Fake crowd noise

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
How f***ing embarrassing, but completely unsurprising….

This league is one giant :facepalm:
What's worse is that it's so unnecessary. Then when there is actual real crowd noise, they squelch it down because they think we would rather hear their commentators.

I said it a long time ago in the days of NHL Center Ice- can they just give us a live feed of the game without any play by play or commentary? I would rather just watch the game like I'm there, with real crowd noise and the sounds on the ice. Even better, mic up a player or two and we can listen to them all game. It would be WAY more entertaining

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I said it a long time ago in the days of NHL Center Ice- can they just give us a live feed of the game without any play by play or commentary? I would rather just watch the game like I'm there, with real crowd noise and the sounds on the ice. Even better, mic up a player or two and we can listen to them all game. It would be WAY more entertaining

I said that too when I had CI for years :)

The NHL would never go for that though… :rolleyes: :shakehead

Reactions: BB79

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
NHL doing NHL things. Inserting horrible elements to their product that absolutely no one asked for. And those noises seem to manifest everytime a goal is about to be scored. So they also spoil the condenced games.
They already spoil the highlights by placing period periods on the video timeline. So you can tell if the game goes or doesn't go to OT. Kind of tough not to spoil the outcome these days, as DTMTS uses the NHL highlights instead of the Sportsnet ones.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
They already spoil the highlights by placing period periods on the video timeline. So you can tell if the game goes or doesn't go to OT. Kind of tough not to spoil the outcome these days, as DTMTS uses the NHL highlights instead of the Sportsnet ones.

My biggest pet peeve is that they show the results from the other games on the bottom sometimes.

Reactions: Shark Finn

Hanswurst

Oct 26, 2019
Just Wachted the replay of the Kings‘ OT goal. And wow. This sounds absolutely horrible.

What is this shit???

Last edited by a moderator:

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
Also they throw that next video recommendation bubble on the screen with about 15sec left so you know if it's gonna end. Also the fake crowd white noice is just lazily slapped on the whole clip when there's a goal so you know it's coming. f***ing amateur shit

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The NHL could go under tomorrow and I’d f***ing laugh myself to sleep.

It really is such an embarrassingly amateur hour clownshoe of a league. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Speaking of which, hey…when’s the next lockout gonna/supposed to be?

Reactions: BrokenFace

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Fake crowd noise has made the highlights unwatchable.

f*** these goddamn motherf***ers. They can't get a single thing right. Every single season, they f*** up something new that used to work perfectly fine in previous seasons. :mad:

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Fake crowd noise has made the highlights unwatchable.

f*** these goddamn motherf***ers. They can't get a single thing right. Every single season, they f*** up something new that used to work perfectly fine in previous seasons. :mad:
Just revert to Sportsnet highlights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad