Confirmed with Link: Fiala to LA for Brock Faber and '22 1st

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Faber and LA's 1st is exactly as "whatever" as I figured a deal with LA would be.

Better than some of the worst case scenarios, I guess.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
what were the offers from NJ and OTT if they were the front runners and then it comes out to be LA? we were asking too much?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Probably not as good as I hoped but definitely not as bad as it could've gone for a trade imo. I like Faber personally. Is that 5 picks now in the top 3 rounds?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think this is the best win win for Minnesota. LA is looking to compete now. Minnesota shores up their right side with a guy from their home town and gets a top 20 pick.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Funny. I don’t know what you call it. Maybe it’s maturation. Maybe it’s loss of hope. But, when we did Granlund for Fiala, I was furious. Now, I should be furious, but it was too expected.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Funny. I don’t know what you call it. Maybe it’s maturation. Maybe it’s loss of hope. But, when we did Granlund for Fiala, I was furious. Now, I should be furious, but it was too expected.

I was hoping we could at least get some offense back in a deal, but you know how that saying goes, hope is the enemy of happiness, or something like that.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I actually really like Faber but would have still preferred Holtz as a better replacement for Fiala, and unless the Wild package their 1sts to move up I don't really care too much about the pick.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Faber was listed as the third best defensive hockey prospect. Minnesota has to now have one of the best defensive pools in the NHL now.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Expected. We all could see the handwriting on this one for a long time. Everyone else in the league could, too, and it came down at the end to who could reasonably expect to sign Fiala.

Basically, this is a trade for cap space. That's all.

Now, maybe, since you have 2 firsts, you can use the LA pick, and package both of them to move up in the draft order. I could see something like that happening, and then this would look better.

Reactions: Saga of the Elk

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Currently wondering about extension talks, if Fiala basically nixed them and this is just the return for 1 guaranteed year, or if Guerin didn't care to involve them at all.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Hopefully we can get a deal on Trocheck or Strome and Rossi is the real deal quickly. I guess maybe give Jost top 6 minutes? Idk, need a vet with Boldy/Rossi, would be nice to have a Trocheck with them to alleviate pressure on Rossi to have to be a stud center right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad