Fallout 76

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
There's a sale on the PS store for Fallout 76 steel dawn. Seems like they are selling it as a full game. Is it? Is it the full fallout 76 plus steel dawn? Or is steel dawn a seperate standalone full game?

Not clear

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
There's a sale on the PS store for Fallout 76 steel dawn. Seems like they are selling it as a full game. Is it? Is it the full fallout 76 plus steel dawn? Or is steel dawn a seperate standalone full game?

Not clear
Steel dawn is a free update for owners of the game.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Well, since the thread just got a three year bump... what's the state of the game in 2024? Fun? Worth pucking up?

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
Well, since the thread just got a three year bump... what's the state of the game in 2024? Fun? Worth pucking up?
When I finished all main and side quests of the Fallout 4 base game, I really had to continue scratching the Fallout itch so I started a Fallout 76 playtrough in March of 2022. At that point, the game was 3 and a half years old and was at its 11th major update/expansion. The big ones being Wastelanders (that brought NPCs and 2 new factions with each their own questlines) and Steel Dawn (that added the Brotherhood of Steel faction and a new questline). During this playthrough, The Pitt update added 2 new missions called "expeditions" which take about 45 minutes to complete each.

I played the game as if I was playing a single player game avoiding events and daily quests. I have to admit that I didn't really understand all the game mechanics at that time so my initial review wasn't that good. I wasn't really aware of the players' community but I had an encounter with a player nicknamed Grim Blasthappy who really helped me out by crafting nice weapons and power armors when I was really struggling around level 20. I carried them through level 90.

My review posted in November 2022:
Fallout 76: 7/10

I just finished (almost, I'll explain later) the main quests and did The Pitt missions. I have to say that I hated the game at 1st because there are no pausing, no slow motion with VATS, weapon degradation, radiant daily quests/events and annoying players. I had just beaten Fallout 4 so there was a lot of adjusting to do.

The game finally grew on me. I started the game in March 2022, so the Wastelander update was part of the game so it felt more like a Fallout game (I wonder what it was like at launch tho). Since I discovered that I can reject daily quests and events, I could now sort the "to do" quest list and focus on the main and side quests. The only one I couldn't finish was the Brotherhood of Steel main quest because there's a known bug in the Disarming Discovery quest (if you kill Dagger with explosives, the key you have to retrieve on her body won't spawn).

The Mistress of Mystery quest was a lot of fun. Reminded me the Silver Shroud quest in FO4, There's also a connection between the 2 quests in the Fallout lore.

I finished the game at lvl 73 so some part were very hard for me since I play as a loner.

Since then, Bethesda added 2 updates that sparked my interest in Nuka-World Tour (new location, events and boss) and Atlantic City (2 new expeditions like The Pitt). So I got back to my playthrough and noticed they fixed the Brotherhood of Steel questline bug so I could complete it and pop new achievements.

But I noticed that all my weapons felt like slingshots compared to other high level players so I started studying the game mechanics and I found that your SPECIAL must really match your playstyle and go towards only 1 weapon. Also, I realized that the players' community was really nice! It's now a community as when you encounter another player who's at a higher level, they usually ask if you need help or drop items like plans, recipes, stimpaks, etc. You can ask higher level player to craft or give you something rare or help you for a particular quest and they will gladly do it.

Now, the game really grew on me and I have fun just to complete the daily and weekly challenges, find the spots of all the treasure maps and do the Fasnacht event waiting for the Atlantic City update part II.

You can read this if you wanna know more about the updates, seasons and roadmaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I've given it another chance after giving up on it a few weeks after the initial release

I am most of the way thru the main questline(s), only have one left I think, gave the expedition a shot last night and didn't care for it a whole lot, the main game has gotten a lot better, but I would say it is still lacking a good bit compared to FO3/NV/FO4. If you have a fallout itch, it will suffice, but overall I would still rate it like a C+ or B- at best

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
I've given it another chance after giving up on it a few weeks after the initial release

I am most of the way thru the main questline(s), only have one left I think, gave the expedition a shot last night and didn't care for it a whole lot, the main game has gotten a lot better, but I would say it is still lacking a good bit compared to FO3/NV/FO4. If you have a fallout itch, it will suffice, but overall I would still rate it like a C+ or B- at best
Yeah, not a fantastic dish but comfort food.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad