Confirmed with Link: Farnham to attend camp on PTO

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That looks kind of shaky. You have Miller twice instead of Nash.

CK-Zib-Zooks
Nash-JT-Buch
Vesey-Hayes-Grab
No idea-No idea-Fast

Puempel and DD

Nieves, Lettieri, and Kerfoot, if they land him, will be there for roster contentionm. Andersson too.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Puempel and DD

Nieves, Lettieri, and Kerfoot, if they land him, will be there for roster contentionm. Andersson too.

Thanks I know those are possibilities but I will have to wait and see them play for us before getting too excited by them. I'm most optimistic about Anderson and DD from the group you listed at this point before seeing them play in our jerseys.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Andersson being the 2C is as likely as John Tavares signing with the Buffalo Sabres.
Puempel

Also lol with Andersson being above Hayes. You're joking.

Hayes can get 2C minutes, Andersson plays on a line with Miller and Zuccarello. Don't want Andersson playing with Vesey and Nash or something like that. He should be playing with two of our better forwards.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That looks kind of shaky. You have Miller twice instead of Nash.

CK-Zib-Zooks
Nash-JT-Buch
Vesey-Hayes-Grab
No idea-No idea-Fast

Meant Nash on the third line.

I don't like those lines, at all. There's no reason to not have KZB play together other than AV. Grabner doesn't belong in the top 9. He's part of the problem with how AV decided the lines last season. Whether he has a fluke season or not, he doesn't deserve to take a minute of top 9 action away from anyone who projects as a top 9 forward in their NHL career. If he does great, let that be on the fourth line.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Andersson being the 2C is as likely as John Tavares signing with the Buffalo Sabres.

We talk a lot about these things, 1-3 lines, 2/3 pairing, and so forth. We don't have that distinction really. We have roles and purposes with lines, very specified.

In this equation, its perfectly possible to be a center of a line which hits the ice after the 2nd and have a bit smaller role. No PP/PK, no last minutes FOs and so forth.

My point is just -- don't stare yourself blind on if a line can be labeled as 2nd or 3rd.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
How does AV match his lines?

X - He has one line that goes up against the best of the other team.

Y - He has one line that gets the top offensive minutes.

Z - He has one line that gets the first shift that isn't the above.

4th - He has a fourth line that gets a rotational shift whenever possible.

To show how flexible that approach is, just look at how we matched lines during the cup final year compared to the year after compared to last season.

The cup run year our "No 1" line was (Kreider)-Step-Nash was the one that matched up against the best, I.e. "x" above.

The year after, our "No 1" line was Brass-Zucc, that was "Z" above. And it was our "2nd" line with Step that got the "X" role. Both these years our "3rd" got the top offensive minutes.

We then used that approch for 2 years, but last year we changed it up again. Now Hayes got a lot of the minutes in the "X" role. Our 1st for the first time got the "Y" role, i.e. Zib's line.

We have a game plan for how we rotate our lines. But that game plan is so flexible that any of the lines can get the most ice time 5 on 5. The ice time is so evenly distributed that its those special situations, last shift of a period etc, that has an impact.

So I don't really see how you can talk about 1-3 lines in this equation.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Meant Nash on the third line.

I don't like those lines, at all. There's no reason to not have KZB play together other than AV. Grabner doesn't belong in the top 9. He's part of the problem with how AV decided the lines last season. Whether he has a fluke season or not, he doesn't deserve to take a minute of top 9 action away from anyone who projects as a top 9 forward in their NHL career. If he does great, let that be on the fourth line.

Kreider and Zibs will be on our first line. PB has to prove he is worthy of being a first line player. I hope he does prove it in a overwhelming way but a first line slot should not just be given. You have said you want to lose games this season but AV and Gorton want to win games. Grabs had a very strong regular season and playoffs last season. If that was a fluke he will be demoted but at this point in time he has shown himself to be more than a 4th line player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
People are way too caught up in what line numbers players are playing on. It really shouldn't matter who plays where on the first 3 lines, after that it kind of matters because you don't want grinders messing up the games of the scoring players, but first three lines can be numbered whatever way, it doesn't really matter. You play your best players the most minutes, but what should happen is you find your best line combinations. I think any smart coach would do that instead of just ranking them 1-9 and giving designations that 1-3 play together, 4-6 play together, 7-9 play together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->