Fantasy and lineup questions thread

vincent780

Aug 2, 2010
mod edit: This will be the new sticky superthread for all fantasy-related questions. So if you want to know "what do you expect out of ___" or "what line is ___ playing on" use this thread.

Hey,

I just picked up hiller in keeper league, wondering what your thoughts on how many starts he will get.

Who has looked better in preseason this far?
Who will be the starter?

Debating if I should drop hiller and pick up fasth or wait it out.

Thanks guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
...Good question. I guess both have been equally good, but I'm expecting Hiller to get more starts, but Fasth is a decent #3 fantasy goalie pickup. And if Hiller gets injured you get a free starter out of it.

vincent780

Aug 2, 2010
...Good question. I guess both have been equally good, but I'm expecting Hiller to get more starts, but Fasth is a decent #3 fantasy goalie pickup. And if Hiller gets injured you get a free starter out of it.

We only get two goalies, other one is luongo. So it's either hiller or fasth at this pt.
How have the ducks looked so far? Do you think they will be as good as they were last yr??

I'm an oil fan so hopefully they don't look as good lol..

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Hey,

I just picked up hiller in keeper league, wondering what your thoughts on how many starts he will get.

Who has looked better in preseason this far?
Who will be the starter?

Debating if I should drop hiller and pick up fasth or wait it out.

Thanks guys!!

Unless there's an injury, you're going to regret picking up either of them. They should be pretty even in games played unless one takes off or falls back. It's tough to win fantasy with a 1A or 1B goalie on your roster.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think Hiller might have a slight edge to start the year but that could change really fast.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
need your help ducks fans...
I took Kyla Palmieri in my fantasy pool as a late round selection thinking he was in the ducks top 6. I see a lot of line projections in here penciling him in a 4th line winger...
I thought he was putting up points in the top 6 last year? whats going on with this guy.
Appreciate your insight

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
I took Kyla Palmieri in my fantasy pool as a late round selection thinking he was in the ducks top 6. I see a lot of line projections in here penciling him in a 4th line winger...
I thought he was putting up points in the top 6 last year? whats going on with this guy.
Appreciate your insight
This is my personal opinion, but Boudreau didn't seem to trust him enough to give him consistant top6 minutes. Once Ducks played a mediocre game, he was always the first to get demoted to the 4th line. This is also reflected in his surprisingly low TOI.

I firmly believe he becomes a top6 winger full time this season. He should have potential to put up at least 20 goals and just as many assists. If he gets to play on the top line and the PP, I could see him getting 60 points. He has a hell of a release, and his foot speed is somewhat underrated.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Appreciate your insight

Our roster is a pretty crowded place for wingers. We know that the first idea is to get Penner to work with Getzlaf and Perry. That's why Getzlaf was in favor of bringing him back in, and that's what Boudreau wanted to and has tried. It hasn't looked great, so far, but preseason isn't much of a measuring stick. The difference between our 2nd and 4th line isn't big. It's not much of a top-6/bottom-6 scenario with the Ducks, and the time will be split a lot more evenly than with most teams, and a lot will depend on how a line's doing one night. The "2nd" line is usually mentioned as Silfverberg-Bonino-Selanne, because that's another thing that has been used the most in preseason. But as I said, the difference between our nominal 2nd and 4th lines isn't what it is with most teams.

Most importantly, Palmieri's situation could change a fair bit if Penner's not clicking on the top-line. Boudreau isn't really the most patient in terms of looking for chemistry with lines, IMO. There's going to be a lot of juggling. It's not a great situation from a fantasy POV. Lots of uncertainty on what you can expect out of him this year.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Our roster is a pretty crowded place for wingers. We know that the first idea is to get Penner to work with Getzlaf and Perry. That's why Getzlaf was in favor of bringing him back in, and that's what Boudreau wanted to and has tried. It hasn't looked great, so far, but preseason isn't much of a measuring stick. The difference between our 2nd and 4th line isn't big. It's not much of a top-6/bottom-6 scenario with the Ducks, and the time will be split a lot more evenly than with most teams, and a lot will depend on how a line's doing one night. The "2nd" line is usually mentioned as Silfverberg-Bonino-Selanne, because that's another thing that has been used the most in preseason. But as I said, the difference between our nominal 2nd and 4th lines isn't what it is with most teams.

Most importantly, Palmieri's situation could change a fair bit if Penner's not clicking on the top-line. Boudreau isn't really the most patient in terms of looking for chemistry with lines, IMO. There's going to be a lot of juggling. It's not a great situation from a fantasy POV. Lots of uncertainty on what you can expect out of him this year.

thats great thanks.
would you say that if Penner falters that Palmieri would be the first guy Boudreau throws into a bigger role? Not necessarily with Getz & Perry.
Also seems to me like Bonino might be more of a sure thing in terms of playing time/PP time
would you agree?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
thats great thanks.
would you say that if Penner falters that Palmieri would be the first guy Boudreau throws into a bigger role? Not necessarily with Getz & Perry.
Yeah, I'd guess so, but it's really tough to get a good read on what Boudreau has in mind. I'd think after Penner, it's Palmieri, then possibly Silfverberg if the 2nd line isn't doing outrageously well. Then there's another wildcard in Etem.

Also seems to me like Bonino might be more of a sure thing in terms of playing time/PP time
would you agree?
With PP time, I unfortunately can say even less. :laugh: Bonino has been used more in that regard, IIRC, but there's so many options, and the PP2-time could be relatively neglectible. Silfverberg with his release could be a more immediate candidate there, and the addition of Perreault makes that whole situation even more foggy. I'm completely feeling you, though - the Ducks are bit of a pain in the back in terms of fantasy projections these days. :)

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah, I'd guess so, but it's really tough to get a good read on what Boudreau has in mind. I'd think after Penner, it's Palmieri, then possibly Silfverberg if the 2nd line isn't doing outrageously well. Then there's another wildcard in Etem.

With PP time, I unfortunately can say even less. :laugh: Bonino has been used more in that regard, IIRC, but there's so many options, and the PP2-time could be relatively neglectible. Silfverberg with his release could be a more immediate candidate there, and the addition of Perreault makes that whole situation even more foggy. I'm completely feeling you, though - the Ducks are bit of a pain in the back in terms of fantasy projections these days. :)

gotcha. thank for your help

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Hey guys i was reading somewhere that palmieri could be on a line with getz and perry. Is that accurate? If so, his fantasy value could skyrocket.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
What kind of season do you guys expect from Vatanen and Etem? I really like what i saw from them last year.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What kind of season do you guys expect from Vatanen and Etem? I really like what i saw from them last year.

Vatanen will likely see time on the 1st PP unit and 3rd pairing minutes at ES. I'd expect 30 + points if he sticks the whole year. Etem is hurt to start the year and will likely spend most of the year in the bottom 6 with PK time. He's unlikely to see much PP time. Barring a sophomore slump or a massive breakout I'd say a safe projection is anywhere between 25 and 35 points

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Hi guys, what's up with Etem? How long will he be injured, and where do you see him slotting in when he comes back?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
We have no idea and likely won't until he's about to come back. Our team is incredibly tight lipped about injuries.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I have no idea about how long he's out, but when he comes back he might get into a rotation with other young guys between the 1st, 2nd, and 4th lines.

But there's a numbers game and he is one of the most likely to get sent down because of it just because of contract and seniority status.

I don't think he'll be on the team full-time until they make some kind of move (like ditching Penner).

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I have Silfverberg, Getz, and Selanne on my fantasy team.

What do you think are reasonable projections for each of those guys?
Silf I have no idea.

Getz I think could get 80 points. He's generally good for a little over PPG, and he'll generally miss a couple games too.

Selanne has been slowing down and BB seemed to take him off the top PP. I wouldn't expect much out of him. Maybe 35 points?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad