Status
Not open for further replies.

jb**

Primeau in the 5th overtime against the Pens at around 3 in the morning

KariyaIsGod*

Mayor of MacAppolis said:
1964 Bobby Baun!

Right...
It was Baun. I always get the two players confused in temrs of who scored the goal. But you're right, it was Baun. I've always been amazed that the guy could even stand after that. These nancy boys today wouldn't put themselves through that to get the cup...

acr*

Bobby Orr's has to be the most famous.

How about Gelinas in game 6 last year? That became pretty famous :)

Steve Smith's "goal" off Grant Fuhr to elimiante the Oilers in '86.

Denis Savard's goal where he seemingly dekes the entire Oilers team twice over before scoring.

Wayne Gretzky's empty netter for 50 in 39

Mike Bossy's one-timer for 50 in 50 where he high-steps after scoring it

Pat Lafontaine's spinaround slapper past Bob Mason to finally end the marathon 4 OT classic between the Caps and the Isles.

Eric Desjardins completes the only hat trick by a defenseman in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Claude Lemieux's overtime winner over the Whale in '86.

Wayne Gretzky's slapper over the shoulder of the helpless Mike Vernon.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
Malefic74 said:
Pat Lafontaine's spinaround slapper past Bob Mason to finally end the marathon 4 OT classic between the Caps and the Isles.

That one was the first to come to my mind. I watched every minute and I was exhausted when it was over too.

chooch*

Steelhead16 said:
That one was the first to come to my mind. I watched every minute and I was exhausted when it was over too.

Savards backhand in OT on Long John Davidson on a Lafleur feed on the play after Robinsons slapper from the blueline was not seen by the goal judge.

Lemaire's red line goal v. chicago 1971

Richards winner game 7 1971

Lafleurs game winner game 5 Finals 1978 OT - slapper from right side.

Clod Lemieux on Liut

U. V. Cruppe 1996 Cup winner.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
VanIslander said:
Even though it was against my Canucks, Yzerman's effort that night brought a tear to my eye... Okay, I admit it. I blubbered like a baby. I really did.

It was a thing of beauty, and just when I thought it wasn't possible for my ultimate respect for Yzerman to get any higher it did. The Captain took "Not knowing the meaning of the word 'Quit' to a whole new level. :bow:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
A couple:

Petr Klima's OT goal that ended Game 1 of '90 Cup finals. Breaks my heart to this day.

Doug Gilmour's "cat and mouse" OT goal on Cujo at Maple Leaf Gardens.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
As far as internatioanl games go here's my list off all time best. Not my favourites, but the most famous.

Henderson's winner in '72
Sittlers OT winner in '76
Eurizione's eventual winner in '80 vs. Russia
Bossy's tip in in OT in '84 vs. Russia
Gretzky to Lemieux in '87
Larmer's winner in '91
Hull's tying goal in '96 then Amontes winner
Lemieux's in between the legs goal to Kariya in '02

As far as NHL goes I'd say this:

Orr's Cup winner in '70
Nystrom's winner in '80
Richards winner in '71
Steve Smiths shoit off Fuhr in '86 ( hey it didnt win anyhting but it gave Montreal the Cup that year)

blamebettman*

Desjardins 2nd and 3rd goals against Hrudey, I love Cole's call.

Dey-jar-DAN!!!!! Dey-jar-DAN.........theeey haaaaaaaave tiED IT!!!!

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Mario's 5-4 against the B'Hawks in the 1st game of the 1992 Stanley Cup finals with 13 sec. remaining. I think, this goal won Pittsburgh the cup. Chicago was on a 11-game winning streak ...

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
MAF said:
Mario's 5-4 against the B'Hawks in the 1st game of the 1992 Stanley Cup finals with 13 sec. remaining. I think, this goal won Pittsburgh the cup. Chicago was on a 11-game winning streak ...

Not to mention Jagr's famous dipsy-doodle manuever through several 'hawks to tie the game.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
crashthenet said:
Bobby Nystrom starts a dynasty.

What is that you speak of? I seemed to have erased May 24th 1980 at 7:11 of overtime and Pete Peeters sitting on his butt as the puck went over his shoulder from my mind. Good thing too, because if I still thought about it 25 years later it would haunt me. Glad I have forgotten all about it otherwise it might eat at me 25 years later!!

Ogopogo*

Gretzky's 77th vs. Buffalo to break the goal scoring record
Gretzky's 50th in 39 games
Messier's brilliant move to fake out the dman and score vs. the Islanders 1984 finals
Tikkanen's OT winner in game 7 1991 vs. Calgary
Gretzky's OT winner vs. Calgary game 2 1988
Bob Nystrom's OT winner vs. Philadelphia to win their 1st cup
Gretzky vs. Colorado Rockies early 80s, he made the dman and goalie look like peewees, it was embarrassing
Pat Lafontaine's 4OT goal vs. Washington game 7 1987
Gretzky's goal to pass Gordie Howe as all-time scoring leader
Anderson's slapshot through Hextall's legs to clinch the '87 cup for the Oil
Kurri and Gretzky amazing passing back and forth to embarrass a Rangers defenseman and score 1988
Gretzky's behind the back pass to Coffey for a goal 1985 finals
Anderson's famous inside out move putting the puck between Bruins dman's legs and going around him to beat Moog 1990 finals.

Ogopogo*

Malefic74 said:
Steve Smith's "goal" off Grant Fuhr to elimiante the Oilers in '86.

Denis Savard's goal where he seemingly dekes the entire Oilers team twice over before scoring.

Wayne Gretzky's empty netter for 50 in 39

Mike Bossy's one-timer for 50 in 50 where he high-steps after scoring it

Eric Desjardins completes the only hat trick by a defenseman in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Claude Lemieux's overtime winner over the Whale in '86.

Wayne Gretzky's slapper over the shoulder of the helpless Mike Vernon.

You have mentioned some great ones that I missed. Good work. :clap:

Burnaby_Joe*

There's so many famous goals, but the one that stands out to me is Lecavalier's goal against the Czechs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad