Confirmed with Link: Farnham Re-up'ed: 1 Year, 2-way Contract

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
I absolutely wanted to re-sign him for the immense entertainment value but I really hope he only gets like 15 games w/ the big club.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I guess this is the Pens answer for some toughness. lol. I love Farnham, but he won't last more than a handful of games playing the way he does

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I guess this is the Pens answer for some toughness. lol. I love Farnham, but he won't last more than a handful of games playing the way he does

Well, we have added Plotnikov partly for toughness but i can see Farnham being useful against certain teams like the Cryers. Play him against them for all games & i can see him gradually get under their skin. :laugh:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
This news makes me feel like
S2UnWyC.jpg

HELL YEAH BABY

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
The fact that you think anything other than a two way deal was a possibility says it all.

I didn't, but there are people here that think he should be a full time fixture in the bottom six.

Although he seemed to be a fan favorite and this team loves to give fans what they want... at the expense of the team.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I didn't, but there are people here that think he should be a full time fixture in the bottom six.

Although he seemed to be a fan favorite and this team loves to give fans what they want... at the expense of the team.

If that were really true, they'd have done things a lot differently over the past few years, and this summer would have already seen a few familiar faces shipped out.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Let's hope Farnham plays this year. He's exactly one of the major things this team lacked. A guy with heart who gave 110% and played every shift like it was his last.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let's hope Farnham plays this year. He's exactly one of the major things this team lacked. A guy with heart who gave 110% and played every shift like it was his last.

Yes. But I'd prefer someone who can actually play and contribute more.

So we sacrifice a spot for Vitownie.

A psycho with legs.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Guess who i want recorded next? For historical purposes of course! :laugh:

p.s. The children, they aren't allowed you see? (or hear...)

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
No problem at all with Farnham resigning! He probably will be in and out of the lineup and I am absolutely OK with that. Dumoulin and Farnham have very low cap hits and I can absolutely see Rutherford add that 4C he was talking about. Bennett won´t get a big raise too, so there will be enough space to add another player, even without a trade.

Don´t get me wrong, I would still trade Sutter and try to sign a guy like Fehr for that 3C spot. But so far so good.....now let´s find that 4C who can skate, win draws and most importantly, can kill penalties.

Last edited:

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Yes, more Farnham! Keep it coming!
At least he is fun as hell to watch on the ice, and he draw a penalty every other shift.
I don't know if he can play his crazy hockey style for 82 games, but I'd like him to share a 12th spot on the roster.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Watching In the Room on NHLN and it's an episode that features Bobby. Love this kid. He reminds me so much of Mad Max. Just a fireball of energy going all the time. He might not be able to contribute offensively, but he'll give us energy when we need it.

Onto another note, in that same episode, Martin and Letang to the Horrible Bosses "caw caw" call when someone closing in on them. Hilarious.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
PensBurgh hates this, in case you needed further confirmation that this was a good move.

Ug PensBurgh, :(

Bobby contributes by being an elite penalty (ie PP) producer. He has some value, but needs to be the 3rd wheel on a semi-talented line. There is very little actual skill behind his huge heart and incredible motor, but he will certainly show a lot of millionaires (even 8.7 ones) on this team what it means to play hard. I'm fine with him getting 20-30ish games as our 13th forward.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
He should not be a regular fixture on the 4th line, the dude is a wrecking ball on skates. He should however play in every game against Philly, and to a lesser extent, Boston.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
As usual, the reality is somewhere in the middle of the opinions here. He's not a full time NHL player, but he can be useful playing a good amount of games giving the team energy during slumps and drawing penalties.

The fact he's entertaining to watch is a nice bonus as a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad