TV: Fear The Walking Dead

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So a Zombie fell on that door so hard it broke the lock, but not hard enough that it didn't smash and it's guts go everywhere?

Reactions: tacogeoff

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
That was one of the better episodes this season IMO. At least the threat of a new Savior storyline is gone.

So Morgan is going back home to see Rick die...

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I’m done. I tried. I give up. This is too bad.

This show is moving towards nothing. There is no goal, no direction. More wallowing about what the world is now and what it used to be. I just don’t care about this anymore.

Reactions: Danko

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I’m done. I tried. I give up. This is too bad.

This show is moving towards nothing. There is no goal, no direction. More wallowing about what the world is now and what it used to be. I just don’t care about this anymore.
I loved season 3, so it's crushing what they have done to destroy the show since then.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I wish I knew what the writers plan is because I don't have a clue.
Doesn't matter as I'm not watching it anymore, and it seems like I'm not alone in that as their ratings have dropped off a cliff. I'm not even sure they watched seasons 1-3 with the stuff they did with the established characters in season 4.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Doesn't matter as I'm not watching it anymore, and it seems like I'm not alone in that as their ratings have dropped off a cliff. I'm not even sure they watched seasons 1-3 with the stuff they did with the established characters in season 4.

There were a few bright spots in season 3 but even those bright spots had no direction. Characters doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff isn't interesting even if the acting is good.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There were a few bright spots in season 3 but even those bright spots had no direction. Characters doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff isn't interesting even if the acting is good.
No direction in season 3? It had the entire ranch arc and the dam arc. It was full of character development for both the established characters and the new ones they introduced.

Reactions: Danko

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
No direction in season 3? It had the entire ranch arc and the dam arc. It was full of character development for both the established characters and the new ones they introduced.

I'll rephrase, there was more direction in season 3 (compared to 1&2 and especially 4) but in hindsight it should have been easy to see they were building it up just to knock it all down. The ranch was unsustainable and the dam was a plot device for the characters. Where I saw direction was in the Proctors and their claims of an empire spanning from Baja to Texas. I wanted to see more of that, but instead did a time skip and completely forgot about them. Same goes for Taka and his crew.

I have no interest in a Walking Dead anymore that is just about people trying to survive in the state of nature. I want to see civilization and the rebuild in the apocalypse. Clearly neither show is going to give that to me.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
So Morgan is going back home to see Rick die...

I would LOL if he gets there a minute too late. Similar to what happened the last time - Rick killed the abusive husband and then Morgan shows up seconds later.

As for Sundays FTWD episode - it was awesome - it had Alicia in it - it could be 60-68 minutes whatever of Alicia reading phone numbers and it would still be awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Night King

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Has anyone watched Season 5?

I’ve watched episode 1 recently, but otherwise, haven’t.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Just finished season 5 and all I can say is I'm glad it's finally over. I can't see myself continuing to watch this show. The 2nd half of the season in particular was some of the most boring garbage I've ever seen. And of course they end it with a cliffhanger. Gimple is awful.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I dropped this show midway through the season. Just couldn't continue on anymore.

Still sticking with TWD...for now.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Just started watching, soon in the middle of season 2. Will it get better or worse from here? This far it is not very exciting. They seemed to have already learned the things it took years for TWD people to learn (disguise yourself as Zombies, how to kill, strengths and weaknesses, fortification) and there are barely any zombies and all other enemies are kinda meek...

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Trying to watch this show, soon at the end of the second season. I am struck by how few californians Spanish. Is it like that in real life? That mostly no one who doesn't need it for work or has Spanish speaking parents or such barely speaks a word?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
If I remember correctly, I thought that the first half was pretty decent, but then it turned to total nonsense.
I am in the first half. It's all back and forth timewise and so much makes so little sense. I understand why they had to bring someone over when the only two characters they let have development are killed off..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad