Fertitta : " Hockey struggles south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and it's a fact"

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The article said they have been cutting costs since the summer and they have one of the best players in the league and a still useful Chris Paul if they where willing to take on money they chould get someone like Mike Conley all the Houston nhl hopeful’s act like the rockets owner whould want to buy the yotes and be okay with losing money for many years just to put a nhl team in Houston

Ah yes, they definitely should've traded for Conley and had two point guards making $30 million each. Again, they are basically cutting salary at the fringes at the roster for players that do not matter. If you were an owner would you rather trade players that aren't going to play and save millions of dollars or keep players that aren't going to play and pay millions more than they're worth because keeping them means you have to pay the luxury tax? This has no impact on Houston getting an NHL team or whether or not Fertitta does or doesn't want one.

Reactions: MikeCubs

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Houston Rockets roster moves in relation to Mr. Fertitta's expressed interest in an NHL franchise ranks up there with planespotting, imo.

Although, if you really wanted to cram this all down the rabbit hole, one could see these moves as a measure of preparing for a relocated franchise :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Although, if you really wanted to cram this all down the rabbit hole, one could see these moves as a measure of preparing for a relocated franchise :sarcasm:

If there's a symptom that you've been hanging around here too long....:laugh:

Fertitta: "I need to save money, because I know I'm about to lose more money" :naughty:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Houston Rockets roster moves in relation to Mr. Fertitta's expressed interest in an NHL franchise ranks up there with planespotting, imo.

Although, if you really wanted to cram this all down the rabbit hole, one could see these moves as a measure of preparing for a relocated franchise :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

SARGE!!!!

You just saved us from at least a dozen more threads worth of plot twisting.

I like a guy who just cuts through the bull cookies and spells it out. :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad