fashion..how do u wear ur stuff

xeric716x

Born To Expire
Jun 20, 2006
New Jack City
www.facebook.com
A lot of rec leaguers and pickup players don't rock shoulder pads. I think that's a dislocation waiting to happen, but to each his own.

I never tuck the jersey, and I like my socks/shinguards over the skate tongues.

i can say from experience that wearing shoulder pad or not, if you get hit the right right or go into the boards the right way you will damage your shoulder. i separated my shoulder last Feb but losing a edge and going into the end boards and i was wearing shoulder pads.

KariyaIsGod*

k bender, who do u play ministicks for? i'm sure you're a future hall of famer, since you're such a herrrrrrooo around here.

What's with all of the hero comments?

You are the one who tries to look like the superstar...

Unless you are on hockeydb, you're a nobody just like the rest of us...

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
LOL this thread is a riot.

Over the years I have tried to work my own style. I wear what's comfortable and wear it so it is comfortable.

First, everythingis black (gloves, helemt, pants, and socks...no stripes either). Black goes with everything and it's easy enough to find black gear.

I like big jerseys, but not for the look. I like to be able to move around. If it's really warm I'll pull the back of my jersey up over the back of my pants just to let a little air in, but I don't tuck.

No ones looking at your laces or the zippers on your pants if you're making plays. :D

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
Socks and shins over the skate tongue with the back of my skate uncovered. I tuck my jersey into my elbow pads. I do it for comfort not looks.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
I guess you might describe my look as "retro" I don't tuck in the jersey, the skate tounge of my 12 year old skates are on the outside and I wouldn't be caught dead with colored laces. If I could find high cuff gloves I'd wear them too. In fact if I take many more shots off the feet I'm going to go on the lookout for some Lange's

My kids are the opposite. Tuck the sweater, tuck the tounges, only shiny expensive composite sticks will do.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What are Bure's flaps?

I tuck my jersey in, and I pull my socks down over my skates because it looks cool, but everything else is for performance only.

I think I'm going to try leaving my tendon guard exposed though, for more forward-flex.

Last edited:

Transported Upstater

I wear pants that give me a tight *** and show my manly features off for all the hot chicks to see. Gives them a sneak preview, if you know what I mean.

Form fitted jersey is a musc so you can make out each ripple of muscle on my body, obviously.

I put white out all over my skates to... white them out. White is the new black. Pink laces so my skates look like ice creams with diamond encrusted blades to match my chains.

My stick is platinum plated and I use aluminum work tape for the blade and butt end.

*fap fap fap fap fap fap...*

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
when u bend the tongues outward ala alexi kovalev.

and to the guy who made the comment about being or hockeydb.com or what- where do you live? you're sadly mistaken, plenty beauty leagues i.e. junior b that have 10x more talent than some of those leagues listed aren't listened on the db. thats Pejorative Slured, as well high school stats aren't listed in there and thats a beauty league as well.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
and to the guy who made the comment about being or hockeydb.com or what- where do you live? you're sadly mistaken, plenty beauty leagues i.e. junior b that have 10x more talent than some of those leagues listed aren't listened on the db. thats Pejorative Slured, as well high school stats aren't listed in there and thats a beauty league as well.

:dunno: Can someone translate this?

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
someone said "if you're not on hockeydb then beat it" . i said hockey db doesn't list stats from some great leagues like canadian junior b leagues. it lists some horrible american leagues, but not junior b or even c that would probably murder most competetive leagues in the states. so being on hockey db doesn't mean you dont play in some highly competetive leagues.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
someone said "if you're not on hockeydb then beat it" . i said hockey db doesn't list stats from some great leagues like canadian junior b leagues. it lists some horrible american leagues, but not junior b or even c that would probably murder most competetive leagues in the states. so being on hockey db doesn't mean you dont play in some highly competetive leagues.

Ralph lists pretty much whatever people send him. If you're upset that "horrible American leagues" are on there, then SEND HIM THE STATISTICS YOU HAVE FOR THE CANADIAN LEAGUES. It's that simple.

It's like people *****ing about my page not having some obscure goaltender on it - if people ask, I'll usually add the goaltender.

Of course, it's a lot easier to ***** and moan on a message board than actually doing something about it.

And I'd love to hear which "horrible American leagues" you're referring to, but we'd probably just end up finding out what a xenophobe you are. So forget it.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
no sir, i played triple A, thats a LOT more competetive that saturday night roller hockey, dontcha think? i mite play varsity for my university as wel, that'd put me on hockeydb if i make it?

do you even play ice hockey?

Transported Upstater

no sir, i played triple A, thats a LOT more competetive that saturday night roller hockey, dontcha think? i mite play varsity for my university as wel, that'd put me on hockeydb if i make it?

do you even play ice hockey?

He doesn't do midget stats.

You'll see Jr. A, you'll see B every once in a while, but rarely any level lower.

Of course CHL and NCAA stats are kept meticulously. If you play for your school and it is a reasonably well-known one, it will probably be on there.

Like me: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=6445

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
I guess the only thing that's very noticeable about me is my wrists/forearms are exposed because I like wearing small gloves and I push my sleeves up without really noticing it. Soooo dangerous.

Oh yeah and I must have a weird head shape, my helmet rides down on my eyebrows a la Souray sometimes but not as low.

KariyaIsGod*

I don't care about murdering leagues in the states. Junior B is nothing special. I'm Canadian by the way so I know exactly what level of hockey you are talking about.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
Of course CHL and NCAA stats are kept meticulously. If you play for your school and it is a reasonably well-known one, it will probably be on there.

Like me: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=6445

Awesome season in 80-81 and you made it into the top 2% W.Wide. :clap:

Doug "The Mad Kobold" , remind me to never engage in debate with you, esp in mathematics.

" "Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself.
Mankind. Basically, it's made up of two separate words---"mank" and "ind".
What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind."
- Deep Thought, Jack Handey "

very interesting "leg work" in looking you up. pretty cool stuff. I have looked at your tenders home page at least a hundred times but never checked the link about yourself. Nice to catch a glimpse of the guy behind the page. Thanks for the resource.

Last edited:

RJ8812*

A lot of rec leaguers and pickup players don't rock shoulder pads. I think that's a dislocation waiting to happen, but to each his own.

I never tuck the jersey, and I like my socks/shinguards over the skate tongues.

ya, i play beer leagues now, and i wear the smallest set of shoudler pads, just so i have some pretection...i'm pretty sure they're a youth large...lol

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Doug "The Mad Kobold" , remind me to never engage in debate with you, esp in mathematics.

:)

Thanks for the kind words - I enjoy running the site a lot (even if it tends to overwhelm me at times - I still run it by myself), but the most enjoyment I get from it is knowing that others enjoy it and make use of it.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004

Transported Upstater

I was impressed with some of the names in your draft year. One guy taken after you had an ok NHL career, Chris Chelios. ;)

When I was in the OHA, teams looked at the CHL even more exclusively than they do now.

They were impressed by my stats (I did excel that year), but unfortunately, it was never to be...:cry:

EDIT: However, one good thing came out of my hockey career; I picked up a nickname: "Gerky." :biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad