looks much more engaged and free to rove around in the offense zone; Lindholm and Manson have been reunited in a shutdown capacity; Grant-Rowney pairing on the fourth line.

The negatives: rookies are snake bitten; not enough finishers; Getzlaf looks gassed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Question, how many games do you expect Hutton to start this season? Is Ulmark good enough to split games like 50%? Or is he only going to do back to backs mostly?

Probably be about 50-30 unless Hutton has a meltdown like he did last year or Ullmark has a meltdown like he did last year. So... yeah. Your old tender coach seems like he's got them both a lot calmer, and a lot more square to shooters so far this year. Hopefully the team defense not allowing constant back post plays and blowing assignments constantly will help them stay focused.

Reactions: Dubi Doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad