FHL Cape Cod Bluefins relocate to Central New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanka

Dec 25, 2011
After reading all the posts on the FHL, I think we can all surmise that this league is nothing more than a glorified beer league.

Terrible management and abysmal ownership is just the beginning of the train wreck that is the FHL.

The league will continue to crutch along providing some idiot is willing to shell out money. I have no idea why anyone would want to invest in this league besides using the league to cover up some criminal activity. Maybe the FHL is a great way to money launder?

lennysundahl

Dec 21, 2006
Huntington, WV
After reading all the posts on the FHL, I think we can all surmise that this league is nothing more than a glorified beer league.

Terrible management and abysmal ownership is just the beginning of the train wreck that is the FHL.

The league will continue to crutch along providing some idiot is willing to shell out money. I have no idea why anyone would want to invest in this league besides using the league to cover up some criminal activity. Maybe the FHL is a great way to money launder?
Given that a third of the league(at least) is bankrolled by Barry Soskin, you might be on to something...

Kanka

Dec 25, 2011
I haven't seen this posted, but saw this news article, just had to share it.
http://www.newstimes.com/sports/article/Whalers-rout-wounded-Bluefins-4117313.php

Whalers rout wounded Bluefins
The nameless, generic-looking hockey sweaters were emblazoned diagonally, from shoulder to hip, with the word "Blues" -- an appropriate and familiar tune for the Federal Hockey League.
Another FHL franchise, the Cape Cod Bluefins, found itself overextended financially this week, forcing a mid-season suspension of its operations. And just as was the fate of the Vermont Wild last year, the remnants of the Cape Cod franchise will continue to play in official -- and expectedly ugly -- games, like the one it lost 13-3 to the Danbury Whalers in front of a crowd of about 500 at the Danbury Arena Thursday night.
Surprising low attendance for Danbury, especially when the boxscore on Pointsteak lists the attendance at 1,389.

Wease

Apr 14, 2007
Powell, OH
New York loses 12-3 and 12-1 to Dayton this weekend, further evidence that the New York team is full of beer leaguers and not professionals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad