OT: Fantasy League?

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I'm indifferent as to start time on Sundays but I'll echo the desire for a short time between picks.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
It shows CDT for me...

Also, was the OP able to get in?

Apparently this is an issue with Yahoo. You can't manually change your time zone (you can look at it in your preferences but you can't change it), and even though I've set my location and enabled it in my browser, it does nothing.

Jesus. This is something so simple--it's 2017 and you can't just pick a time zone...

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
If you guys leave that H2H league draft early, would anyone be interested in joining a roto espn league? I would make the draft that same day, oct 1st @7pm.

Just trying to give everyone more options. Let me know, if this perks any interest. I can throw the league together this evening.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If you guys leave that H2H league draft early, would anyone be interested in joining a roto espn league? I would make the draft that same day, oct 1st @7pm.

Just trying to give everyone more options. Let me know, if this perks any interest. I can throw the league together this evening.

I'll join both, it gives me more things to do over the winter.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016

I might be interested. Would it be counting different stats?

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I decreased the draft time per pick to :60 and then I went ahead and moved it back to 6:30pm CDT.

If you can't make it you may be able to go in and make your pre draft rankings and it should choose from those if they are available if I remember correctly.

If you have a smartphone you can also draft from your phone as long as you have the app downloaded.

We have 17 teams right now. Late round steals will be needed. LOL

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I decreased the draft time per pick to :60 and then I went ahead and moved it back to 6:30pm CDT.

If you can't make it you may be able to go in and make your pre draft rankings and it should choose from those if they are available if I remember correctly.

If you have a smartphone you can also draft from your phone as long as you have the app downloaded.

We have 17 teams right now. Late round steals will be needed. LOL

Thanks again for setting it up. Also, I had no idea you could go more than 12 teams :laugh:

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Just a reminder guys, we still need 1 team to fill er up. We had 18 but it looks like someone jumped out so we need to find someone before Sunday.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'm a little late to the party, but there was a keeper league last year that was mostly (all?) people from this board. Anyone know who ran that and whether it is getting renewed?

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I'm a little late to the party, but there was a keeper league last year that was mostly (all?) people from this board. Anyone know who ran that and whether it is getting renewed?

I was in the league that was made last year but I can’t remember who ran that one. I haven’t received a notification that it was being renewed either so maybe he forgot?

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Shoot. I'm interested if anyone backs out/the league expands/or others want to create another league.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
If we get another person to commit I could add another 2 teams to make it 20 so you can join. I am going to drop the draft time per pick to 45 seconds and if we add another 2 I can drop it to 30 seconds because realistically with 20 teams in between picks that should be more then enough time to make a selection. You guys let me know what you think is best. I’m pumped!

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If we get another person to commit I could add another 2 teams to make it 20 so you can join. I am going to drop the draft time per pick to 45 seconds and if we add another 2 I can drop it to 30 seconds because realistically with 20 teams in between picks that should be more then enough time to make a selection. You guys let me know what you think is best. I’m pumped!

I'll drop out so he can join. I have never played fantasy hockey, but my experience in other fantasy sports is that if the leagues get too big, its less fun. You don't get to play everybody multiple times in a H2H league, and some maybe not even once. Players are spread super thin, so its important to get lucky and play your scrubs when they score, which is impossible to predict which week a 20 point guy will get 2 points rather than his normal 1 point a week. 18 was seeming a little unwieldy to me already and if we are pushing it to 20, I'd just rather bow out and let someone who will enjoy it more take my spot. Good luck everyone and have fun.

Edit: TLDR, I dropped out, so feel free to join in my spot.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'll drop out so he can join. I have never played fantasy hockey, but my experience in other fantasy sports is that if the leagues get too big, its less fun. You don't get to play everybody multiple times in a H2H league, and some maybe not even once. Players are spread super thin, so its important to get lucky and play your scrubs when they score, which is impossible to predict which week a 20 point guy will get 2 points rather than his normal 1 point a week. 18 was seeming a little unwieldy to me already and if we are pushing it to 20, I'd just rather bow out and let someone who will enjoy it more take my spot. Good luck everyone and have fun.

Edit: TLDR, I dropped out, so feel free to join in my spot.

I agree with you that it's less enjoyable with a lot of teams. I started up a new league if people want to migrate over so it's not so many teams in one league. It's the exact same settings and draft time, except I changed the goalie stats to W, Sv%, GAA, and SO. Maybe we can have a league with 10 teams and the other with 8. Perhaps we can get 7 more people to move over to my league? Then it will be 10 and 8. It might be a little late, but I'll check tomorrow to see how many people join it.

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo....on?key=74438d19a744d236&ikey=6701172dedbec42c

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I agree with you that it's less enjoyable with a lot of teams. I started up a new league if people want to migrate over so it's not so many teams in one league. It's the exact same settings and draft time. Maybe we can have a league with 10 teams and the other with 8. Perhaps we can get 7 more people to move over to my league? Then it will be 10 and 8. It might be a little late, but I'll check tomorrow to see how many people join it.

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo....on?key=74438d19a744d236&ikey=6701172dedbec42c
Went ahead and joined this league to even it out. How do I go about removing my team from the first league?

Edit: figured it out

Last edited:

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Went ahead and joined this league to even it out. How do I go about removing my team from the first league?

Edit: figured it out

Yeah, if anyone is wondering, the way you delete your team (if you're wanting to move to this other league) is by clicking "My Team" then clicking the little gear next to your team logo, then scroll down and on the right side there should be an option that says "Delete team."

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I moved to the new league as well. I am wondering, having never played fantasy--is it typical to have PIM as a stat? From a theoretical standpoint I don't like it, since it's a bad stat in real life and would encourage me to draft knuckleheads like Marchand or Byfluglien higher. Would it work to use hits instead as a way to give value to physical players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad