Far Cry 6 - Release: October 7 2021

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
No you didn't, not legitimately anyway

All he did was drive off the map and it gives you that ending.

The game is massive if you do everything. I’ve been playing for 6 hours and have barely scratched the surface on one of the countries. I would suspect you can easily put in 40-50 hours if you do all the side missions and story.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The constant music in outposts and towns drives me nuts.

I love it! The soundtrack is f***ing phenomenal! I love how it changes styles in the different regions.

Does it feel any different from previous FC games or is it more or the same?

Some of the mechanics are the same (taking forts/checkpoints) but the story is just phenomenal and there’s lots of new stuff. This is such a great game! Best FC I’ve ever played.

Reactions: Jasper

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
It's good but I feel like this game is drifting more towards Just Cause.

I could really do without the crazy contraptions strapped to your back and the ridiculous animals by your side. I Much preferred having the option of having Human NPCs tag along. I'd much rather team up with a sniper than a Chihuahua in a wheelchair.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

I could really do without the crazy contraptions strapped to your back and the ridiculous animals by your side. I Much preferred having the option of having Human NPCs tag along. I'd much rather team up with a sniper than a Chihuahua in a wheelchair.
The Supremos are awesome! Tweak them and they level just about everything. And that chihuahua finds awesome resources. But the puma is the best.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002

I agree with this. I do like it, but could do without the silly companions as well, and the backpack thing is way overpowered. I'm finding it to be a bit too easy, at least at 1/3 though.

Reactions: Fandlauer

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Bought this for $20 around Xmas and got to it. It’s pretty fun. I don’t know why it catches me off guard but the sheer amount of crap they throw on the map when it opens up gives me anxiety. Doubt I finish this but bought it cheap so I’m ok with that.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Bought this for $20 around Xmas and got to it. It’s pretty fun. I don’t know why it catches me off guard but the sheer amount of crap they throw on the map when it opens up gives me anxiety. Doubt I finish this but bought it cheap so I’m ok with that.

It’s a great game and it’s friggin huge….but really fun.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
As a die hard Far Cry fan (I played every single game from FC3 to New Dawn and I loved 'em all), I'm pretty mixed feelings with this game. Per chance, I bought the physical copy for only $30 CAD.

I mean, graphics are GORGEOUS, but something is missing somewhat. Perks through equipement/gear doesn't cut it for me. I find the 'Amigos' useless. The 3rd person view in settlement/camps makes me sick.

And the game suffers the 'Fallout 76' syndrome: the game throws side quest in your face constantly. It's pretty annoying for a player like me who likes to clear a part of the map before doing a main mission in the area.

I will complete this game but this game lost the Far Cry soul by trying to be a 1st person Just Cause game.

Is this game super different in gameplay from FC5?
It's more in the veins of the New Dawn gameplay.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
As a die hard Far Cry fan (I played every single game from FC3 to New Dawn and I loved 'em all), I'm pretty mixed feelings with this game. Per chance, I bought the physical copy for only $30 CAD.

I mean, graphics are GORGEOUS, but something is missing somewhat. Perks through equipement/gear doesn't cut it for me. I find the 'Amigos' useless. The 3rd person view in settlement/camps makes me sick.

And the game suffers the 'Fallout 76' syndrome: the game throws side quest in your face constantly. It's prette annoying for a player like me who likes to clear a part of the map before doing a main mission in the area.

I will complete this game but this game lost the Far Cry soul by trying to be a 1st person Just Cause game.

I didn't play new dawn but I got this game on PC recently and it's decent. I haven't played enough to give my full verdict but so far I hate the ammo system. It makes no sense how armor piercing bullets do reduced damage against unarmored enemies.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
I didn't play new dawn but I got this game on PC recently and it's decent. I haven't played enough to give my full verdict but so far I hate the ammo system. It makes no sense how armor piercing bullets do reduced damage against unarmored enemies.
Yeah I feel you. I won't change ammo type mid combat because this foe is vulnerable to soft target rounds

Trust me, New Dawn is a nice complement to FC5 and feel's more like a Far Cry game.

I still need to beat Far Cry: New Dawn
Do it!

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

And the game suffers the 'Fallout 76' syndrome: the game throws side quest in your face constantly. It's pretty annoying for a player like me who likes to clear a part of the map before doing a main mission in the area.

Stick with it. It's a massive game. The weapons are fun once you get the different types of ammo going. I loved the gameplay but the ending (not the alternate ending in the beginning of the game)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad