OT: Failure of a team, Failure of a rebuild

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Why don’t you explain why Staios kept DJS around for so long after assuming the GM duties? All you’ve done is defend Staios and his lacklustre efforts to improve the team with a meaningless goaltender coach swap, installing a caretaker coach for the final 57 games, and some insignificant waiver wire pickups.

Perhaps explaining his slow cautious approach is “defending “ him?
King of the strawmen right here. I've never claimed any of those things.

This is a post you made in 2021, giving all the leeway in the world to Dorion over things that we don't know that are happening behind the scenes.

News Article: - What did the Senators get out of trading EK65

Curious how you aren't willing to apply the same logic to Staios when it comes to the coaching change.

We all know the reason though-- Dorion was largely disliked and Staios isn't because he brings new hope to the franchise. You're a lonely contrarian who does this to get attention. Every time I reply to you I consider it my good deed for the day.

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Why don’t you explain why Staios kept DJS around for so long after assuming the GM duties? All you’ve done is defend Staios and his lacklustre efforts to improve the team with a meaningless goaltender coach swap, installing a caretaker coach for the final 57 games, and some insignificant waiver wire pickups.

How come you never pined for Dorion firing DJ when they were both here?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
How come you never pined for Dorion firing DJ when they were both here?
Wolf 3.jpg

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
King of the strawmen right here. I've never claimed any of those things.

This is a post you made in 2021, giving all the leeway in the world to Dorion over things that we don't know that are happening behind the scenes.

News Article: - What did the Senators get out of trading EK65

Curious how you aren't willing to apply the same logic to Staios when it comes to the coaching change.

We all know the reason though-- Dorion was largely disliked and Staios isn't because he brings new hope to the franchise. You're a lonely contrarian who does this to get attention. Every time I reply to you I consider it my good deed for the da

Good little Boy Scout… do you have your HFBoards badge?

Goes both ways, I haven’t done anything you’ve claimed I did…. Your link to an innocuous post is pretty weak support for what you’ve trying to spin here

Last edited:
Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
since the team stated they wanted to build good habits and an identity in the final 20 games of the season they are 6-3. Korpisalo is 5-1 and Forsberg is 1-2.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Because DJ is actually a decent coach.

Just look at how he has the Kings humming right now:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Anyone who is getting fooled by this run hasn’t been around for long

I haven't been around for a couple days...are fans doing that thing where they get all confident and positive because of a little winning streak when pressure is off at the end of another failed season?

I swear these end of season winning streaks are a leading cause of this rebuild's failure

Why do so many sens fans keep falling for it?

Reactions: Adrianopolous

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Anyone who is getting fooled by this run hasn’t been around for long
There's no winning with you.

Team wins games -> same crap every year
Team loses games -> rebuild is a failure

Always walking around with a storm cloud over your head.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
I haven't been around for a couple days...are fans doing that thing where they get all confident and positive because of a little winning streak when pressure is off at the end of another failed season?

Why do so many sens fans keep falling for it?
Next we will see Brady attending playoffs games in Florida then I’ll be told that “watching playoff hockey will motivate him”.

Didn’t he say last year that this was the last time?

There's no winning with you.

Team wins games -> same crap every year
Team loses games -> rebuild is a failure

Always walking around with a storm cloud over your head.
Maybe they can try winning in a sustained manner and actually making the playoffs?

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Maybe they can try winning in a sustained manner and actually making the playoffs?
Well duh, but we're here now. What should they do? Point still stands. If they play well, we're fools. If they lose they suck. No matter the result, you're going to piss on it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Hopefully Bobby is right and the new coach will have them ready to start the year.
Sens need to get harder to play against.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
To the OP. If the team is good next season will you please go away.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
MTL looks to be in a better position with their rebuild at this point. That’s a team who made the cup finals a few years ago too..

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
MTL looks to be in a better position with their rebuild at this point. That’s a team who made the cup finals a few years ago too..

We're supposed to be 4 years ahead. Listening to TV broadcasts here in Montreal, they used to praise the Sens rebuild, but it has switched now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad