Fantasy and lineup questions thread

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
i have dream matchups tonight for goalies. which 2 should i start?

Lundqvist vs NJ
Holtby vs Columbus
Anderson @ Florida

I would have a hard time ever not starting Lundy, so he'd be my starting point. Don't know too much about how Holtby, his Caps or the BJs have been doing, but even with Getzlaf out and that hurting his chances for a W a good bit, I think Andersen looks like the obvious call for now.

SteelFish87*

I would have a hard time ever not starting Lundy, so he'd be my starting point. Don't know too much about how Holtby, his Caps or the BJs have been doing, but even with Getzlaf out and that hurting his chances for a W a good bit, I think Andersen looks like the obvious call for now.

thanks. yeah i have to leave lundqvist in always. think im gonna go with the hot hand in Anderson over Holtby

Ducksgo*

WJC pool

Advice?

Round 1
1. Kranersmullet- Jonathan Drouin
2. Pouncebounce- Russia(Andrei Vasilevski.etc)
3.kanucks1-Elias Lindholm
4.Ducksgo- Anthony Mantha
5.pensbandwagoner- Mikael Grigorenko
6.resilientbeast-Teuvo Terrivainen
7.fedfed-Sebastian Collberg
8.finnskillz-Filip Forsberg
9.bozwel-Hunter Shinkaruk
10.sashasemin28-Pavel Buchnevich

Round 2
1. Sashasemin28- Nikita Zadorov
2. bozwel-Sweden(Oskar Dansk etc)
3. Finnskillz- Riley Barber
4. Fedfed- Alex Wennberg
5. Resilientbeast- Mcdavid
6.pensbandwagoner- Canada(Fucale etc)
7. Duckgo-USA(Gillies etc)
8. Kanucks1- Bo Horvat
9. Pouncebounce- Skip
10. Kranersmullett- Fin goalies

Round 3

1. Kranersmullet- draisatl
2. Pouncebounce- Skip
3. Kanucks1-
4. Ducksgo-
5. Pensbandwagoner-
6. Resilientbeast-
7. Fedfed-
8. Finn Skillz-
9. Bozwel-
10. Sashasemin28-

Thinking going Andreas Johnson or Ekblad
Or Kerdiles for this round in the pool. Anyone have any advice

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So once in a while i choose to bench Maatta instead of others and he decides to have a 2 point (1+1) night, +3, 2 PIM, and 2 BS

flip_the_table_png_by_nfc_by_ninetailsfoxchan-d510m6l.png

JOE_SCHMOE

Aug 26, 2003
Bonino Injury, who takes his spot on PP?

Hi there,

I'm hoping you guys might be able to shed some light as to who will likley be sliding into Bonino's spot on the top unit PP for the next bit, while he's on the shelf. He's been a god send for me this season on the PP, so I'm hopingto grab his replacement ASAP.

Cheers

JOE_SCHMOE

Aug 26, 2003
Boner to IR, who steps into his spot?

Hey guys, it looks like Bonino is going onto the IR. Hopefully it's just for a couple games before the Olympic break. Who do think will likely get the first crack at taking his spot on the PP? I figure Perreault should see an increase in minutes overall, but he's probably not going to jump up onto #1 PP unit is he?

getzforfighting*

id say after getzlaf and fowler, bonino is our next biggest loss, even over perry. tough loss regardless. hope he gets on the mend quick

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I'd say you have good instincts to try to replace Bonino's PP contribution. But I think he's surprisingly not just a passenger, but a driver on the PP. So his replacement is not that likely to just step in and score points.

I also wonder if they move Getzlaf to forward and use second defenseman on the first PP (say Lindholm, with Sbisa getting second unit time to replace Lindholm). But if not, Penner, Beleskey, or Maroon could fill the role of "puck retriever." Or if they reconfigure the roles, then it could be Selanne, Silfverberg or Perreault.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I just wanna vent for a second - playing in a 12-team partial keeper league (24 roster spots, 8 keepers), I have a ridiculous core of keepers (Malkin, Stamkos, Rinne, Miller, Chara, Pacioretty, Ryan, Voracek), but am close to missing the playoffs for a 2nd straight year. :vent: Couldn't even sell big with it being close enough. Got destroyed in goaltending and hits/blocks in last week's showdown battle for the 6th and final playoff berth.

If I don't make up 8 points (or 4 category wins in a 12-category-H2H-league) this week, the only positive this season will have gotten me is that my keeper core will have gotten even more ridiculous going forward by adding MacKinnon. Which was a joke to begin with - I drafted Drouin in our 2nd round, and MacKinnon in the 8th. But missing the playoffs in the future with Stamkos, Malkin and MacKinnon down the middle will only make the choking more laughable. :cry:

LouKesBurr

Aug 31, 2011
Sami Vatanen

What D-pairing does Vatanen play on? Does he get powerplay time? It's playoff time in my fantasy league and I'm looking to do last minute tweeks. Looking at dropping Jack Johnson or Tyson Barrie.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
What D-pairing does Vatanen play on? Does he get powerplay time? It's playoff time in my fantasy league and I'm looking to do last minute tweeks. Looking at dropping Jack Johnson or Tyson Barrie.

Right now, he's probably getting 19-20+ minutes a game. A big reason for that is Fowler is out with an MCL pull. Typically, I'd expect more around the lines of 17 minutes a game, and 2-3 minutes of that will definitely be from the PP. He plays on the 3rd pairing.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I just wanna vent for a second - playing in a 12-team partial keeper league (24 roster spots, 8 keepers), I have a ridiculous core of keepers (Malkin, Stamkos, Rinne, Miller, Chara, Pacioretty, Ryan, Voracek), but am close to missing the playoffs for a 2nd straight year. :vent: Couldn't even sell big with it being close enough. Got destroyed in goaltending and hits/blocks in last week's showdown battle for the 6th and final playoff berth.

If I don't make up 8 points (or 4 category wins in a 12-category-H2H-league) this week, the only positive this season will have gotten me is that my keeper core will have gotten even more ridiculous going forward by adding MacKinnon. Which was a joke to begin with - I drafted Drouin in our 2nd round, and MacKinnon in the 8th. But missing the playoffs in the future with Stamkos, Malkin and MacKinnon down the middle will only make the choking more laughable. :cry:

I feel your pain.

I just lost this week's semi-final matchup by one assist...after I had "won" Yahoo adjusted Roussell's stats and took an assist away from him in the middle of the night. This change caused me to tie with my adversary (5-5) and since the tiebreaker went to my opponent, I ultimately lost.

This one is going to sting for a while...one of my most heartbreaking losses ever. :laugh: :cry:

Last edited:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I have Bonino in a keeper-league and was wondering where he might fit in next season?
I'm assuming the Ducks acquire a top-line winger to play with Getz & Perry, and Bonino hasn't been centering the 2nd line for most of the season.
I'm asking this because if he's going to lose out on PP time to a free-agent or the Ducks sign more established players for the top-6 I'd rather trade him this offseason while his value is high.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have Bonino in a keeper-league and was wondering where he might fit in next season?
I'm assuming the Ducks acquire a top-line winger to play with Getz & Perry, and Bonino hasn't been centering the 2nd line for most of the season.
I'm asking this because if he's going to lose out on PP time to a free-agent or the Ducks sign more established players for the top-6 I'd rather trade him this offseason while his value is high.

I wouldn`t be so sure we will acquire top winger. But maybe we will still trade for Kesler...
In any case, Bones has been our 3d most important forward for the past 2 seasons and i just can`t see him dropping (please, no injuries).

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Bonino will stay on the PP. A FA acquisition won't affect him unless Getzlaf is moved off the point essentially.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Bonino has been replaced recently on the PP by Perreault (and it's working again). The only thing you can reliably say about the PP is that it's hard to say what exactly is going to occur with the PP.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Bonino has been replaced recently on the PP by Perreault (and it's working again). The only thing you can reliably say about the PP is that it's hard to say what exactly is going to occur with the PP.

i like MP on the PP1 more. hes a better passer than bonino and he's got more vision. when bonino is on that right wing wall he shoots like 50% of the time and thats it. i mean if he had silf's shot then fine, but he doesnt lol

WrecKed

Jun 20, 2013
Manitoba
Would love to have an input on which 3 of these rookies to keep in my fantasy league since I have to decide in a couple days! Player categories are Goals, Assists, Points, +/-, PIM, PPP, Hits and Blocks.

Huberdeau (is eligible under the rules my league follows)
Toffoli
Kuznetsov
Teravainen
Strome
Jenner

Any thoughts/suggestions would help!

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Any clarity as to whether one of the goalies has taken the lead for the #1 job?

Clarity is a bit much, but Andersen apparently looked very well, while Gibson seemed more shaky. Combined with Andersen's experience advantage, right now he seems to be the safer bet to be the 1A. But things will remain quite fluent, and I'm sure we'll see a lot of split time. Bruce likes to go with current hot hands, gut feelings, or records in certain buildings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad