OT: Favorite burger place in Arizona

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I was very underwhelmed by Smashburger. Whataburger is pure goodness though. Havent tried Shake Shack though. Aioli Burger is really good too

Agreed on smash burger. It wasn't bad, but I didn't get the big deal.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
What about Shake Shack, Whataburger or Smashburger?

Smashburger 30 min drive. The other 2 not in my neighborhood.

I've had whataburger...don't understand the hype.

Never been to shake shack

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Unrelated comment, but I heard in n out pays well. Minimum pay $11 per hr with health and 401k benefits...store managers make $120k

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Unrelated comment, but I heard in n out pays well. Minimum pay $11 per hr with health and 401k benefits...store managers make $120k

Probably big discounts on burgers too :laugh:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This is absolutely true, In N Out pays extremely well and is one of those places where you really can work your way up the chain and end up making an extremely nice wage. They have a lot higher standards though and rightfully so. I love businesses like that!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

If I could pick any single fast food franchise location in Arizona I want to own it's the In N Out on Rural just north of ASU Tempe campus.

The amount of business they run through there is staggering. I've been there several times in the afternoon or evening and it's normal to see 30+ cars lined up for the drive through and congested parking. Tried parking and going inside one time to see if that was quicker then the drive-thru and the inside wait line was 30+ people as well.

Just insane how much volume they must be doing there.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Good luck. In-n-Out does not sell franchises.

You have better odds of getting hitched to the owner. She's 35 and been married four times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynsi_Snyder

Yeah, I know they don't sell franchises, doesn't mean I wouldn't love to own that place.

2nd choice would be to setup a White Castle next to ASU campus, but I don't believe White Castle franchises either.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
If I could pick any single fast food franchise location in Arizona I want to own it's the In N Out on Rural just north of ASU Tempe campus.

The amount of business they run through there is staggering. I've been there several times in the afternoon or evening and it's normal to see 30+ cars lined up for the drive through and congested parking. Tried parking and going inside one time to see if that was quicker then the drive-thru and the inside wait line was 30+ people as well.

Just insane how much volume they must be doing there.

There's one on Camelback just east of the Loop 101 south of the arena and UoP. Used to live walking distance from it. You can drive by there at 11pm at night and the drive through line wraps around their lot. Even though it's a PITA to get into the strip mall it sits in.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
There's one on Camelback just east of the Loop 101 south of the arena and UoP. Used to live walking distance from it. You can drive by there at 11pm at night and the drive through line wraps around their lot. Even though it's a PITA to get into the strip mall it sits in.

It's the same story at the one by Arrowhead, the one by Kierland, and the one down in Avondale. People just love this dang franchise and its food. :D

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It's the same story at the one by Arrowhead, the one by Kierland, and the one down in Avondale. People just love this dang franchise and its food. :D

Lots of SoCal transplants here in AZ is a big reason why. But it's caught on with others since. It's a simple menu... priced decent and it's consistent. You know what you're getting.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Stop through that one on my way to work sometimes.
Even though that one is busy compared to normal fast food, it's the easiest In N Out to get food quickly compared to some of the other locations by malls and such.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Stop through that one on my way to work sometimes.
Even though that one is busy compared to normal fast food, it's the easiest In N Out to get food quickly compared to some of the other locations by malls and such.

The one at Alma School and the 60 (right by Fiesta Mall) was actually surprisingly quiet on weeknights after about 8 p.m. (or so, basically after the dinner rush). A friend of mine used to go there after a class we had at MCC from 7-9 p.m. and a few times we were the only customers there.

I also once went there on a Saturday at 12:30 p.m. I spent over an hour to wait in line, order, sit down, and eat.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Yeah, I know they don't sell franchises, doesn't mean I wouldn't love to own that place.

2nd choice would be to setup a White Castle next to ASU campus, but I don't believe White Castle franchises either.

Walburgers maybe? I never had them but I hear they're really catching on and maybe you could be the 1st to own such a franchise in Arizona.

https://www.wahlburgersrestaurant.com/

Menu https://www.wahlburgersrestaurant.com/food-menu/ and for drinks https://www.wahlburgersrestaurant.com/drink-menu/

There's even a reality show about this place on A&E featuring the Mark, Donnie, and Paul Wahlberg
http://www.aetv.com/shows/wahlburgers

Last edited:

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I hate to say it, but my usual burger spot is...Red Robin.

I do like the selection of burgers at casual restaurant prices. If anybody knows a similar restaurant that's a local product in the East Valley, please quote me and let me know.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
The best burger in Phoenix is at Dick's Hideaway in Central Phoenix. 16th st and Bethany Home. They don't have a sign but it's right next to Luci's. Tell me you've had a better burger after that experience.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
My Dad's family is from SoCal, so I was exposed to In-N-Out at a very early age in the 90s. I'm not the biggest fan of their fries, but a Double Double w/ whole grilled onions has been my go to fast food burger for over 20 years. Also a fan of Fuddruckers - fresh produce bar and their cheese sauce is one of those things so good it should be illegal.

Shake Shack burgers are good but overpriced. Not a fan of Five Guys burgers but their fries are among the best in the biz.

Reactions: Jakey53

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Also a fan of Fuddruckers - fresh produce bar and their cheese sauce is one of those things so good it should be illegal.

Wow, I haven't thought of those guys in years. 10-15 years ago I worked across the street from the one at MetroCenter, and discovered that an ostrich burger is a lot better than you might think (although they apparently no longer sell them :( ). I figured the one in south Tempe had probably gone out of business, but I just looked and nope, they're still there. Hmmm....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad