Confirmed with Link: Farnham to attend camp on PTO

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Will be a good energy/competition guy for preseason. Extremely nice guy off the ice. That's about it. Don't see him lasting long enough to make it either here or Hartford. Will be good to have around the young guys though.

Remember last season when a good chunk of us thought we were going to sign Lapierre?

Good times.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Will be a good energy/competition guy for preseason. Extremely nice guy off the ice. That's about it. Don't see him lasting long enough to make it either here or Hartford. Will be good to have around the young guys though.

Remember last season when a good chunk of us thought we were going to sign Lapierre?

Good times.

Yep, the energy/competition thing hit the nail on the head. You also need warm bodies for some of the preseason games.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV gets a play-toy for preseason, just like last year.

Won't be on roster opening night.

Too many forwards to beat out for the final spot, and Gorton is moving to get younger and more skilled.

Notice that it's a PTO.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
AV gets a play-toy for preseason, just like last year.

Won't be on roster opening night.

Too many forwards to beat out for the final spot, and Gorton is moving to get younger and more skilled.

Notice that it's a PTO.

Yeah, right now, I'm leaning more towards this being Lapierre than Glass.

AV will give him top 9 minutes for three games and be the happiest man in the world, and then Gorton will step in and be like "ok Alain, time to put your binky down and let the pros play."

Hopefully.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
At least the preseason games vs the Devils have the potential to be more amusing, especially if he scores :P

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pens fan just dropping by with my two cents:

Farnham is a really entertaining player to watch, he's always up to something. He's an agitator not an enforcer or anything like that. He'll fight anyone but he's awful at it.

He surprisingly doesn't take too many stupid penalties, the suspension he got against St Louis was the exception not the rule.

He plays much bigger than his size and is actually a really good skater. He won't give you much offensively, despite getting lots of chances due to his speed. He'll draw his fair share of penalties though.

I doubt he makes the Rangers, but he's a good guy to have in the AHL. He's a good locker room guy that will run through walls for the team and do a ton of work in the community.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj

Farnham is a really entertaining player to watch, he's always up to something. He's an agitator not an enforcer or anything like that. He'll fight anyone but he's awful at it.

He surprisingly doesn't take too many stupid penalties, the suspension he got against St Louis was the exception not the rule.

He plays much bigger than his size and is actually a really good skater. He won't give you much offensively, despite getting lots of chances due to his speed. He'll draw his fair share of penalties though.

I doubt he makes the Rangers, but he's a good guy to have in the AHL. He's a good locker room guy that will run through walls for the team and do a ton of work in the community.

Ryan Hollweg 2.0

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Wolf Pack is all about doing community stuff. I see it constantly.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Fast will be on IR

from today's under-contract list:
Lias, Boo and one of Carey/Schneider
unless a young guy
(Tambo, Gropp, Chityl, Kovacs, Getts, Fontaine)
earns the last spot

Weren't Schneider and Carey acquired to address Hartford's scoring woes?

Farnham seems like a decent candidate for a 13th-14th forward spot while the kids are playing large roles in Hartford.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Apart from agitation I don't see much of a role for Farnham on the Rangers. He'd be okay in Hartford probably. He's like Avery only with 20% of Sean's skill. Not sure I'd give him more than an AHL contract. IMO Glass is the better player and a lot better fighter.

On his fighting ability--Farnham will fight practically anybody. He can't handle anyone above 6'1. A tough guy but in no way an enforcer even.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad